“I feel sick”

Description: 281-245-052
Houston, Texas
“I feel sick”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We first tried this buffet when it was operating under a different name...it wasn't great then, but decent enough for a few return trips. We returned when the spot opened as Healthy Chinese Buffet. The quality had definitely declined, but it's convenient...so we didn't totally write it off. We went another time and said never again. Fast forward to now (May 2012)- my husband and I were having a date night and were really wanting Chinese food since we rarely get to eat it (one of our kids has a peanut and tree nut allergy and it's just way too dangerous to eat this kind of food). So my husband and I decided to brave the buffet rather than spend the $ on the gas to take us to better Chines buffet options inside Houston. MISTAKE...BIG MISTAKE. I really don't even know where to start...the food was just so gross. I was starving - so I ate, but I sit here hours later wishing I just let my tummy grumble. I know quality suffers at buffets, but this was probably the worst Chinese buffet experience I've ever had.

To top it off...the bathroom was gross. It smelled of urine, one sink wasn't working, and a portion of the soap dispenser was missing.

And while we don't do Chinese often, the next time we get a sitter and have a craving for it, I'm not sure where we'll eat but I know it won't be here. Ok- time to go find the Pepto. Blech.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank HouCuseChickie

Pearland, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dry food”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I was buying a to go buffet as I usually does. This is porbably my third time but this time it was dinner, the rest were lunch buffet to go... Anyway, they want you to pay first before you get your food, which I did. I could not find anything fresh and I wanted the salmon. I saw the salmon, it was dry and I told one lady, could you bring a new one? Unexpectedly another lady came out and placed some hot water on it..on the salmon...OMG, I told myself, although I have eaten here for a few times, i would not eat again...i dont think their food is fresh at all.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank mar p
Rosharon
“Horrible”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Horrible!! My family and I went to eat there on Friday night and as I was getting my food, a person that works in the kitchen runs out with a broom, he was chasing a mouse that happen to leave the kitchen, run pass my foot at my position in the buffet area, and ran under the table next to us where people were seated. They ran out the restaurant screaming of course. The staff finally caught the mouse. It was a real live rat race!! I was too stunned to do anything. The owner's never made it a point to apologize, thank god there was only a few people there at the time. My children had already began their food and I was too disgusted to eat. They wanted me to pay anyway.... They expected for people to keep eating as if they didnt know there was a rat. I told the owner, I refuse and she followed me to my car. I told her would you rather apologize for being infested with rodents or have someone write a messy review... She insisted that I pay......

Visited December 2011
3 Thank tiffanygRosharon
Manvel
“Management wasn’t friendly or tactful”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We ate lunch with a large group. When it came time to reconcile our checks, the server could not account for one drink. The manager came to our table and insinuated that we had drunk the beverage and not paid for it. She kept examining the receipts and questioning us one by one. She simply would not accept the fact that they counted incorrectly.

For the sake of a $2.00 beverage, the manager alienated a party of 18. Needless to say, we won’t return. There are several good Asian restaurants in Pearland, don’t bother with this one.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank TaylorLake
Bixby, Oklahoma
“At one time it was good”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

At one time it was good but like in life, things change. Things have gone down hill the last 6 months. Even the helath department have given them warnings. Lat week we Choose to use the rest rooms. NOT A GOOD IDEA. VERY BAD AND UNHEATHY. we wont be back.

• Visited June 2011