“Recent stay!”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Pearland
Huntsville, Texas
“Recent stay!”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

If anyone is ever in the Pearland area this is the best hotel to stay in! Rooms are large, bed is fantastic, breakfast was really good. Very clean hotel looks like new, staff keeps well maintained. The aquarium in the front lobby is beautiful!! One of the nicest things about this hotel is the staff! They are super nice greeted upon check in with a friendly smile! Felt like I was the most important person to them even though they had many other guest. But I did notice they treated everyone who walked in the door with a warm hello and made them feel as welcome as I was. Have a great pool! Very clean and nice area to enjoy and relax after a long day. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to this area!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank txgirl247
mimibrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pearland, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Txgirl247, thank you so much for your recent stay here with us here at Holiday Inn Express Pearalnd. We are so happy that you enjoyed the your stay. The weather was great and I am so glad that you got to take advantage of the pool while you were here. The days have been perfect for swimming and being able to sit out by the pool and relax is always a plus. Make sure to give us a call when you get ready to travel back to Pearland, so that we can get a one of our nice roomy rooms ready for you. We are looking forward to seeing you again! Have a great day from the Holiday Inn Express staff to you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Superb guest service and extraordinary staff and especially the manager and the sales guy were so sweet and so friendly at the guest reception.The aquarium in the lobby is amazing and beautiful. Great and well maintained hotel with everything inside the room very new, and sparkling clean. And the beds are so comfortable and relaxing.This has been the best Holiday Inn Express that i have ever seen everything perfect and in place.Very Convenient from Hobby Airport. I got much more for the price that i paid. Surely i will come back no hunting for other hotels in the area. 'SIMPLY OUTSTANDING'

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
mimibrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pearland, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear Great Lover, What an awesome review we received from you . And how pleased we are that you loved our hotel, as well as the the guest services we have to offer here at Holiday Inn Express Pearland!! There is nothing more important to us than our guest being comfortable. And being able to come and relax in a nice clean room is refreching for all our guest. We are so glad you had the Great Experience you did and are looking forward to having you agian hopefully in the near future. Thank you from all of us here at The Holiday Inn Express Pearland!! Have a great day!!
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed one night at this hotel. Upon check-in I was given a gift bag with a bottle of water and a snack. I thought it was a nice gesture. I stayed in a mini suite which was nicely appointed. It had a seating area and also a fridge & microwave in the room. The hotel appeared to be fairly new and was maintained very well. The room and hotel premises was clean, The hotel provides a free continental breakfast. It wasn't anything special, but it was nice to be able to get coffee and fruit without leaving the premises. I would definitely recommend this property. There is construction on the road in front of the hotel, but this was a minor inconvenience. The hotel is located close to a major thoroughfare. Eating establishments were also in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
mimibrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pearland, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Dear Road Warrior, We were extremely pleased to find that your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Pearland was a good one. Thank you for taking the time to to send this great review. And please do let us upon your next return to Pearland so that we can make reservations for you, and have a nice suite ready for you once more. Have a great day, from the entire staff at Holiday Inn Express Pearland Texas.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2010

The hotel is lovely; the staff was helpful; breakfast was very good. We arrived late and the rollaway bed was in our room and was made up. The price was right and we had a very pleasant experience. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Pearland-Houston area.

Carolyn Smith, Austin, TX

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
mimibrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pearland, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Ms. Smith,
I want to thank you for taking your time from your day to complete this survey, and to let you know I am pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay here a The Holiday Inn Express Pearland. It is our goal to make all our guest feel as we welcome as we possible can during their visit with us here. And we are happy your stay was a pleasant one.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I travel all year round and have never received the customer service that I did at this hotel. I was very impressed with the size of the rooms and the cleanliness of them. The aquarium they have in the front lobby is amazing. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Pearland.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you , and are very happy your stay was a memorable one. The aquarium is my favorite. I do appreciate your time in filling out the survey. Thank you for your kind words.
central texas
Reviewed 19 August 2009

My husband and I went August 14 to a family going away party for our grandson. Our daughter made reservations at Holiday Inn as there isn't enough room for everyone at the house plus my husband had had shoulder surgery and needed a quiet place with a king size bed. We got the king size bed but at 2:52AM all hell broke loose in the hallway on our floor. There was a party......at least 20 people roving the halls screaming and yelling. They descended to the pool at 3:15 AM (which was supposed to close at 11:00PM ) with beer coolers where they proceeded to drink and party til 4:45AM , then back to the halls of the hotel screaming and yelling until 5:30AM.. Did we call the desk clerk ? Only five or six times to a clerk who was unwilling or too inexperienced to handle the situation. We asked her to call the manager which she claimed she did but we never heard from one. After complaining the next morning our room was comped. As we spoke to the front desk manager numerous other guests spoke up and complained about the problem . Were there rooms comped ? Probably not unless they asked for it. The personnel is in very bad need of training as is the management. We spent the next night at the Best Western across the street .....not as nice but at least quiet and seemed to have a better trained staff.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
I truly do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay during August 2009, It is our hope to have an opportunity to serve you on a future visit.
Burnet TX
Reviewed 3 December 2008

To Whom it May Concern.

After I called directory assistance for the number to a Holiday Inn Express in Sugar Land, TX -- Holiday Inn Express booked my reservation for Pearland, TX on Aug. 30, 2008 while I was under the vivid impression I was booked for Sugar Land for Aug. 31, 2008.

When I arrived Aug. 31 at Sugar Land, the front desk clerks there said they had no reservation in my name. Why? Because I was booked at Pearland, they said.

So, I asked the front desk clerks, can you change my reservation from Pearland to Sugar Land? No, because I was booked for Aug. 30 in Pearland, where I was recorded as a no-show guest, and Pearland charged me $125.00.

I stayed at Sugar Land on Aug. 31, where I wanted to stay all along from the get-go.
I have faxed a request to Holiday Inn Express in Pearland for a $125 refund on Aug. 30 at Pearland, along with the receipt for my stay at Sugar Land on Aug. 31, as well as my cell phone records showing my calls to directory assistance, asking for a Holiday Inn Express reservation in Sugar Land. So far, no response.

It appears directory assistance gave me a wrong number while I was making reservations. I believe this miscommunication incident can be rectified easily. If so, I would recommend Holiday Inn Express to friends and neighbors.

A refund to from Holiday Inn Express Pearland will soothe my bruised feelings, even if Pearland wants to attach a token service charge. Otherwise, I cannot see making future reservations at Holiday Inn Express, anywhere, nor would I urge friends and neighbors to do so.

For the record, I enjoyed my stay at Sugar Land with no complaints.

It is not my intent to slander Holiday Inn Express. On the other hand, a little help on the matter will be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

• Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo