“Avoid”

Add it.
Southwyck Golf Club
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Pearland
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Links style course. Clubhouse didn't mention the entire back 9 was undergoing green renovations. Charged me full fare anyway. Always 5 hour + rounds on weekend. Play Timber Creek instead.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I was looking for a last minute tee time on Christmas Eve. Called the clubhouse several times. They never answered so I booked a tee time on-line. When we arrived the staff informed us they would be closing in 1 hour (2pm) and all carts had to be in. The rest of my group elected to not play but since they would let me walk the course I decided to stay.The staff was very ambivalent to the point of being rude. I pared up with a group of 3 and we immediately found ourselves behind two groups of 5. They took away our cart on hole 4. Fortunately most everyone left with the carts and I was able to walk the course with minimal delays.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My golf league had a tournament at Southwyck on8/5/2012. After a little shaky start concerning our booking of the event a couple of weeks back, it all smoothed out. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The golf course is in pretty decent shape. The greens had recently been punched but were healing well and for the most part it was not a factor in the play. The bunkers were not the best I have seen but could have been better if the people who play there would rake them. Unfortunately, with a lot of large bunkers, you need a lot of rakes to keep them in shape and some bunkers did not have a rake.
Beverage cart was running and the cart girl was friendly. Their prices are pretty much in line for everything except for bottle sodas. $3.00 for a bottle Coke (or whatever) is a bit much.

2  Thank RickK
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We golfed at Southwyck Saturday, 6/23/12. One of the carts ran out of juice before the second tee box. There was not a beverage cart operating, the water jugs were empty and there were two back to back groups of 5 golfing in front of us.

I play this course often and like the fast greens, layout and condition. Unfortunately, the management of this course has been horrible since the change in ownership several years ago. I have tolerated the service challenges because I like the course but there are too many other golf choices at a comparable price that value the business. We will not be back and will not be participating in any tournaments there this year (SGS, Meals on Wheels, etc...)

1  Thank james d
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Love this place....friendly down-to-earth staff....not stuffy /snotty like other golf courses.

Reasonable price and fun