“No wait to get seated”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Waitstaff
Texas
“No wait to get seated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Sunday lunch on Labor Day weekend - no wait to get a table. We enjoyed a leisurely lunch for a party of six. The waiter was good, fairly attentive. He did not rush us. He brought a gluten free menu for me and made some suggestions which I very much appreciated. This is a favorite place for some family members who live in Pearland, and we enjoyed it very much. The food was great and our service was good. A manager did come to our table to see if we were enjoying our meal. We will undoubtedly eat there again when we are visiting family in the Houston area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TXTripper

Houston, Texas, USA
“Some dishes tasty, some bland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

The ravioli proved a good choice - good flavor. Unfortunately the angel hair with artichokes did not. It tasted like plain pasta with no sauce flavor. It was dissapointing.

• Visited January 2013
Pearland
“We can always get in quickly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is one of the places we go when we just do not want to wait far too long for a table. I don’t know why they are not busier but I’m happy for us. The food is always good and the service is usually good. Their food is as good as Olive Garden and priced similarly, they only difference is I don’t have to wait for 30 minutes to be seated.
The service is hit or miss, it has never been bad but sometimes mediocre, and the server just doesn’t seem to care if they get a good tip or not. I will ALWAYS tip on the service quality, not just the usual 15 percent.
They have just put in a gelato bar and it was great. I feel like I’ve had dessert and still kept to my diet with one of the six flavors of gelato.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank SYinPearland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I enjoy eating at Carino's. The food is delicious and service nice.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank dar2427
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Rude Hostess(es)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2009

Our family loves to eat at Johnny Carino's.
I'm not one to complain, but I can't take the attitude from the hostesses any longer. No one shows "I HATE MY JOB" by their actions more than the Hostesses at Johnny Carino's!!!!!!

1 Thank christy29