“Hidden gem in Pearland”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pearland, Texas
“Hidden gem in Pearland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Thanh Phuong is truly a hidden gem! Located in a small shopping center, the interior is unexpected as it is cozy and attractive and the food is wonderful! My husband and I have dined here numerous times and never been disappointed with any of the dishes we have tried and we try something new on each visit. If you must have alcohol with your meal, this is not your place to go as they do not serve any alcohol. But if you pass it up, you're really missing some truly great Vietnamese food and wonderful service, too! This may not be the place for business executives to meet over dinner but a great place for couples, families and friends. If you're disappointed in the food, I would sincerely be surprised.

Visited November 2013

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most overpriced and average meal we had after two weeks in Vietnam”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were led to believe that this place was popular because it was crammed with Westerners. We quickly found out that this was only due to a charismatic and determined matre di. The meals lacked flavour our squid didn't seem fresh, beef over-stewed and even our boiled plain rice was over cooked. Wouldn't go back. If westerners are in the establishment it DOES NOT guarantee a good meal. Lesson learnt!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Daniels L
Pearland, Texas
“Good lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I have eaten to go Pho from here before which was excellent beef noodle soup. On this visit I had a cup of won ton soup which was very good and ordered the spicy shredded pork and requested fried rice instead of steamed. Pork wasn't shredded but did have good spicy flavor. I never got the fried rice so can't comment on it. I got the steamed rice and the 2 waiters were too busy seating the lunch time rush to get them to bring the fried rice I ordered. Because they only had 2 waiters, I waited far too long to get water refills especially considering I had a spicy dish. The service was the only thing lacking. The food was good and the atmosphere pleasant. Deep menu choices so I will absolutely be coming again

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

We eat here often & I have enjoyed many of their dishes. They have a pretty extensive menu. My fave is the lemon grass vermicelli. The staff is nice.

Visited August 2012
Houston, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I went here based on the reviews in the Houston Press and was very underwhelmed. The pho was comparable to other vietnamese joints I've been to, the Cha Gao were fairly greasy and didn't really pop in terms of flavor. Lastly, the much touted creme brule was... average.

Visited March 2012