“Low on service”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Pearland
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Low on service”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed one night here recently. The room I was large, with a good sized bathroom and huge shower. However the room seemed a little dirty (the sides etc were polished and the bedding clean) but the carpet and paint in the room and surround areas has seen better days.

In the morning there was no one assistant at breakfast, there was good laid out. Paper plates and plastic cutlery we dotted about for use. The food was pretty bad, I was relieved to be leaving.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael r
sleepinnpearland, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel Pearland - Houston South, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you, Sir, for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Please accept our apologies, and rest assured that no guest comment goes unnoticed. We apologize if we did not meet your expectations, and would like to inform you that this property's rooms are currently under rennovation and we expect completion in early 2014. We'd like to have you stay with us again and we're looking forward to exceeding your expectations during your next stay. We appreciate your business, and hope you choose Sleep Inn next time you're in the Houston/Pearland area.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My stay at Sleep Inn & Suites was the GREATEST!!!!. I stayed at the Sleep Inn on the weekend of my Birthday and it was fantastic. The staff was very professional and friendly. No matter how many times I called for assistance there was always a smile on the other end. The rooms were also great.- Got a real good nights sleep. I highly recommend this hotel for family reunions, class reunions, or just a weekend getaway. This is the place, if you want that Home away from Home feeling. - Not to forget the Continental breakfast- it was Hmmmm Good.

Thanks, Sleep Inn
B.Y

Room Tip: Look for Smiling Faces of the Staff when you check in.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
sleepinnpearland, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel Pearland - Houston South, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We are so please to hear about your stay. Thank you for sharing your birthday with us. We are glad we made your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to future stay with us!
Thanks again and happy travels,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just spent the weekend at this hotel. It was our first experience at this property and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Its clean, modern, well run, and has all the amenities one would want in a motel stay. The pool area is clean though a bit small. the rooms are luxurious and have all the modern conveniences you want. The staff was friendly and attentive- front desk staff courteous and helpful, and the whole staff seemed eager to please their guests. The continental breakfast was above average. If you want a family friendly place to stay, this is it. Things for everyone to do and very kid friendly
-- Boris

Room Tip: Third floor level very quite.....
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Boris R
sleepinnpearland, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel Pearland - Houston South, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Boris,
Thank you for being our guest. It makes us very happy to hear about pleasant experiences here at the property. The next time you are in town, we would love to have you visit again.
Happy Travels to you,
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I will not stay here again , room when arrived was hot . Room smelled kind of musty , and the room was muggy .. Could not sleep at night because I was hot and the room would not cool , I checked out asap!!!

• Stayed August 2013
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. .We have procedures put into place to guarantee our guests a pleasant and comfortable experience here at the Sleep Inn and Suites. I have used this situation as a teachable moment for all staff to ensure it won't happen again. Temperatures in Texas do get very high and our guest should not have to suffer because of that. We are very sorry and hope you would give a try again, now that this issue has been addressed and fixed.
irving
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Booked my room with points *cash. The Lobby smelled wonderful, looked modern.
The young lady at the front desk was very professional and polite. My room was wonderful. King Suite. Plenty of room, updated with comfortable modern furniture. The pillow top king size bed was a dream. I had fallen asleep after checking in. It was so quite and comfortable. The hotel has a beautiful pool with hot tube. In the morning a nice breakfast.it was plentyful with a lot of varity, I was really impressed. I enjoyed my stay and can't wait to come back. The only thing that inconvenienced me was lack of parking. All the spots were taken. I did mange to find 1 spot. But other then that, 2 thumbs up. GREAT PLACE

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jessy h
Jessy,
Thank you for for being our guest here at the Sleep Inn and Suites. We really appreciate the positive feed back and are happy to hear your stay was a pleasant one. We look forward to having you visit again. Again, thank you, Valued Guest.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My girlfriends and I could not find any hotels downtown that was affordable and so we headed to Pearland. We saw Sleep inn and Suites right away from 288 so it was very convenient. I went in and inquired how much rooms cost, it was a little higher than expected but everybody was sold out around. The front desk lady was very helpful seeing there were only a few rooms available. I asked if she could show me a couple of rooms.. She had showed me a King suite? and the Jacuzzi suite.. The rooms were wonderful, and surprisingly clean. I went and got the Jacuzzi suite because it was awesome! She gave us a negotiable rate so I went ahead and got the room.
For a hotel that was almost sold out I would expect noise and such, and I jinxed myself for thinking it. There was a loud thump above our room that would just not stop. I called the front desk late at night and told her that the guest above us was being too loud. She said she would take of it.. A few minutes later it had stopped and she gave us a call back to let us know... Terrific! :)
The morning of our check out, we had breakfast at their buffet which was Average, I loved the Texas shaped waffle.
The lady checking us out was all smiles, which is rare in my hotel experience.
All in all, our stay was SPLENDID! would definitely come back and stay!

Room Tip: Preferred the first floor, easy access to everything..
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Angelica63849
Angelica,
Thank you for for being our guest here at the Sleep Inn and Suites. It is so wonderful to hear positive feed back and we are happy to learn that your stay was a pleasant one. We look forward to having you visit again. Again, thank you, Valued Guest.
Stafford, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I arrived on Thursday June 20 for a local kids' event and left Sunday morning. I wish I could've stayed longer. My twins loved this place, especially the breakfast! Yummy! It's not a continental breakfast as we first thought, but a full hot breakfast. Staff was super awesome, we asked for extra towels Friday night before getting in the pool and the young lady at front desk even brought it to my room. I wasn't expecting the extra courtesy but it was a nice surprise! We'll be returning. By the way, I each room our group reserved had its own thermostat, flat screen tv, microwave and fridge. Oh, and our double-headed shower was AMAZING!!! Price was perfect and hotel was easy to find.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family