“Exactly what you expect”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pecos
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Like most Holiday Inn Expresses, you know what you're going to get, and this one is no different. Front desk staff was very polite and had a good dinner recommendation. Possibly due to the oilfield activity, the tap water tastes terrible and my skin hurt after the shower.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We travel often from ABQ, NM to SA, Texas.. and for the first couple of trips on google we could not find a good middle spot..then we came upon this hotel in Pecos, Texas of all places! We have stayed back and forth 4 times now, and everytime we've had a great experience! Rooms always clean, helpful staff, we've never had an issue... and when we go again in end of July, we plan to stay there, yet again! :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TeamCooper8
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This is definitely the best hotel in Pecos by several quantum levels. But you must book a room in advance because the oilfield activity in the surrounding counties results in very high demand for this property. It is new within the last 4 or 5 years. The rooms are spacious and well appointed; furniture is new, everything works. The bathrooms are large and lovely. AC is wonderful. Common areas are beautiful and well kept up. The service from the staff was first rate for Pecos, although I did have a trainee upon check-in. Breakfast was edible, so I was satisfied; coffee was very strong. If you can't stay here, then try not to stay in Pecos because everything else is like 1/2 star rating; move on to Roswell or Ft Stockton.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My fiance got a job offer in Pecos, so I called immediately to schedule our room. I was aware of the lack of available rooms & wanted to be sure we had a place to stay. Guaranteed it with a credit card. Called back immediately to reschedule for the following night due to Monday being a Holiday & he didn't need to report till Tuesday. Rcvd confirmation in email. I had the pleasure, Not, of speaking to Ms. Rude, Ms. Ruder & Ms. Rudest. Customer Service has apparently skipped Pecos, TX. Anyway, we were moving our entire house & life since his job in the oil field will keep us on the road for months on end. We called Monday night while we were heading West from Ft Worth & were advised they did not have our room. We were told even if we drove the 8-10 hrs they had no room for us. They were booked & had no rooms available. I called the customer service # & they were a joke also. They said I would have to take it up with the Manager at the hotel who was off. Oh, don’t let me forget that they charged our credit card as a No Show! However, Kay was kind enough to refund the money when confronted about it! We were offered a "Discounted Rate" which was No Discount! We stayed for 2 months (62 days) before I told my fiance’ we leave the hotel or I was leaving him. The staff seemed bothered & obviously did not appreciate the money we were spending in their establishment & looking at Pecos, TX you can see why the town is barely alive. I refused to give another $ to their hotel! The maids would hang a “Do Not Disturb” sign on our door if they didn’t feel like cleaning. I had quite the collection upon exiting. Complaining only made you feel like you were wasting your breath and the air it took. With management like Kay, you can understand the incompetent staff. They told us they would not charge taxes after 30 days, which they did! They said they would refund our taxes on next 2 wk period, they didn't! Not only did they fail at this, but charged us tax again! It took till the date of our departure to receive our refund & our free night we should have received when they booked our room from the 1st night. They were charging us more for the same room as another customer who just called in. When I confronted Kay she told me she would honor that rate starting the next two week cycle. We had already stayed there for 6 wks! Obviously, she didn't put in the system so the rate was not reflected. Take a guess, she will fix it!! I had had enough and told my fiancé I was leaving. I took a print out of our confirmation with the night they didn't have our room, along with their own guarantee, & advised Kay we would be staying our last night on her, according to the HOLIDAY INN GUARANTEE & their own confirmation print out. Kay had initially called me a liar & advised me we never changed the date. She was forced to honor their OWN HOLIDAY INN GUARANTEE, which is on their website. However, we have now stayed at the HIE in Sweetwater, TX (2 months so far) & Fossil Hill location on Gemini in Ft Worth, TX (6 different occasions)! They are both Exemplary! Great Customer Service, Facilities & Staff! Close down Pecos, TX and reopen with all new staff!

Room Tip: Stay away! Happy Hour is Pizza every night. 4, maybe 5, but not likely. If you are not there by 6...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Bianca B
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The staff at the front desk, one who I believe was the manager, refused to allow me to stay at the agreed rate with my company on my first day in Pecos. Two days later, she registered one of my co-workers at a much lower rate than she had quoted me. When I returned about an hour after he checked in to ask again if I could have my co-worker's rate, the manager was not there but the girl at the front desk refused to give me a reason and just said sometimes prices go up and refused to give me my co-worker's rate!! She also said that she would have her manager call and took my number. She never called. These hotel managers are taking full advantage of the demand for hotels due to the oil boom in Pecos. They have become too independent and have very little care about the customer. Both were rude and inconsiderate. I know that if Holiday Inn headquarters knew what was going on they would fire these two in a heartbeat. What an insult to Holiday Inns.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PecosKate53
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Really enjoyed the breakfaat and I also really like rheir rooms. Clean, comfortable beds. HIE is one of my first choices on a trip for dependable service and consistent comfort.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Patty L
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The room was nice, but the hotel is new. The management did not care about me and rarely spoke. Some of the front desk were nice but not as a normal HI Express. I stay two weeks at a time at many HI Express', I would rate this one below average. Their business center was a playtime for facebook, hot and had no programs for business (.pdf). I could not print out my reports or tmesheets, etc. When confronted, their reaction was "We can't control the people who come in and change the settings". I won't stay anymore. They are not professional!

Room Tip: For business, this hotel is not good. For tourist maybe. Pool is not open starting in Oct.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business