“Comfortable, quiet, with a friendly staff and a good breakfast.”
Review of Hampton Inn Pecos

Hampton Inn Pecos
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This was the second time we had stayed at this hotel. Both times the rooms have been perfectly clean, nicely appointed with very comfortable beds. This time the bathroom didn't have shampoo or conditioner, but I was going to check out the "market" anyway and when I went down to get those, the manager ended up giving me a bag of microwave popcorn for the trouble. The breakfast was good enough for two plates. The huevos rancheros with steak were especially good. All in all, a very satisfying stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
shawn g, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

hello,
we are glad that our staff took care of you.and thank you for choosing hampton inn. we really appreciate your coment and business. people like you makes our business grow.
thank you once again..

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean considering the mud the oilfield workers were constantly tracking in. Hallways and parts of room felt old and worn out. My room had an issue where the door would only sometimes open without me having to ram my shoulder into it. Breakfast was as good as any typical Hampton Inn breakfast. Location is on the far West side of town and pretty isolated from dining options in comparison to other hotels in area. Would stay there again due to loyalty to Hilton brand and lack of better options in town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Burk M

hello,
we are sorry that you had problem with that room but, thank you for staying at our hotel and we are glad that you like hilton property. just wanted to let you know that we are working on that door. thank you for your compliment.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Way overpriced for an average hotel. It was very clean & they'd done little things to dress it up but still average room. Couldn't determine the price until I got my checkout document when I left. I was told the rate was $198. then $159. turns out it was $182.(with taxes & fees). Still too high for amenities. Will not stay here again unless there is nothing else available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dirobo

hello,
we are sorry about the rate. just wanted to let you know that its a oil filedl town and market is growing day by dat and we do not have control over it. we wish we could done something nice for you guys. i hope you understand that ang give us a another chance..we do appreciate your business.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great place to stay. Easy to find and get to. Nice and clean and good breakfast. What was really nice is how the room actually got cool enough in the hot Texas heat. It was 103 and we like to sleep in a cool room and we were able to set it on 70 and stay cool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Jenny J
shawn g, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

hello jenny,
we are so happy that you guys stayed at my propety and you guys like it. that is what get us excited to hear possitive rewiews about your stay. my team is very happy to hear that. hopefully we will see you soon..

Reviewed 16 June 2014

You never know how stranded you are till your vehicle is in the repair shop. I needed to go the gas station and it was too hot to walk. Management asked the maintenance man and he took me to the station. The people that helped are Brenda at the front desk, Tammie with house keeping, and Sergio with maintenance. Good team, Thank you.

Room Tip: The groceries supplies are to far to walk to, so get them before you check in.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MAW5009

Hello,
thank you so much for your business. that is what hampton is all about helping each other. i'm very happy that you mention their name. they got really excited to hear their name by guest. hopefully we will get to see you again..

Reviewed 4 June 2014

chose this hotel based on average drive times during cross country travel. There are limited hotels along this route in general so chose Hampton Inn because you know what you should get at each one.
First, a GPS does not take you there but to an empty lot across a highway. Called and was told everyone has to call. Other hotels are listed on exit sign, this one is not.
2nd hotel is in a seedy area, in the middle of oil fields. Evident hotel used mostly by truckers/travelers. Stayed on first floor after being moved form 2nd floor which has smoking rooms ( my fault, I did not know you could smoke here). Problem is, the smoking rooms are on the 2nd floor so the smell seeped into our room. Had I known this would definitely not have stayed here. Plus, did not feel safe on 1st floor, looked out window and saw people rummaging in dumpsters.
Man at desk not very helpful, sitting in office behind desk, had to wait several minutes the three times we had to go to the desk. The one time was to ask about food. Only one Chinese place delivers, no restaurants within walking distance, mostly only a truck stop mcd's is the only safe option. way overpriced compared to other HI especially with no amenities like food( no cookies at night and cold coffee!) or a pool
I stayed at multiple Hampton inns in the past 2 weeks, and would have picked another town had I known what it was like. NEVER AGAIN

Room Tip: do not stay in 1st floor would not recommend at all to non-smokers. Entire hotel reeks, especially...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rene S
shawn g, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

hello,
i'm sorry that you had bad experience. i hope you chose us agian in feature. hopefully we can make it up to you guys. i'm sorry you had to go through with all the trouble. hopefully, you can give us a chance to prove it to you that we do take our business verry serious.
i appreciate your coment..

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a Hampton Inn. You expect them to have certain things that all Hamptons have: above average beds & furnishings; clean & tidy lobby; efficient desk personnel; good hot breakfast; cookies in the afternoon; small "convenience" store stocked with some drinks and snacks for sale. This Hampton Inn in Pecos, Texas has all that.

I have stayed as long as two weeks and as short as two nights here for business over the last 3 months for a total of 25 nights. I am a smoker and it is very nice to have a good hotel that accommodates that.

Other Hamptons that I have stayed at have also had good maid services and good internet service. This one is severely lacking in those areas.

The maid service is sketchy at best - some days they don't dust or clean the ashtray out; some days it looks like the bed covers and pillows have just been tossed on; most days they don't re-stock toiletries; some days they don't vacuum; some days they don't restock coffee; sometimes they don't restock toilet tissue; most days it is a combination of two or more deficiencies. Having said all that, my room has been up to normal Hampton standards each time I have checked in, so they do a good job of room preparation when someone checks out.

The Hampton Inn - Pecos offers the "StayConnected" internet service that all Hamptons offer. Historically, the StayConnected service is less than stellar in any Hampton that I have stayed at. There are two levels to the service - one is free, complimentary internet and the other is "Premium High Speed" $4.95/day service. At this Hampton Inn, there is absolutely no difference, so if you stay here, don't waste your money trying to get better speed with the Premium service. This is not just a subjective opinion - I tested both the services using Ookla Speedtest and Speakeasy.net speedtest. Download speeds average between 0.8 and 1.2 Mbps no matter which connection (free or premium) that you use. I even tried both services "wired" with Ethernet connection and still the same results (okay, maybe SLIGHTLY better by .3 or so Mbps)

So the bottom line is - if you are just passing through and staying for a single night, then this Hampton will be what you have come to expect out of the chain overall. However, if you are staying longer, be ready to put up with crappy maid service and very slow internet service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business