“Worst motel ever stayed in!”
Review of Motel 6 Pecos

Motel 6 Pecos
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
“Worst motel ever stayed in!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Worst motel we've ever had the displeasure of staying at! Being told by the manager that they can rip you off because the 3 motels in town are always full is insulting, especially when the rooms are filthy, the grounds are trashy and unmaintained and it's obvious that someone is making a profit at the paying guests expense. The manager offered to move us to the room next door which was no better so we declined. We stayed only as long as we had to and took off early tje next morning. We have already complained to CR at Motel 6 but no response yet. No pride of ownership and Motel 6 should be ashamed that they haven't taken any action on this matter. Avoid Pecos and this motel in particular at all cost!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank emzeej

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
arizona
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised, for a no frills motel it was well maintained, had a nice pool and the lighting made me feel very safe. The people were very friendly and the manager was as funny a person as we have met. I would definitely recommend this over the other high priced hotels around.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GARY55AZ
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have been staying at mote 6 for about the last 10 years. Everywhere I go I look for that big red 6. Unfortunately my last reservation was not a good one to say the least. I made reservations to stay at motel 6 in Pecos Tx. I had my children with me which made the experience that much worse. As we drove in we saw what looked to be an abandoned building. It was dirty and had high grass everywhere. As we drove around the motel one of my children caught sight of the pool and almost puked. It was green, yes, green, green, green. Not to mention what was floating in it. I walked into the office and yes I left my family in the car, and a good thing I did because the smell was terrible. I told the person at the counter that I could not stay there with my family and that I needed to cancel my reservation. The gentleman at the counter was polite and told me he would take care of it. Two days later I see a charge on my account for the two night reservation!!! I called the hotel and spoke to someone claiming to be the manager. The man was very rude and refused to give me a name. He finally told me there was no refunds and hung up on me. I called several more times but the manager was no longer available. I have filed a complaint with the corporate office. They will investigate and get back to me in about 15 days. Depending on the outcome I might never stay at another motel 6. Ten years of excellent service ruined by one bad, extremely bad experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pecos hotels

Texas
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed here one night for work. First thing I noticed was that upon entering the lobby, the smell of dried puke assaulted my nose. It was definitely nauseating as another guest waiting in line asked if I smelled the same thing. Yup. Pretty bad.

The manager was very helpful and got me checked in quickly. He was polite and a cheerful fellow. I stayed in room 105 which faced the main road right off the interstate. The room was quite popular as well as there were 5 flies that buzzed about. I was able to obliterate 4 of them within the first 15 minutes but that last one was a ninja fly. Anyways, I got tired of chasing him and let him be.

The bed was very clean and neatly made. The floor, however, had very visible stains. The toilet had a low, slow leak. The room had a noticeable dried urine smell -- kinda like what a diaper left out in the sun would probably smell like. Long story short, the window and walls are thin. You hear EVERYTHING, and I'll leave it just like that.

Stay here if you must. The bed is clean but room not so much. You do get what you pay for largely in life, but this being in an area with a good bit of increased oilfield activity, you tend to get a lesser return.

Room Tip: Avoid room 101 through 105 as they face the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Pecos, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear Mike C - We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the cleanliness, maintenance and odor issues you encountered in your room and in the lobby. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I visited Pecos for the Rodeo which was great. What wasn't great was the Motel 6. In the space of one hour I had 3 different rooms and all of them were terrible. The first one was full of flies and I mean hundreds of them. It was similar to that of when you see a body which has been dead for weeks on CSI or something.
We requested another room and they obliged. This room was worse than the first. The entire carpet was stained and filthy and there was an overwhelming smell of damp. It looked and felt filthy.

We requested a refund in order to go somewhere else and I was informed that if I wanted to leave, my $96 would be mailed by cheque in 3-5 days back to the UK.

Getting very angry and fed up by this point we were given a third room. It was not great but we were pleased to see that there was only a couple of flies and the dead smell had gone.

I would never stay here ever again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Please learn from my mistake.

• Stayed June 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Pecos, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear OrksBefan - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness, odor and pest issues you encountered during your stay; these conditions are certainly not consistent with our quality standards at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I Read all of the comments about this and the other motels in the area, and didn't find what most of the commenters have said, wasn't what I discovered. I have traveled in all states from coast to coast and border to border. Since doing this I have found out that most motels have changed owner/management personnel and a change in buildings. I couldn't resist a challenge, do I decided to check out this motel. There has been a change in managers, a change in front office personnel. I love to visit with management and other staff members in the towns I vist as I learn about the area.
Motel 6 housekeepers changed my linen and cleaned my room everyday. Building damage was NOT FOUND to be sure. I asked if it was possible to see the room where the commenter said the water was running from the ceiling and was told it happened during a t-storm and part of the roof must have leaked. The manager said the guest was offered another room.
i asked if I could see that room, he said sure it above the office, you can see it when you enter the property. It didn't appear to have a changed door, so the door wasn't damaged. I thought from what I had read the front STEEL door was bent in half, it would be impossible to bend a STEEL DOOR.
If anybody is considering staying in Pecos or any other town, Check out the property yourself and see. Cal the motel ask questions. There is always changes happening. Some commenters must like to vent something different than what is the actual truth.

Room Tip: Check it out for yourself.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank swordsman43
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Everything in Pecos was full except the Motel 6 (should have told us something). The first room had a steady stream or water pouring from the ceiling. The second room, the front door bent in half. YEA, bent in HALF! "Motel 6, we'll leave the light on for u...cause its scary if we dont"!
Oh, the only saving grace was the hispanic lady that checked us in. Very sweet, understanding and helpful!

• Stayed June 2013