“They left the light on for us...”
Review of Motel 6 Pecos

Motel 6 Pecos
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Last place with a room left in town...wonderful check in clerk. Heat was maxed out on check in...took quite a while to get to a livable temperature. Sandpaper towels, but clean enough to collapse and get a solid sleep... Probably look harder for a different room next trip to Pecos...(never)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank GAndersGardens

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I'm rarely a fan of this chain but this was the only place in Pecos that was in my price range which was startling. A nowhere town and this very run down motel was a whopping $85!! Service was good though -- bathroom hadn't been cleaned properly and desk clerk showed up promptly with bleach and left it spic and span. Mattress was very soft and fridge didn't have a freezer for my ice packs, but desk clerk, again to the rescue, kept them in the office freezer overnight for me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Deanne A
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel just recently and were very impressed. The hotel staff as soon as you entered were extremely nice, and the hotel was very clean. The manager was also very present and was pleasant to speak to! We got to our room and it was just as nice and the beds were very comfortable. We will surely stay here again! Thank you to the manager, hotel staff for a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We checked in and went to the room and it was filthy, not because it had not been cleaned but because the floors were permanently stained as was the bed spread, the room was the worst I have ever seen. We went back to the front after two minutes and ask for a refund and was refuse by the manager. As the other reviews say the manager is a complete jerk and would not even listen. This place is a complete disgrace to the Motel 6 name. Do yourself a favor and never stay here.

Room Tip: No way this was the only room like this. Stay away
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BRTexas
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear BRTexas, Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay
you had as a result of the condition of the room. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We agree with the previous review. This is by the far the worst management ever by Motel 6!! He is very uncooperative, and an unreasonable person that is just out for your money. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We were coming from New Mexico, headed to Texas when an ice storm came and the road conditions made us divert our plans to stay in Pecos, TX to Roswell, NM for the night. We called the 1(800) number prior to 6 PM, and they advised us that we had to call the hotel directly. We did call them but it was a few minutes after 6 PM. The manager refused to cancel our reservation and told us that we would have to pay for the night. I called the 1(800) number back and they stated that they would call the manager and see if we could transfer our night to the Roswell, NM location and he refused! I have a complaint also filed with Motel 6's guest relations dept. and they are to get back to me shortly on resolving this issue. Stay away from this hotel, there are better choices that are willing to work for your repeat business.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lovetotravel2Cfamily
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This Motel 6 charged our card at the time of reservation. When I attempted to cancel online at 5 pm it said the reservation was in progress. The main Motel 6 number told me to contact the motel directly. When I called, I was told that there was a 24 hour cancellation policy, which was not on my email confirmation or anywhere else on the website. It did say to call before 6 pm. The manager was very rude and told me that there was nothing he was going to do about it and claimed that he told my husband, who called around 2 pm to say we were going to be late arriving, about this 24 hour policy. This is a lie. When I said I was calling the corporate office he said :Go ahead, it won't make any difference". Well surprise, corporates does care and has assured me if the motel doesn't refund my card, corporate will. Also, the room for 1 night was $101. I have always had great experiences with other Motel 6's, but stay away from this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear D'Ann W
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the reservation and service issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Worst motel we've ever had the displeasure of staying at! Being told by the manager that they can rip you off because the 3 motels in town are always full is insulting, especially when the rooms are filthy, the grounds are trashy and unmaintained and it's obvious that someone is making a profit at the paying guests expense. The manager offered to move us to the room next door which was no better so we declined. We stayed only as long as we had to and took off early tje next morning. We have already complained to CR at Motel 6 but no response yet. No pride of ownership and Motel 6 should be ashamed that they haven't taken any action on this matter. Avoid Pecos and this motel in particular at all cost!

• Stayed: November 2013