“Pleased”

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
5  Thank Joseph C

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Hotel has came along ways. Great Improvements!! Prices are getting better as more competition comes into town. This hotel has always been clean and fresh. I will continue to use this place for many more years. Freindly staff and property has been good to me personally and my business has been very fortunate after we moved into this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank oasisark
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel on our trip from Texas to Arizona. Our room was not real clean. There was a dirty fake tree in one corner with a lot of dirt on the carpet behind the tree. A light bulb wasn't working. We could only get hot water from the faucet. The AC unit was very noisy and kept us awake most of the night. When we first arrived I wanted to go swimming so I checked out the pool. It had a lot of dirt in the bottom of it so I didn't feel comfortable going swimming in it. I did report the problems when we left so maybe they have taken care of them. I thought the hotel was very overpriced for what we got in this desolate place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here during a cross country trip with my 2 teenage daughters this past weekend. We were in the area and desperately needed to rest. We came across this inn and stopped. Nearby motels/hotels were quite pricey ($129 and up) because it's such an isolated area and there's nowhere to go. This place was actually $129 and we only needed to be there for a few hours of sleep. When I explained how short of a time we'd be there (less than 8 hours and all of those being night time/sleep hours) the clerk kindly gave me a deal and brought the price down $30. The rooms were nice and clean, decorated nicely, a flat screen TV, and comfortable. The only problem was the door entrances to the room because they sit directly off the parking lot. So you can hear any and all activity as other customers and truckers pass by, etc. So I was a bit disturbed during the night as I tried to sleep by a dog barking (it is pet-friendly), young kids talking and running around, and truckers coming in and out. But the room itself was a nice break from the road.

Room Tip: Nice place to stay, especially on a lengthy road trip. Maybe better to get an upstairs room. Less ou...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Katherine Q
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This hotel is clean and comfortable! The staff is very friendly! People staying are also friendly! I would pay a higher rate at a small hotel that has a friendly service. Most big chains I have stayed at lacks service. I am in the energy business and have stayed at just about all the hotels in town. This one is the one I will continue to stay at. It is not brand new but very well maintained. Most of all it is cleaner than other major chains in town.

Room Tip: Simply be respectful...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank JRB2547
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Over the past 2 1/2 months I have had the pleasure enjoying the accommodations of the Pecos Knight's Inn, aka, "Laura Lodge". I know first hand how important it is to stay in a hotel that is clean, quiet, well staffed and friendly at all hours of the day. As a business customer I find its different than just a client passing through for a one night stay. When you are able to spend days to weeks in the same room you truly are able to see the inner workings of this fine establishment. You are not just a client but a familiar face and name.

It is true that the hotel is not as new as some of the other brands closer to the interstate. But in its favor, it has been kept well maintained and the amenities are updated continually.

As a frequent travel to West Texas I would give high marks to this unique hotel. Staying here for business, pleasure or enjoying the area you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Two of my favorite rooms are 104 downstairs with a King bed and 205 upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert E
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Do not go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our room was acccessed while we were attending the pecos rodeo. I had set up a trick as I do where ever I travel. They had moved my things and tried to blame it on the 10lb 12 yr old dog with blown out hips! My glass lotion containers were on my luggage on the luggage rack. Before leaving the room I had set them with the label facing towards the wall. upon our return our room was flooded, my lotions were on the counter by the microwave, all my luggage was wet. My luggage again was on the luggage rack. How did it all get wet!!! This was unbelievable. I confronted them and thats when they blamed all of this on my old dog. I am still looking into this matter with my attorney.

Room Tip: Beware! They come into your room and go through your things!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family