“Houses back yards w/ kids lining the fairways”

Blackhawk Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Strategically placed lakes and tees make this a challenging course for all levels of play.
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Property developers got too greedy and put the houses back yards too close to the course... watch out if kids are out.. if you get just slightly wild you could hurt one

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Blackhawk is an average layout links- type course east of Pflugerville, Tx. Challenging course, but sometimes lacks in upkeep. Greens are in good shape, but fairways have a lot of barren areas. A lot of crab grass. If you get in a sand trap, look out. Traps are the worst in central Texas. Many are just mud with a thin layer of sand. The win always blows at Blackhawk, even when it is calm in town. The course is designed around neighborhood homes and a slightly errant shot puts your ball in a backyard. I have hit perfect shots, only to have the wind push them into a yard. On some holes, the yards are only 10 feet from the fairway. No bathrooms on the course. Driving range is little more than a pasture.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Boyfriend and I went Austin for the weekend. Thought we would grab golf too. We booked this course and mistakingly did not read TripAdvisor. I told the proshop that we had never played the course. It would have been nice for the guy to tell me that the course is under some construction. I would have been better prepared for the condition. However, at the turn then I asked the proshop about the condition of the course and he said it was in great shape. I looked very confused then asked about the construction or the badbout the condition. The bunkers (they are compacted wet sand with no rake) which he said they are working on, grass torn out and muddy everywhere, but also big cracks in the soil too. He then said yes, they were doing some work. Pretty much did not care about me being unhappy. The greens were in excellent shape but the rest of the course was a goat ranch. I have never seen random st. augustine grass on a course. There were water coolers but NO water (glad I brought some with me - since it was 100 degrees). NO bathrooms on the course and only saw the cart girl twice. Slow play too. Very disappointing. Will never go back. Do not waste your time or your money.

1  Thank apitman
Reviewed 4 March 2012

It's a fair course but make sure the wind is not coming over the nearby barn or the odor will knock you over!!

1  Thank Craig D
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Wide Open golf course, made for the slicer. Good price and fun for the whole family. Average clubhouse.

1  Thank Robert C