“comfortable”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Pharr
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

we stayed here for a month. Room was comfortable. Clean and roomy.
Pool area needs help. furniture worn and uncomfortable and very limited at pool.
Price was okay. Employees not very helpful, we had mail at the office for
a week and were never informed that it had arrived. how hard is to call the guest
room and inform us something had arrived for us.
Not very sound proof. had family next to us one night kids yelling and TV very loud
all night. Not kidding!! Noise until 3/4 in the AM

Room Tip: had room close to laundry and vending was helpful. also adjoining room only on one side so noise of...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank arl1942

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel is a great value for the price. Of course you know, it is a budget hotel, but with some plesant perks. The staff was very friendly. My sister and I came in very late at night and were looking for a cheap room. We choose the King Room to save a few bucks and the man at check-in graciously upgraded us to a Double Room for no extra charge. The room was very large with the two double beds, a sitting area with couch and coffee table, a desk and chair, closet, safe, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, and a full size ironing board and iron. Also, they have newer AC units that get super cold. They have a free breakfast in the morning with the basics, juices, coffee, pastries, toast and a waffle iron. Plus, free parking and free Wifi (you have to get your username and password at the desk though). The morning staff was also very friendly. So, clean rooms, convenient location, friendly staff and low price make this a good value.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Zapopan, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Even some travelers would consider location as an advantage for shopping purpouse (a few minutes away from "Rio Grande Premium Outlets" and "La Plaza Mall"), the rooms are too noisy: either get turned-on the whole night your A/C equipment or TV.
Attitude from Staff people is not the best and they lack of interest to help non-English speakers.
You ought to pay extra for Internet service in your room.

In the other hand, ammenities like TV, fridge and microwave oven at room are delightful for travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Hotel was great. Room was large and clean. Staff very friendly. Rates extremely affordable on their website when you have their rewards card. Will definitely come back again. Very close to airport and crossing the Mexico border.

Room Tip: Book off their website and sign up for their rewards card. When booking, don't put in your rewar...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Janmar32
In the woods @ the end of the road
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

I've stayed here a couple of times before without any problems. When I called from San Antonio to make a reservation, the clerk told me I had given too many numbers for my credit card. When I showed up, I was told the charge would be $6 higher than the walk-in rate posted on the sign outside. My request for a non-smoking room got me a room with cigarette burns every inch around the edge of the bedside tables. When asked if rates had gone up, I got the run around from the same receptionist who had taken my reservation. She told me I had paid $43 in Sep when, in fact, I had paid $34 and took out the receipt to prove it. She then proceeded to tell me I was "disrespecting"
her. Clerks with attitude just make my day after a 900 mile drive! The owner didn't have the guts to talk with me about any of this. I left the next day and will dispute the additional charge with my credit card company as well as making a complaint to the chain's national headquarters.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank hermit8547
ABVI1357, Manager at Texas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
I am very sorry to hear that you had this issue while staying at the Hotel, I take all guest comment to hart, and have talked with My staff to make sure that this will never happen again. I hope that you consider staying with us again.

Krris Patel

Travellers are raving about these Pharr hotels

Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

When we traveled to the Rio Grande Valley to visit our family on the 4th of July weekend we arrived at the Inn a little early, before the regular check inn time. The employee that helped us was very courteous and friendly. Even though, we arrived a little early, he went and made arrangements so we can check into the room. The room was very clean and all the amenities of necessity were readily available. We stayed for 3 nights and the kids enjoyed the outdoor pool which was clean and well kept. The outside appearance of the hotel was pleasant and the employees were very friendly. They serve a basic continental breakfast with waffles which we got tired of after the 2nd day. The beds were a little firm but we got used to it. If we ever travel to the Rio Grande Valley we would definitely give this hotel a consideration. The hotel is a very budget friendly hotel and the service offered surpasses the price you pay for the room.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Monterrey, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2008

I do not recommend this Hotel at all, it was a very uncomfortable stay, the room was not very well cleaned, it had small pieces of trash on the floor of food wrappings from the previous guests, the shower had no hot water, the bathroom floor was sticky, the room had a strong humidity smell because the AC was driping and was wetting the carpet. The bed comforter was very old and ragged. The TV had no remote. So as you can see theres not much to rescue about this experience, oh and I forgot to say that it took forever for the front desk to get me a room even tough I had a reservation.
Dont go to this place, they have low prices but as you can see they offer nothing. I booked this place on Hotwire and thought I was getting the lowest price, but when I got there I saw that the Hotel had lower prices than HW.
This will be a choice only if you are on a very low budget and need a place to stay for a night.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything is uncomfortable
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pharr
#1 of 12 in Pharr
#22 of 42 in McAllen
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 1 in San Juan

Been to Texas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!