“This hotel has some definite potential!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Pharr
Corpus Christi, Texas
“This hotel has some definite potential!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed here for just one night. We arrived very late so we didn’t check out any of the amenities besides the morning breakfast. It was your typical breakfast that you would expect from Quality Inn. Texas shaped waffle, sausage links, eggs, bread items, cereal and juice. Sunny Delight was a nice treat. The breakfast was filling so no complaints otherwise. Check in was typical. We had a non smoking king on the first floor. The added 2nd vanity was a nice treat. The coffee pots could be modernized but no big deal. The A/C was nice and cold. Quality Inn’s are known for their mid value brand type style of hotels. Our room rate was $53.00 plus tax with a discount. I would have had issues paying anything more than about $60.00 for the rooms. The hotel offered interior corridors which were nice but the rooms themselves could use some modernizing rather than the required upgrades mandated by Choice Hotels. The pillows were very small but comfortable. Not sure if this was limited to just my room, but beware for that. I would suggest the owners invest in some better and bigger pillows. We did have to ask for extra towels because a king room only came with 2 sets of towels. This may be typical but I would suggest maybe a set of 3 at the least. The room came with a microwave and fridge with iron and ironing board. The iron was old. Personally, we would stay here again for the same rate. I felt safe at the property. The staff seemed nice but then again I only dealt with 2 of them and they were nice. I would rate this place 2 ½ stars out of 4 as far as class. I would definitely stay here again but for the same rate. Anything more than $60.00 plus tax, I would have some real issues if they didn’t fix some of issues mentioned in this review. I’m pretty sure that with some TLC from the owner, this hotel has some definite potential.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Manero87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Herecity
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

It is very easy for me to hate because I know hate. Some times hate just gravitates upon some people. A look in their eye or the tone in their voice, that's all it takes. But this review is not about hate but rather the staff at this hotel. I like them and the way they they treat guest. There is an informal yet formal way about them that feels like home. I like them.

Room Tip: Look for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dreamsounder
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

My family and I stayed here one night. It was by far the worse hotel experience I have ever had. First off the staff was SO rude. When we walked in we weren't even greeted the first thing out of the 'manager's' mouth was that check in is at three. No hello, no welcome to our hotel. To get to your room you have to pass the hotel staff desk, so every time we walked by we got nothing but a mean look. Rude. That's about the only word I can think of. Now lets move on to the rooms... disguising. We had some kind of pinkish/redish smudge all over the back wall, crumbs on the carpet, and stains on the blankets. Thank goodness I brought my own pillow and blanket. When I get to any hotel I always look under the bed and mattress (weird thing I have cause I am paranoid about bed bugs) and when my boyfriend lifted up the mattress there was underwear and a pair of shorts under it. Definitely not from us. I have nothing nice to say about this place. Rude staff, disguising rooms. Trust me, go somewhere else. Yes it is cheap but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank stina0211

Travellers are raving about these Pharr hotels

yourtown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Friendly kind staff delivering home style feel, hot breakfast, comfortable beds if I had to put a price on it would be more than I paid. Pool hrs 10am to 10pm but we were allowed after hours provided we kept quiet. I like this hotel and will stay again. Business center with image scanner, super!

Room Tip: Call early to see if you can get the room you want and where you want it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Imikewaffles
Austin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We made reservations via phone, we were told a price, then when we got there, the price was not what we were told. The lady was very rude. Said the guy that took our reservations only put down 2 people per room and said " how many of there are yall, it looks like a lot". We asked to speak to the manager, she said she was the manager. Continued to argue with us. Then called the guy that took the reservations (at home?) and said no no, he said yall only said two. I'm thinking really, you are going to argue about 20 bucks? She finally called the owner who said to just give us the rooms at what we were told. While my husband was paying for the room, I went to the soda machine in the lobby and it took my dollar. He told her the machine took my money and she said "I can only handle one thing at a time" and didn't give me my money back,
We got to the room and it was disgusting. There was mold growing beneath the lamp on the wall. There was some sort of stain on the blanket. The walls were also stained and the wallpaper was pealing off the walls. Both lamps in the room had stains on them. I've got pictures of all of this, as I was appalled. I would not walk barefoot in that room.
We were in this town due to a funeral, so did not have time to go elsewhere... we checked in, changed and left. After the funeral, my two sons went to the pool while my husband and I stayed in the room. They are 14 and 16. I had just fell asleep and the phone rang in the room, it was the guy at the desk, "You have kids in the pool unattended and you need to go get them"...my husband told him their ages - There is a sign posted at the pool saying "no children under 14 without adult supervision" - He said "I don't care, you have to go get them"
I'm ashamed I live in the same state as these rude people.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank txstmom
kmlrvi123, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Hello
 We do apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused during your stay but after talking to desk clerk this is what been told
"
 Guest came to check-in it was 11:53am, guest was told that check in time is 3pm and we gave them early checkin without charge as a curtesy .
After that Desk clerk asked how many in their group and they said 4 adults when in fact She saw more than 8 adults and 3 children.reservation did reflects only 2 adults per room no children per room. Which brings us back to a need to adjust reflect adults per room. Because guest was still unhappy So desk clerk called general manager  and he honored the same rate as a curtesy.

About kids in pool.
Night auditor saw to very young boys in the pool and asked which room they came from and they didn't have appropriate answer  and we have problem for non registered guest using poolside we just inquired  if the children  in the pool was with them. We also informed that children need to be accompanied by adults for their safety.
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

Usually when I go to McAllen, I stay here. The hotel has a really good location, not too far, and not to close to shops, making the price not too high. Has complementary breakfast with a variety of goodies to choose from. The rooms are spacious and clean. Just to spend the night is a really good choice

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MTYMatilda11
RIO RANCHO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

We just returned from Texas where we spent 5 nights at this location in Pharr, TX. We would definitely recommend it to friends and family and would stay there again. The grounds, lobby & common areas were spotless as was our room. There was a great selection for breakfast weekdays and weekends served from 6:30 to 9:30 every morning that included eggs, sausage, bacon & waffles as well as regular continental type fare. Our room also had a refrig & microwave and a very comfortable bed. The staff were all courteous, friendly and professional. The hotel is conveniently located next to Hwy 83, and it was noisy at all. Couldn't believe the $50.99 AAA room rate, well worth it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mandmantley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pharr
Comfort Inn & Suites
#25 of 42 in McAllen
Hampton Inn & Suites Pharr
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel McAllen
BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!