“Great place to stay,”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Pharr
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Me and my family just stayed at this place last month, everything was great, since the Hotel look through services and breakfast, they can´t do better for the price. The room was very clean and comfortable, we used the gym and the hot tub. I will come back to this place every time that I visit McAllen. You have many restaurants, shops and malls very close.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the back because in front you have the 85 Freeway and could be a litle bit noisy
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great looing hotel. Great location. Not that dificult to get back on highway. Room was great, clean and comfortable. Didn't have chance to eat breakfast, left too early. Plenty of restraunts to choose from. I ate at Dairy Queen. Good food.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric K
Reviewed 2 April 2013

After some hours driving I got to the hotel and recepcionist greeted me with silence. Not even a Hello. Seems like he did not wants us there. I stayed in this Hotel because of the good reviews, but dont know what happend. Room is ok. Bathroom very dark, on light which was flickering on and off. Dirty Carpet. Incomplete breakfast. Noisy fridge. I will never stay here again, and will not recomend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin N
kmlrvi123, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Hello,
I really appreciate your review and really apologize for any inconvenience you may had during your stay. Our desk clerk always helped our staff that we got gold for our best service from choice hotels.
Please give us another chance and we will leave no stone unturned to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

For the price, this was a very good hotel. When we arrived later in the evening, the hallways (carpets etc.) needed a good cleaning, but by morning that had been done. Certainly some signs of use, but an effort is obviously being made to keep clean. Our room was a pleasant surprise - maybe renovated more recently?? - clean and spacious! The bed was one of the best we've had. Only complaint was the pillows - way too small! Breakfast was very good with hot foods as well as the usual waffles, cereals etc. We haven't stayed at Quality Inns often, but this one was a great alternative to spending all our holiday money on lodging! No elevator so ask for main floor if that is a problem.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed here for just one night. We arrived very late so we didn’t check out any of the amenities besides the morning breakfast. It was your typical breakfast that you would expect from Quality Inn. Texas shaped waffle, sausage links, eggs, bread items, cereal and juice. Sunny Delight was a nice treat. The breakfast was filling so no complaints otherwise. Check in was typical. We had a non smoking king on the first floor. The added 2nd vanity was a nice treat. The coffee pots could be modernized but no big deal. The A/C was nice and cold. Quality Inn’s are known for their mid value brand type style of hotels. Our room rate was $53.00 plus tax with a discount. I would have had issues paying anything more than about $60.00 for the rooms. The hotel offered interior corridors which were nice but the rooms themselves could use some modernizing rather than the required upgrades mandated by Choice Hotels. The pillows were very small but comfortable. Not sure if this was limited to just my room, but beware for that. I would suggest the owners invest in some better and bigger pillows. We did have to ask for extra towels because a king room only came with 2 sets of towels. This may be typical but I would suggest maybe a set of 3 at the least. The room came with a microwave and fridge with iron and ironing board. The iron was old. Personally, we would stay here again for the same rate. I felt safe at the property. The staff seemed nice but then again I only dealt with 2 of them and they were nice. I would rate this place 2 ½ stars out of 4 as far as class. I would definitely stay here again but for the same rate. Anything more than $60.00 plus tax, I would have some real issues if they didn’t fix some of issues mentioned in this review. I’m pretty sure that with some TLC from the owner, this hotel has some definite potential.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Manero87
Reviewed 31 August 2012

It is very easy for me to hate because I know hate. Some times hate just gravitates upon some people. A look in their eye or the tone in their voice, that's all it takes. But this review is not about hate but rather the staff at this hotel. I like them and the way they they treat guest. There is an informal yet formal way about them that feels like home. I like them.

Room Tip: Look for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dreamsounder
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My family and I stayed here one night. It was by far the worse hotel experience I have ever had. First off the staff was SO rude. When we walked in we weren't even greeted the first thing out of the 'manager's' mouth was that check in is at three. No hello, no welcome to our hotel. To get to your room you have to pass the hotel staff desk, so every time we walked by we got nothing but a mean look. Rude. That's about the only word I can think of. Now lets move on to the rooms... disguising. We had some kind of pinkish/redish smudge all over the back wall, crumbs on the carpet, and stains on the blankets. Thank goodness I brought my own pillow and blanket. When I get to any hotel I always look under the bed and mattress (weird thing I have cause I am paranoid about bed bugs) and when my boyfriend lifted up the mattress there was underwear and a pair of shorts under it. Definitely not from us. I have nothing nice to say about this place. Rude staff, disguising rooms. Trust me, go somewhere else. Yes it is cheap but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank stina0211
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pharr
Comfort Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites -- Pharr
Hampton Inn & Suites McAllen
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel McAllen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pharr - Rio Grande Valley

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!