“Disgustingly greedy management”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plainview
Dallas, Texas
“Disgustingly greedy management”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Making reservations far ahead of time complete with reservation number means nothing. If they get a chance to rent at a higher rate from someone else than they agreed for your group, some will be without a room. They will not even recognize they have done such. They will refer you to a stinking rats nest up the road a couple or three miles. Those that did get their room were visiting in the lounge/breakfast area and were informed that such a gathering cost $200 rental.

I wish we had known all this in time to have one or two that were not going to get a room to go somewhere else and just not show up to see if their credit card was charged as a no-show. Such would be right in line with the attitude our group witnessed.

Room Tip: If it isn't raining and you can sleep beside the road, take it. That way you will not be depend...
Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bob H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainview, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Bob H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

It is unfortunate that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the troubles you had with your reservation and for any inconvenience this has caused you.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights in May for my nieces graduation. On say June 1 I was leaving to attend her graduation party as I backed up one of there maintenance crew had left a full can if paint under my truck there were no cones or any indication they were working on the parking lot , well I ran over it and it exploded all over my brand new truck! I went in and explained what had happened and management was called, they apologized and took full responsibility for it and sent my truck to a detail shop in town. Since it was oil based paint nothing could be done. I informed manager again and was reassured they would take care of it they even wrote me a promissory not per the GM Misty Alaniz. I got back home to San Antonio and took my truck to be repaired when the body shop called and said Holiday Inn had called and decided not to pay for the repaires they then stated it was my own fault for not paying attention!! So I am now out 500$ for my insurance deductible and they will not even return my calls. BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN STAYING THERE!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Reyes9596
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainview, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Reyes9596,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Plainview, TX. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Chicago
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Holiday Inn Express is always of a certain consistency and predictability, which is good. This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express, especially in the middle of nowhere, Plainview, Texas. It is actually a jewel. There are a few things amiss but I had to keep reminding myself, "I am in Plainview", not some populous area. The gentleman who checked me in on a Friday afternoon was awesome! So helpful, noted my elite status with IHG and offered me a cold water. The hotel dining area is nicer than most. This hotel has a nice hot tub, pool, small patio and fitness center. It took them a long time to get the business center back online though. The room was spacious, super clean, and well stocked. The housekeeping is very nice. Do note, as of this date, Room 212 needed a new shower head as the entire bathroom got a shower when it was on, and the bathroom fan was inoperable and needed to be replaced. I heard a woman in a handicapped room say that her valance was falling off and the handicap seat in the shower kept falling down so it was hard to take a bath (they had attempted to use an ink pen to hold it up instead of repairing it). Loved the hotel, the location by everything you need, but I do have a remark and hopefully ownership is listening. I realize, this is the middle of nowhere in East Texas, however, the staff needs to be empowered to deliver excellent customer service. When I asked about where I could use a computer in the area as I had not traveled with mine the only answer I could get was 'the library'. I asked did the library have a printer but they didn't know, didn't know the hours either. What they should be able to do is apologize for the business center being down, get on the phone and call another hotel in the area and see if they have operating computers with printers or contact the library about printers and hours, then call me back with the right answer. That is good customer service. There just seems to be a general lack of connection with how to truly help the guest and making the stay effortless vs. the guest trying to help the staff help them. You won't be disappointed if you stay here, just understand the level of service is a little off. They are incredibly nice, kind and bend over backwards, but they just don't know what to do. Dora was AMAZING - she figured out the issue with the business center, got it up and running and gave me a call. I love her!!!

Room Tip: I would go for the top floor as sound tends to resonate across the floors from people overhead
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TheRealEstateGal
Plainview, TX
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I was outraged to receive a call on the afternoon of my daughter's wedding from my 70 year old parents that the room that they reserved had been given to the previous guest, because they wanted to extend their stay! My mother had underwent surgery a month before this day and was very weak. She requested a Double Handicapped Room and was reassured that it would be AVAILABLE. In order to secure the reservation, she gave them her Credit Card information. Needless to say, I was OUTRAGED by what had happrend to them and this wasn't the first time that this happened. A situation similar to this one happend a year before for my son's wedding! Yes, the front desk called another hotel (which was WAY under PAR for my parents!!!, especially for my mother's medical condition!) I will NOT be recommending this HOTEL to ANYONE!!!! We have been faithful customers of Holiday Inn for numerouls years and NEVER have been treated like this! Why give a Credit Card to reserve the room, if you are going to reserve it out from under your customer? You NEED to do some SERIOUS housekeeping of your LOCAL Management and STAFF!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank WBUPlainview_TX
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainview, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear WBUPlainview_TX,

Krysllin G.
Plainview, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We arrived at 3pm and waited almost 30 minutes for the clerk to find us a room. This was after the Holiday Inn called to confirm and attempt to change my reservation the very same morning.

We booked a little girls slumber party there three weeks in advance because of the indoor pool. We booked a double queen suite with a Jacuzzi, that was not what we received. Instead it was two full size beds for six 10 year olds. I had all of our stuff loaded on the cart and gave my daughter the keys to the room to open the door while I pushed the cart. The girls were horrified when they walked in on a guy in the shower. We went back to the front desk for another room. The clerk just gave us another room, not apologies or offer to discount our room. I don't know if she even said anything to the other guest.

This is Texas and a lot of people carry guns we were not only lucky our girls were not exposed to a nude man, but also that they were not shot.

No one checked on us to see if we needed more towels, pillows or blankets considering there were 6 kids and one adult in the room.

I will be calling Holiday Inn to complain about the experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank motherdtradventures
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainview, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear motherdtradventures,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the room confusion and for the poor customer service which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
San Antonio TX
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We arrived about 10 PM to find that the 3 parking lot lights in the back part of the lot were off, which made for a very dark area. Didn't feel good about leaving our new pickup there, but there was no where else to park. Got to the room and found that the TV remote wasn't working, so called the front desk. He said he was checking in a guest, but would be up soon. Waited 30 minutes, and then took the remote to him. He'f just left, and the woman who had just come on duty said she was new, and had no idea where to find either the supply of new batteries or replacement remotes. Also, she couldn't tell us how to turn on the TV without the remote (we'd already tried everything we knew to try), so we did without TV for our stay. Another problem was the strange sink stopper in the sink. After having no luck finding how to get it open, we had to call the front desk once again. At least that time we got an answer that worked.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainview, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Estelle C,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the parking lot and the bathroom conditions have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2013

At least 40 of us were in Plainview for a high school basketball game. When we arrived at the hotel at around 10:30pm (after driving 6.5 hours), one of our hungry basketball players saw that there was an empty cookie rack at the front desk. The woman at the front desk immediately offered to make cookies for our group. We understood that it was late, and cookies would probably bee seen the next day. We did not expect that the hotel staff would make fresh cookies for all of us. The staff was also very kind in other ways. The breakfast was very good. We will stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainview
Comfort Suites Plainview
#1 of 1 in Tulia
No photo provided
Reddy Hotel
#1 of 1 in Plainview

Been to Holiday Inn Express Plainview? Share your experiences!