“Don't trust this facility...”

Holiday Inn Express Plainview
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plainview
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were driving on May 18, 2014 on our first night of vacation and decided to drive late. We stopped at the Holiday Inn Express in Plainview, Texas expecting our usual efficient good service, that other Holiday Inns in other cities had given us. The young man at the desk had to call his manager for help to even check us in and all told it was 32-33 minutes from requesting a room to getting a key... then when we brought in our luggage he made an insulting remark to my wife about the amount of luggage on the cart. I wasn't aware that Holiday Inn had a bag limit on their carts, his attitude suggested that. The next morning I received a $5.00 discount because of my inconvenience the previous evening... until I got my credit card bill which was charged $6.73 more than my actual receipt stated... to top that off they didn't give me the rewards points for the nights stay! My advice if you are staying in that area... KEEP DRIVING!

Room Tip: Keep driving!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carl B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainview, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Carl B,

Thank you for being one of our IHG Rewards Club Members and writing us a feedback. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Plainview

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have no complaint to make. Our one-night stay here was unremarkable. We did find the staff to be friendly and helpful. The rooms were fine...clean and adequate.
Due to highway construction at the time of our visit, it was a bit hard to get to the part of town on the other side of the highway but we managed to get to our destination just fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainview, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear TravelinQueen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I could not find anything seriously wrong to downgrade this hotel as some of the other reviews have done. The basics were there and the staff was friendly, efficient, the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good. Overall, I have to say I was pleased with my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was concerned with some of the reviews, but there are not many options in that area that offer everything and their facilities are sort of new. I'll be honest that I've never been to that area in Texas and the drive had me worried about how plain and empty really Plainview is. The name says it all, but the Holiday Inn Express had all the basics you expect in a hotel when you are out there for business. The frint desk staff were very friendly and helpful in giving me tips on the area of where to eat and what to do. The breakfast was complete, hot and the standard that you expect at this type of hotel. The room was clean and had all the amenities. Although the location was behind a strip mall, kind of hidden I felt safe. My check-in and check-out were smooth and accurate.

The staff gave me recommendation to a local Taqueria Jalisco for local food and it was delicious. My stay was 48 hours and I can't complaint about the service that I received of the staff or the facilities. I think for my stay Holiday Inn Express was the best in my visit to Plainview.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor, it seemed noisy during the day.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mao70
Misty A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainview, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you during your stay in Plainview. It is always a pleasure knowing that our efforts in making your stay memorable were a success. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Making reservations far ahead of time complete with reservation number means nothing. If they get a chance to rent at a higher rate from someone else than they agreed for your group, some will be without a room. They will not even recognize they have done such. They will refer you to a stinking rats nest up the road a couple or three miles. Those that did get their room were visiting in the lounge/breakfast area and were informed that such a gathering cost $200 rental.

I wish we had known all this in time to have one or two that were not going to get a room to go somewhere else and just not show up to see if their credit card was charged as a no-show. Such would be right in line with the attitude our group witnessed.

Room Tip: If it isn't raining and you can sleep beside the road, take it. That way you will not be depend...
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bob H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainview, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Bob H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

It is unfortunate that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the troubles you had with your reservation and for any inconvenience this has caused you.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Dhan M

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights in May for my nieces graduation. On say June 1 I was leaving to attend her graduation party as I backed up one of there maintenance crew had left a full can if paint under my truck there were no cones or any indication they were working on the parking lot , well I ran over it and it exploded all over my brand new truck! I went in and explained what had happened and management was called, they apologized and took full responsibility for it and sent my truck to a detail shop in town. Since it was oil based paint nothing could be done. I informed manager again and was reassured they would take care of it they even wrote me a promissory not per the GM Misty Alaniz. I got back home to San Antonio and took my truck to be repaired when the body shop called and said Holiday Inn had called and decided not to pay for the repaires they then stated it was my own fault for not paying attention!! So I am now out 500$ for my insurance deductible and they will not even return my calls. BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN STAYING THERE!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Reyes9596
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainview, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Reyes9596,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Plainview, TX. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Holiday Inn Express is always of a certain consistency and predictability, which is good. This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express, especially in the middle of nowhere, Plainview, Texas. It is actually a jewel. There are a few things amiss but I had to keep reminding myself, "I am in Plainview", not some populous area. The gentleman who checked me in on a Friday afternoon was awesome! So helpful, noted my elite status with IHG and offered me a cold water. The hotel dining area is nicer than most. This hotel has a nice hot tub, pool, small patio and fitness center. It took them a long time to get the business center back online though. The room was spacious, super clean, and well stocked. The housekeeping is very nice. Do note, as of this date, Room 212 needed a new shower head as the entire bathroom got a shower when it was on, and the bathroom fan was inoperable and needed to be replaced. I heard a woman in a handicapped room say that her valance was falling off and the handicap seat in the shower kept falling down so it was hard to take a bath (they had attempted to use an ink pen to hold it up instead of repairing it). Loved the hotel, the location by everything you need, but I do have a remark and hopefully ownership is listening. I realize, this is the middle of nowhere in East Texas, however, the staff needs to be empowered to deliver excellent customer service. When I asked about where I could use a computer in the area as I had not traveled with mine the only answer I could get was 'the library'. I asked did the library have a printer but they didn't know, didn't know the hours either. What they should be able to do is apologize for the business center being down, get on the phone and call another hotel in the area and see if they have operating computers with printers or contact the library about printers and hours, then call me back with the right answer. That is good customer service. There just seems to be a general lack of connection with how to truly help the guest and making the stay effortless vs. the guest trying to help the staff help them. You won't be disappointed if you stay here, just understand the level of service is a little off. They are incredibly nice, kind and bend over backwards, but they just don't know what to do. Dora was AMAZING - she figured out the issue with the business center, got it up and running and gave me a call. I love her!!!

Room Tip: I would go for the top floor as sound tends to resonate across the floors from people overhead
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business