Quality Inn
US$60
US$53
Budget Inn(Plainview)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsin townplace to staydirect tvwind energythree night staywalking distancefront desk staffrecommend this hotelshannonconestogahousekeepingpetprogrampillows
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was a little worried when I realized that the North Star was no longer a Best Western, but it turned out to be wonderful! The rooms were nice and clean and the service was as good as ever (most of the same staff from last year)! I would highly recommend it, plus it's PET FRIENDLY!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
textravelerTexas, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Susanna.
Thanks so much for your kind words, we are glad we were able to make you (and your pet) feel at home!

James Bennett
Sales Manager

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My friend and I were going to Palo Duro Canyon for the weekend and decided to stay in Plainview. We needed a pet friendly hotel and Best Western Conestoga was recommended. I especially appreciated Wilma, who was very friendly and quite helpful in helping me find the hotel due to construction in the area. The beds were also very comfortable and the hotel was quiet - I did not hear lots of road noise, like I have found at some hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Many improvements since my last stay there. Have redone rooms and spruced up the outside of the motel. The new lobby is excellent. If you are doing business in Lubbock, it is a great place to stay during football season. You avoid all the falderal surrounding the Texas Tech games.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2013

moved my daughter and her family to Lockney, TX. We stayed in Plainview. Had no cookies like they claim and very little popcorn. The room smelled musty and the shower had pink slim on the edges, baseboards were pretty crusty. Went out to dinner and came back at dark. Table lamp didn't work. Went to put drinks in the fridge opened the cabinet part and roaches went scurrying. Took our belongings out to our truck and slept with the lights on. Best thing was the pool. Plan to go back and visit my daughter and will not stay at that motel. Roaches can be controlled.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lora- h
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We traveled over 10 hours to bring our daughter to Wayland Baptist University. We knew it would be a hectic weekend so we booked our room over a month in advance, reserving a downstairs room because my wife is handicapped. We also confirmed our room two days before leaving. Upon arrival, the clerk saw where we were booked, but our room had been switched to an upstairs room (no elevators at this location). She finally had to move someone else's reservation to an upstairs room, to help accommodate us. When I asked who made the change in the first place, I found out it was a day shift clerk, and she had no authority to change rooms once set. I contacted this day clerk the next morning and she acted as if she didn't care in the least. I will never use this hotel again. Poor uncaring clerks, non-smoking rooms that stunk from stale cigarettes and cinnamon air freshener. Totally unacceptable.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms mean just that. They are not rooms that have been sprayed down with a sickening deodorant to mask the smell from others that were smoking in the room. If it were me, make the whole motel non smoking and have a one time deep clean to eliminate all odors. Next either seriously re-train your staff or get rid of them. They made this stay a total nightmare. If I would have taken a 2nd story room and my wife would have fallen, I would end up owning your hotel. That is how bad this was.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family