Motel 6 Dallas - Plano - Southeast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$425
  • Restaurant
US$105
US$119
La Quinta
Magnuson Hotel Park Suites(Plano)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$98
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2012

First let me say that when I checked in and out the same young lady waited on me. She was delightful, informed and just overall a pleasure. This room was great, king bed pillow top slept great. Handicap bathroom easy excess for my husband. But most inportant the room was very very clean.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Well, I personally do not prefer staying in La Quinta unless I have to. But when I do not have any other choice, at least I know what I can expect from them and I always got it. I appreciate that standardization.
It offers an average breakfast, with plenty of fruits, cereals, bagels, cream cheese and cakes or waffles. Coffee is always good.
Staff is really helpful, they changed my room because the one I got was really noisy.
This hotel and the decor are pretty old. My room was smelling like smoke. Towels and sheets were not really clean but the bed was comfortable.
The hotel is close to highway (again as expected), has a swimming pool (which I did not use) and parking space. The highway causes significant noise in the night, so try to choose a room facing the back yard.

Room Tip: The highway causes significant noise in the night, so try to choose a room facing the back yard.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Horizontal_Sleeper
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The staff was great - friendly, very eager to help, accomodating. Breakfast was nice and the server gave us extra time when we arrived 10 minutes before closing at 9 a.m. The rooms looked fine and seemed very clean with newer carpet and comforters. The problems are due to the age of the facility, mostly. There is no elevator, so we took a ground floor room. Our room ( two double beds) was small with a very small bathroom/vanity. It was quiet and the a/c worked well. The beds were OK, though the linen, while clean and good quality, was skimmpy and easily slipped off the mattresses at the corners. There weren't sufficient electrical outlets - we could only find two - one in the vanity area and one under the desk, so charging assorted phones, a laptop, and grandson's DVD player was a challenge. We needed to use the Internet and had difficulty with the connection. The staff helped us with that, but the server was extremely slow - very frustrating.
We used the pool is a basic rectangle (though a spa was mentioned in the rules list, there was none). The pool is missing border tiles, the security gate was not safe as it did not close completely, and the water was not as clean as it should be.
If, however, you are looking for a room just to sleep in and don't need frills, this is the place for you. The price is right.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sarosebud
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stayed here because the location seemed pretty good for my business trip. The exterior of the place wasn't all that inviting, but for the most part it was clean and no issues. This is the friendliest bunch of people I have ever encountered in my travels and that made the experience quite pleasant. Rooms were fine, clean, again, no complaints. Got my wake up call on time - a real test in my book. Breakfast was decent, beds and pillows were pretty comfy and bathroom was clean. For the money, not bad and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank chelly12364
Reviewed 7 December 2010

For a very reasonable rate, this was a perfectly fine room. No bells or whistles outside of the breakfast bar, but exactly what I would expect and want for this price. The front desk (Awad) was particularly helpful in ironing out a minor problem.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business