“Easy access”

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Plano
gecko831
“Easy access”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights earlier this month. I typically stay at IHG resorts bc of the points program but decided to take a chance & try Hyatt. I was impressed. The rooms were big & the beds comfortable. I didn't try the gallery host amenities but was impressed by what they had to offer. This location is easy on & off the tollway & put me within 10 minutes of major employers in the area. The one con was the pool - very dirty, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while, lots of trash, leaves, dirt, etc floating around & at the bottom. Easy fix - staff just needs to pay it some attention. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Graham, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while mother-in-law was in the hospital at Baylor Plano. Hotel is nice and clean but we didn't sleep well. Room was next to the tollway and noisy. Bed was hard. Small pillows. No microwave in room. Decor was nice and free breakfast is pretty good. For the price this was a nice place. If you can get a room away from the highway you will be happier. Good location in a Plano.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DavidAleshaR
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very impressed with the size of the room and how it was laid out. Very comfortable. We shared the room with our adult son because it was just for one night. The separate living room was huge and had a sectional sofa and ottoman. Our son said it was very comfortable. The living room also had a desk, table and chairs, and a kitchen sink and refrigerator and coffee maker. The beds and the linens were very nice also.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bluebonet
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have always enjoyed Hyatt Place stays, but this one was for a full week, and could not have been more completely satisfying and comfortable. The rooms are immaculate and huge. All technology for connecting to the computer/flatscreen to review your presentations. The beds are fabulous. Breakfast is not just the run of the mill self service buffet but changes and offers things like wheat English muffins with fresh spinach, ham and cheese, alongside many other offerings. Complimentary USA Today and Wall Street Journals are available each day. The full bar keeps guests in house by convenience and great service. Great outdoor pool and fitness area. There are many common areas to have conversation or enjoy the light menu/snack/desserts. There is a 24-hour food menu (hot and cold) by phoning the front desk. Food is picked up by the guest.

Right next to the hotel are a couple of great restaurants. Saltgrass Restaurant is just feet away. Lightening fast WiFi ......free parking. A perfect stay, bar none!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Vernal
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel was nicer than expected and clean. The staff was very considerate and helpful. The breakfast was decent and the staff on top of the service. The pool was clean and easy to use. would stay again.

Room Tip: Bathtub needs help.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My church was having a two-day, in-town retreat, but I wanted to make it more of a real getaway, so my best friend and I made reservations for the weekend at this hotel, which was just a block or two away from my church. It turned out to be just what we needed.

To begin with, we got a great deal on the room from an online deal. Arrival was smooth and we loved the room. There was a huge den-like area with large sectional furniture, a desk and small mini-kitchen area. A divider hid the beds from the den, so it had more of a suite feel to it. The bathroom area was smallish, but the two of us got ready at the same time two mornings in a row without falling all over each other.

This hotel has what you need for a comfortable stay. There was enough storage and closet space that we didn't have to live out of our suitcases. We got up each morning and had an aerobic workout in their nice facilities. Breakfast was included and it's a nice breakfast. My friend and I both live on diets, so it was great that they had yogurts, fruit and whole wheat breads.

One evening we came in after a nice meal out and wanted one more glass of wine. Other folks have complained about the front desk/kitchen situation, but it was perfect to stroll in, get a glass of wine and take it up to the room to relax. I might mention that we also nabbed some chocolate extravagance they had in the pastry counter - OMG!

My one and ONLY complaint was that we came in on Saturday to find a note slipped under our door claiming we'd had a do-not-disturb sign on our door. Not so. We'd put one up between 6&7 am, so the maid wouldn't come in while we were exercising and be in our way, but then we took it down - and the note was not under our door in the morning, but after we'd been away all day. We think the maid just wanted to go home early. The note said we could call downstairs and get the room cleaned, but neither my friend or I am very messy, so we just blew it off.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was travelling with two other work associates. In fairness I first have to say that generally I really like Hyatt Place hotels. They are all VERY similar across the country, have nice spacious rooms, and are overall above average to me. Unfortunately, this particular hotel was not. In fairness, I do have to say that my two work associates did not have all of the same issues i had. I just read another review where someone said the water in the shower never got more than luke warm. I had the same experience, which is not something I like. Although about 10 minutes into the shower, the water suddenly became scolding hot. That was a thrill. Also, my room was very warm. I turned the thermostat down to 60 degrees and it was still warm. The french toast at breakfast was pretty gross, I actually didn't know french toast could be that bad. I didn't rank it lower and while my co-workers agreed with my assessment on the french toast, neither of them had the same issues with their rooms. The Hyatt is a very nice hotel, and the rooms are very spacious, so despite the issues I'd have to rank it an average all considered. There are definitely better hotels in this area without these issues though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business