“NOT A PLACE TO LIVE AT”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I just dont want to say. " DONT STAY HERE". Really this hotel needs major major change. From the bottom level to the top level of managemenet there is a huge lack of royality to its residents. The service is poor. The room was dirty ie, the floors were not cleaned or vacuum even after requesting for them to clean the room. The counters was still not wiped down. The bathrrom shower has concentrated moist of dirt on it. it was never cleaned or even replaced. It was replaced on my request.
The public relations is atrocious and not appealing. The staff showed no slightest interest or any help towards what was their first responsibilty. The pricing was always changed by the different parties involved. With further due, my vehicle was damaged by a limp falling from a tree on their property and they did not want to take responsibilty. Their service provider and their coperate office felt they had no reason to be responsible for they called the ACT AS AN " ACT OF GOD". The damage todate is not repaired. A damage cost of $ 1250.00 .
IN CONCLUSION, I ENCOURAGE OTHERS NOT TO LIVE AT THIS HOTEL

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jj M

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is very dirty and outdated. The wall unit AC is in one room and a fan is supposed to move the air from that room to the bedroom. What you get is a very hot bedroom to try and sleep in. There is no fan or ventilation in the bathrooms so whatever happens there stays there since no air moves. They will not clean your room if you have pets unless you can be there during work hours, so the result is no room service for your entire stay unless you leave work to stand there while they clean. They let the trash pile up in the stairwells so every time you go in or out you walk past smelly trash. That smell is only enhanced by the continual cigarette smoke smell in the hallways.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We were supposed to stay five nights .We only stayed one. This is why. The sheets had male body fluids on them.We had to get clean ones from the front desk. The tub had orange mold and hair in it. I did not allow my kids to bath in there. We had to wait until we got to another hotel. The toilet was not clean. There was a roach on the ceiling over the bed. The room was run down. They didn't have a trash can in our room so we assumed that it went outside the front door. A staff member felt it nesassary to wake us up at 7:30 in the morning to ask us to remove it. We had driven seven hours to get there. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank emmador5
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Sent 2 workers out there on business and just came back today said the hotels had roaches everywhere. Very disgusted and mad at me for booking them at this location. Good thing it wasn't met who found this place, but expected for Amex to make better choices.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pau L
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Wow....So the place was just okay to start out. We booked into one room and it smelled like urine so we asked to nice, with a little resistance the lady working there let us. Upon our stay besides having to stepoutside to smoke cigarettes, were your bound to encounter live prostitutes asking you if you have seen police in the area or asking for tips, it was okay the first couple of weeks, then we received multiple complaints we were smoking in the rooms when we had been smelling marijuana since we were in the room but we aren't going to complain but make sure you have it right. Management would unprofessional stop me in the hallways to tell me that our kids, who even their staff sits in the lobby playing with kids staying their, were too loud. Well who's fault is it when your staff is yelling and playing games along with them. The constant police patrol is cool but.once your realize that they are there daily arresting these girls and Gary pretends he doesn't know and the young black girl covers for them so that the working girls regulars will bring them food. But on top of all of that since we were there a long period of time the supervisor personally took us off the cleaning schedule and now they want to say the room was left.in a mess....well my job isn t to decide which rooms are cleaned or who cleans it after 4 people stayed in it regularly for 3 months, hell I cleaned up after who ever stayed previously after discovering the lazy maids never check cabinets. Thank you for this chance to tell this story. Stay in a Marriott but if its either extended stays on Plano pkwy avoid them, they both have an incompetent puppet as a manager

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank millerilgrande
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Cherping smoke alarm, broken thermostat, leaking kitchen sink at turn on handle, bad smell in the room. As the room got cold because of dropping temp outside the heat adjust on the wall was broke off, on the second evening of my stay the smoke alarm was indicating a low battery

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank WSD2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you encountered several maintenance issues during your recent stay. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing each of these with our maintenance staff so that we resolve them in a timely manner. As well, I will be working with them to ensure that our procedures improve, making our guests stay's better moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pno@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here when my brother was a patient at the Baylor Heart Hospital. Easy to find and amazingly easy access to the hospital (on foot!). Plenty of room, but not fancy. My room didn't have a clock, but the price I paid was darn good. Friendly help and assistance. I'd stay there under the same or similar circumstances.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cobra427sc
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you appreciated the actions of my staff and that our hotel met your expectations. We value our relationship with the Baylor Heart Hospital and hope all works well for your family member.

Thank you again for your review. I will share it with our employees and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.