“The rate on the website was not what I was charged at check out”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Plano
“The rate on the website was not what I was charged at check out”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Reasonable hotel with nice staff.

I initially booked for 6 nights and extended to 13. I asked to extend again for another 3 night and that is when I realised something was wrong.

I was offered a rate through a website at $69.99 per night but I then realised that I was being charged $79.99 per night. i checked the reservation that I received via email after I had prepaid which stated the $69.99, but the small print stated that it excluded taxes.

I challenged the the front desk and they confirmed that they charge 13% state hotel occupancy tax on top.

I checked the Texas state website and could only find a 6% tax so something is wrong here. http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/hotel/

so 2 things they overcharge on tax and they don't advertise the the fact which to me is unscrupulous trade practice.

Needless to say I checked out and moved next door to the Mobile 6 Motel and saved myself $25 a night for and their rate was tax inclusive upfront

Buyer Beware!!

I chose this hotel because it was a suite hotel where I could cater for myself but that turned out to be a hassle.

They provide a huge fridge freezer a 2 ring electric hob but NO oven!! they also provided a .7 liter Microwave which at 700w was only fit to reheat food. I bought some frozen ready meals and was stuck with them as I couldn't cook them.

They also provided a huge dishwasher for to wash 4 plates???

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel smelled awful walking into the lobby, the room was somewhat clean but felt old and dirty- did not sit on couch or let my things stay on the floor. The towels were not clean and bathroom floor was STICKY. Employees were friendly but not professional.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kate t
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I just dont want to say. " DONT STAY HERE". Really this hotel needs major major change. From the bottom level to the top level of managemenet there is a huge lack of royality to its residents. The service is poor. The room was dirty ie, the floors were not cleaned or vacuum even after requesting for them to clean the room. The counters was still not wiped down. The bathrrom shower has concentrated moist of dirt on it. it was never cleaned or even replaced. It was replaced on my request.
The public relations is atrocious and not appealing. The staff showed no slightest interest or any help towards what was their first responsibilty. The pricing was always changed by the different parties involved. With further due, my vehicle was damaged by a limp falling from a tree on their property and they did not want to take responsibilty. Their service provider and their coperate office felt they had no reason to be responsible for they called the ACT AS AN " ACT OF GOD". The damage todate is not repaired. A damage cost of $ 1250.00 .
IN CONCLUSION, I ENCOURAGE OTHERS NOT TO LIVE AT THIS HOTEL

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jj M
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is very dirty and outdated. The wall unit AC is in one room and a fan is supposed to move the air from that room to the bedroom. What you get is a very hot bedroom to try and sleep in. There is no fan or ventilation in the bathrooms so whatever happens there stays there since no air moves. They will not clean your room if you have pets unless you can be there during work hours, so the result is no room service for your entire stay unless you leave work to stand there while they clean. They let the trash pile up in the stairwells so every time you go in or out you walk past smelly trash. That smell is only enhanced by the continual cigarette smoke smell in the hallways.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We were supposed to stay five nights .We only stayed one. This is why. The sheets had male body fluids on them.We had to get clean ones from the front desk. The tub had orange mold and hair in it. I did not allow my kids to bath in there. We had to wait until we got to another hotel. The toilet was not clean. There was a roach on the ceiling over the bed. The room was run down. They didn't have a trash can in our room so we assumed that it went outside the front door. A staff member felt it nesassary to wake us up at 7:30 in the morning to ask us to remove it. We had driven seven hours to get there. Don't stay here!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank emmador5
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Sent 2 workers out there on business and just came back today said the hotels had roaches everywhere. Very disgusted and mad at me for booking them at this location. Good thing it wasn't met who found this place, but expected for Amex to make better choices.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Pau L
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Wow....So the place was just okay to start out. We booked into one room and it smelled like urine so we asked to nice, with a little resistance the lady working there let us. Upon our stay besides having to stepoutside to smoke cigarettes, were your bound to encounter live prostitutes asking you if you have seen police in the area or asking for tips, it was okay the first couple of weeks, then we received multiple complaints we were smoking in the rooms when we had been smelling marijuana since we were in the room but we aren't going to complain but make sure you have it right. Management would unprofessional stop me in the hallways to tell me that our kids, who even their staff sits in the lobby playing with kids staying their, were too loud. Well who's fault is it when your staff is yelling and playing games along with them. The constant police patrol is cool but.once your realize that they are there daily arresting these girls and Gary pretends he doesn't know and the young black girl covers for them so that the working girls regulars will bring them food. But on top of all of that since we were there a long period of time the supervisor personally took us off the cleaning schedule and now they want to say the room was left.in a mess....well my job isn t to decide which rooms are cleaned or who cleans it after 4 people stayed in it regularly for 3 months, hell I cleaned up after who ever stayed previously after discovering the lazy maids never check cabinets. Thank you for this chance to tell this story. Stay in a Marriott but if its either extended stays on Plano pkwy avoid them, they both have an incompetent puppet as a manager

• Stayed December 2013