“Excellent Value - Wonderful Staff and Service”

Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center
Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Plano
New York City, New York
“Excellent Value - Wonderful Staff and Service”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I needed a room for just one night for a business trip to Plano recently. I am self employed so I am always looking for the best value for a nice, clean room and a quiet night's sleep. This place was wonderful.

Understand my 5 star rating does not mean I think it's comparable to a AAA 4 or 5 star hotel. What it means is that for a value brand like Comfort Inn, compared to its peers, this hotel was superior to other hotels in it's price point.

I was a little nervous when I saw the price (under $60USD for the night I stayed) because often in that price range, the rooms are not great, but this place was comfortable, clean, spacious and super convenient.

The best part about my stay was the staff experiences. Every staff member I met was super friendly and helpful, and upon check out, they knew I had a flight to catch so they had my bill waiting for me when I called ahead to let them know I needed to get rolling in a hurry. They made great suggestions for local restaurants since I had no car.

As for the room, well it was quiet enough that I was able to practice my presentation and get a SOLID night's sleep, which enabled me to have a great business meeting. I would definitely return to this hotel if I return to Plano.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CoachSeanC
joeb_actor, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to give you the best service possible at a very reasonable price! Located in the heart of Plano's Medical Center, we are also tucked quietly around very nice restaurants and a walled residential area. We assure you on a nice, quiet stay!

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Prague
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Very nice option. For not exactly cheap area is 60 USD very affordable price. The rooms were nice and clean, the staff very friendly (especially one girl of Persian origin) and there is a nice fitness room. Breakfast could be better and served longer than just till 9AM, but in general we had a very nice stay there.
Michael, Czech Republic

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
joeb_actor, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for your kind word and for staying with us! In the heart of the Plano Medical District, we strive to be THE affordable option for our guests. Our breakfast id served for three hours, from 6:30am - 9:30am, including hot items such as Eggs, sausage and Hot Waffles you can make yourself, shaped as Texas.

Thanks again and I hope we can serve you in the future!
Boothbay Harbor, Maine, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Good value for the $60 (plus tax) per night. Beds comtfortable. Clean rooms. Texas shaped waffles for breakfast (which is included in the $60). Somewhat unpleasant odor in the hall. All in all we will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
joeb_actor, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry for any odor issue you had during your stay. We endeavor to have a clean, pleasant environment for our guest and we will make sure any such issues are addressed. We are glad that you overall stay was pleasant. We look forward to serving you in the future. Remember that we are centrally located near many great restaurants and prime shopping! Thanks again!
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We were in town for our son's wedding in October. The hotel was very comfortable, clean and the staff was friendly and very helpful. We highly recommend this hotel. We will most definitely stay here again. If you are looking for a hotel in this area, you need to look at this one.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
joeb_actor, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Thank you for your kind words! We hope you enjoyed your son's wedding and he and your daughter -in law have a great life together! We pride ourselves in friendly service at a great price, at a prime location for social, business and medical trips. Thank you again!
Groesbeck, Texas
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This hotel offered the lowest rate in area and was very comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Most definitely would stay again! If you are needing a hotel in this area, I very highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
joeb_actor, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your kind words. We strive to give great customer service at a competitive price! Our location is ideal for those visiting the local medical centers or planning on great shopping and dining!

We hope to be of service to you in the future! Thanks again!
Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I booked this hotel for one night for my boys and I. We spent the weekend in the Dallas area to take in a baseball game and were looking for something fairly inexpensive. I have stayed at lots of Comfort Inns and have never gone wrong. This one was one of the cheapest hotels in the area ($60/night), with most other hotels $80-120. I usually question whether or not the cheap hotels are worth it because sometimes there are reasons, bad reasons, why they are cheap! I always check expedia and trip advisor reviews and this hotel consistently got good reviews and I have never been steered wrong by trip advisor reviews so felt extremely comfortable booking this hotel and I'm glad I did. The room was spacious, comfortable, front desk friendly, courteous, and very helpful -- both checking in and checking out -- and there was even an IHOP across the raod for breakfast! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel because there is no reason to spend a great deal of money for one or two nights.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
joeb_actor, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words! We always pride ourselves in giving outstanding service at an affordable price. Located in the heart of Plano's Medical District, we are also within walking distance of many restaurants and a close drive to a lot of great shopping!

We look forward to serving you again!
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Average place to stay. My only real complaint was the bathroom. The tile on the wall looked like it was ready to pop off the wall and there was hairs from other guests around the tub. Neither of us wanted to take a shower there. It just didn't feel clean. This may be a one time thing but I'd probably go somewhere else next time.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
joeb_actor, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
We are really sorry that your room was not up to our normal standards. We take pride in cleanliness and customer service, and I only regret this wasn't brought to my attention during your stay. We certainly would like the opportunity to serve you in the future. Since we are located in the heart of the medical district and so close to many restaurants and prime shopping, we endeavor to be the number one choice in the Plano area.

Please contact me in the future and I will ensure your next stay in Plano, Texas is memorable in a favorable way!