“overrated”

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Plano
Tucson, AZ
“overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed two nights. I was traveling short notice to Plano, TX, and I was in a hurry to book a hotel.
The prior reviews seemed heavily weighted toward cleanliness, which is my first priority. The staff was fine, but the property is old (or at least rundown a bit), and not really that clean. I realize that we all have different standards, but the carpets needed vacuuming (especially hallways), the tile in my bathroom was significantly cracked, the towels were quite worn (and musty), and the overall appearance of the room seemed hastily prepared. I work in the travel industry (airlines), so if you're looking for a hotel with that "fresh," or that sort of "crisp and clean" style, then this is not it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MDoeson
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear MDoeson,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional experience to our guests, but it sounds like we came up short during your visit. For that we are extremely sorry. I have shared your comments with my staff in order to correct any deficiencies that might have occurred. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity, during your next trip to the area, to show you that what you experienced is not the norm for our hotel.

Lisa H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The breakfast staff was amazing and kept everything fully stocked. My only complaint is that the elevator was ancient and very slow, otherwise everything was perfect. Our room was clean and the linens were fresh, our housekeeper was wonderful, though I can't remember her name.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Lxvantess,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that my staff exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to another perfect stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano.

Warm thanks,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Very good indoor pool and reasonable laundry facilities. The TV program was also surprising good, much better than the Hyatt Place that we stayed the night before. Breakfast was also the regular fair, though a tad salty.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Houstonian88,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our indoor pool and TV channel selection. We hope to welcome you back for another visit very soon.

Nueva Gorgona, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is a great place to stay. The employees are friendly and helpful and went out of their way to assist me. Several times I was a few minutes late for breakfast but the assistant cheerfully made food available to me. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Martie1931,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano. I'm delighted to hear that my friendly staff helped to make your stay memorable. Please come back and see us soon!

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

It's hard to write reviews of these generic Marriott hotels but that's the most attractive aspect of them, they are all the same typically. Like Starbucks, they're not the best but they are consistent. This one is clean, quiet, easy to get to and the staff were very nice.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Pemple,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Plano. I'm glad to hear that you found my staff nice and the hotel to be clean. We take pride in our hotel and I'm glad that is shows to our guests. Please come back and see us again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 10 nights over the holiday season. We have stayed here several times in the past. It has consistently been very clean with extremely helpful front desk and breakfast staff. They offer a nice variety of breakfast items, both hot and cold, all maintained by the exceptionally friendly and capable staff.
The pool provides a nice exercise opportunity and the fitness area, while small, was never crowded.
We will be back next time in Plano.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wjetchell
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Wjetchell,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool, workout room and complimentary breakfast. I have shared your comments regarding our staff, and they are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return!

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here 2 nights the week of Thanksgiving. Paid $79 per night on Priceline.

Swift check in and very friendly staff. Candice checked me in, but I had trouble with my room key. The general manager, Lisa, promptly fixed the problem!

Free parking, free WiFi, and free breakfast. Breakfast was just "okay." But hey, it's free. There is an IHOP just across the parking lot.

The hotel is located in a nice area of Plano, Texas. I felt very safe.

Room 330 was very clean. Has microwave and fridge.

Mattress and pillows a bit soft, but I slept well nonetheless.

Nice and quiet.

Shower is nice and hot with a good shower head.

Would stay again, but I would probably eat breakfast out.

*****SEE PHOTOS*****

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Graygab1,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Plano. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Plano.