“Different from the norm, but excellent stay”
Review of aloft Plano

aloft Plano
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I don't know what there is about the Aloft that makes it feel cozy and home like when I'm on the road but it does. The style is very modern retro, if that makes sense? I love the special little items like the food area on the first floor, the bar, and the rooms. Very clean, nicely lit, a chnage from the norm

Room Tip: Never have had a bad room at any location
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Brad C, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

PhoenisSunDog,

Thanks for the awesome review of the Aloft Plano! It is awesome to hear when one of our guests have a great stay. I will make sure to pass your comments on to our Talent to let them know how much you love our hotel. If you need anything, please do not hesistate to give me a call and I will be happy to assist you!

Have an eazy breezy day!

Brad C.

There are newer reviews for aloft Plano

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Cool on the surface BUT.... sometimes cool isn't functional.

1. Replace plastic cups at sink with real glass. Toothbrush dosn't standup in a plastic disposable cup. Also move the coffee machine off the sink and make room for toiletries. Who makes coffee in the room these days? C'mon W.
2. Desk is too small with all the gadgets. Move the gadgets to a shelf and open up the desk.
3. Booked 3 nights for business. Will check out after one. Would only give me the ADA room when the hotel was less than 50% occupied on Sunday PM. Front desk manager claimed that she could give me a regular room for 2 nights but not the 3rd. Seems to me that if truley offered, I would have taken the chance that a room would have opened up on night 3. Really?
4. ADA room has a bed that is very low to the ground and too soft for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

50isthenew40,

I want to apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay at our hotel. I understand how frustrating it must have been to receive the incorrect room type and then receive the response from a member of our staff. I want to assure you, we will address this with our entire staff so we can make not only your next stay, but all our guests stay an A+ experience.

I apologize again and if you need anything, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed there twice in a week and so far they are keeping it clean and neat. A great value and I travel a lot and am platinum with SPG.com.

If in Dallas area would recommend this hotel as a nice value.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2 queen room as a bit more space and counter space.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Brad C, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

DrVonCueBall,

Thanks for your review for the Aloft Plano, TX. It's awesome to hear when our guest have an awesome stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it. If you need anything during your stay with us, please feel free to let us know and we will be happy to assist you. Looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights on a getaway from the kids. We were greeted by the friendly desk clerk and check in was fast. Though a bit on the small side, the room was quiet and well appointed. The big screen TV was a plus. The bed was a bit lumpy for my taste, but my wife said she loved it - so it's a wash. The walk in shower is awesome! The Internet connection was very slow even when connected via the LAN cable - but luckily I wasn't there to work. The pool was a bit small - I couldn't really swim laps because I was afraid of bumping my head as soon as I pushed off. This hotel is on the tollway and for out of towners without a toll tag, it costs an arm and a leg to get to the hotel. But, these things were really minor inconveniences for what we paid and I will surely keep this hotel in mind for future stays in the Plano area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Brad C, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

HoustonAreaMike,

I'm glad to hear about your stay at the Aloft Plano. I am always thrilled when I hear a guest had a great time at our hotel. I will share your comments with my staff and let them know how your experience was, as well a look into some solutions with the minor details you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Dallas.

Have an Awesome Day!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Very cool hotel and so happy to see a hotel that welcomes dogs at no charge. Only bad thing about the hotel was the lack of a hot tub! Free pool in the lounge was a great perk! Nice bartenders and friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Brad C, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Jennabeedot,

Thanks for staying at the Aloft Plano and the awesome review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is always awesome to hear when our guests have a great time with us. We hope you stay with us again during you next visit to Plano.

Have an awesome day!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Business oriented, good coffee, nice gym, close to good food and entertainment and our office. It's a "young / hip" brand which means you have to ignore people saying aloha all the time, neon lights, and overly trendy design. Overall a great value and nice staff.

Room Tip: Every room it the same I think. Keep away from the elevators and lobby like any hotel. Night can g...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Brad C, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

llydtaylorharris,

Thanks for the great review! I love it when someone gives us such great comments. Glad you love the staff, we try very hard to get our talent to provide an a+ experienece with each guest, everytime. I would love to take a moment and personally say thank you for staying with us, just let me know when you'll be in town and we can sit down for a cup of coffee or something. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed one night here while on business in Plano. It is separated from any shopping or restaurants but really close to and easy to get to just about anything you want at Legacy Shops. The check in was quick and friendly and the hotel offers a bar, snacks and computers in the lobby. The rooms were spacious and clean. The whole hotel and especially the room has a very modern vibe. I especially liked that the bottles of water were free.

My only complaint is that I felt the highway was pretty loud as it is right off the tollway. If that sort of noise doesn't bother you then this is the perfect hotel. I will likely find one more off the highway next time but only for that reason. That is why I rated it a 4. Great amenities and space.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Brad C, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Tefoohey,

Thanks for the awesome review! I'm always happy to hear when our guests have such a great stay. Next time you come, let me know and we will put you on the other side of the building to help with getting a good nights sleep. I hope you see you during your next visit to Dallas.

Have a great day!