“It's a very modern hotel at a great price”
Review of aloft Plano

aloft Plano
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had to travel to Plano to train a new hire and stayed in the Aloft. It definitely looks like a loft but it isi very modern and upscale. I was surprised to the over the counter bathroom sinks and the nice 42" plasma. They have a nice bar and pool table. I wish that they offered free breakfast instead the over priced snacks. I will definitely come back to this hotel the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

We appreciate your nice review! It is always great to hear that our guests can find comfort at our hotel while they are away from home. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I travelled & stayed here with a group of about 15 co-workers. It was a good location and decent place to stay. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the hip and fun lobby pool table and bar area. The gym was nice. Out of all of us I think I am the only one who ran into trouble with my room. My A/C went stopped working at 4am on the first night. When I went down to the lobby to see if I could get a new room, I was sent back to my room with a box fan. Not much sleep that night. In the morning when I checked with the front desk they offered me a new room and to move my luggage for me while I was at work all day. Sure enough they had me moved to a new room at the end of the day without any issue and the next 2 nights went without issue. The hotel is right next to the highway and without the A/C on you can begin to hear it as 6am approaches.

The room itself is a cool design with Ikea-like furniture - in both style an quality. Very clean. Bed was comfy. Not much closet storage for a stay more than a night or two. The leisure space is only just big enough for a yoga mat. I wouldn't call this a W hotel... it is definitely a more economical version. It was a nice enough place to stay for the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the feedback. We apologize that we were not completely able to live up to your standards. Hopefully you are able to give us another chance in the future. We promise we will not let you down!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Located right off the highway this place is easy to find and easy to get to if you're in the metro-Dallas area. The Aloft Plano lives up to all the hype of the Aloft brand. The lobby is open and inviting. The bar is full of locals who work in the area and the atmosphere is lively.

The rooms are nicely appointed in an Scandinavian-style which is minimalist. The place is clean and comfy - what more can one ask for?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

From all of us at aloft Plano, I would like to thank you for the great review! If you are ever in town again make sure you take full advantage of the aloft experience by stopping by the XYZ bar, taking a lift on our Go-Go shuttle, or just relaxing in our Re:Mix lounge! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The hotel halls and rooms looked like my Lower East Side apartment of 30 years ago. Real efficient use of space, which would make sense if this was a retro fit. I presume that adds to the atmosphere. Interesting mix of guests from a bunch of executives to a tennis team to a honeymoon staycation local couple. This is not a vanilla stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

We love that we are not your average run-of-the-mill hotel. We like to think of it as our competitive edge. We glad our modern design and eclectic mix of guests were able to make your stay an exciting one. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I recently booked this hotel on a special $75 rate on the day of my overnight stay while passing through the Dallas area. I generally enjoy staying at alofts due to their predictability and comfort.

I had my two small dogs on this trip. Upon arrival, they alerted me that I had to pay an extra $25 because I had 2 dogs (or probably because I had such a cheap rate). No additional service or amenity was rendered due to me having 1 dog versus 2 dogs - I didn't even receive the pet welcome kit. Don't get me wrong - $100 is still a good rate for the room. I just don't like being surprised with additional fees. Their website has no mention of additional fees for a second dog and I've never encountered this additional charge at other alofts.

Otherwise the room was comfortable as is usual for aloft. The Plano area is nice with plenty to offer.

Room Tip: If traveling with more than one dog at this location, bring them in through a back door or separatel...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for the nice review. I apologize we were not able to give you the FULL A+ Experience we promise all of our guests. We are working very closely with our staff to ensure we don't miss a single step in making your stay a memorable. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Booked two nights for a family getaway through Priceline. The Negotiator failed me after years of success. This hotel had a nice and courteous staff. But the style was unpleasant. My college dorm room was the same size as the bedroom area. The only seating was a bench seat under the wall mounted tv. I hit my head on it as I tried to sit on the bench benefit it. The bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable. The office chair was in no way comfortable for logging into work while I was there. The concept was a fail; but the staff was very great. Needless to say we left and stayed somewhere else after the first night.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we were not the right fit for your stay away from home.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I spent 2 nights at this aloft for a business trip in October and found it a very pleasing experience. All of the staff I had interactions with were very friendly and always smiled. The bar staff was fantastic and quite attentive even when the crowd started to swell. The hotel room itself was fantastic. I found the bed to be extremly comfortable, I loved the power station for all of my charging needs and the free wifi was a nice surprise. The room was clean and spotless when I arrived. I will definetly stay here again when I travel back to Plano. I highly recommend this aloft!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Nothing is better than letting us know you will be back in the future! We are glad we were able to make a lasting impression on you. Thank you very much for the fantastic review. Come see us again soon!