“Great lobby! Horrible duvets! ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of aloft Plano

aloft Plano
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Plano
Oakville, Ontario
“Great lobby! Horrible duvets! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Aloft in Plano for three nights January 22 to 25. The lobby is relaxing and inviting and this is one of the few hotels I've actually used it. The wifi is excellent and there are places to plug in through out. The breakfast bar was handy and nicely stocked. My only complaint are the thin, cheap duvets! Having stayed at many SPG properties, I am surprised they have not been upgraded.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LuvLuxury
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for the nice 4 Star Review! I am glad to see we were able to live up to your expectations during your stay with us. I wanted to let you know we are all working closely together to ensure all of our guests' quality of sleep is the best in the business. We hope you will stay with us again in the future to see our improvements!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

How many ways can you say AWESOME
After a family emergency that brought me to Dallas it wasn't until 4:00 AM that I went looking for a hotel. Being a SPG gold member, I took the chance and walked into the Aloft in Plano. Joseph at the front desk went over and above trying to help me get a room with star points. What a shiny star in customer service. I can't say enough about how impressed I was . After about 20 min on the phone with someone in Europe, they called him and he made it happen and with a late check out , I was able to get some Much needed sleep. thank you Joseph and thank you Starwood - this is exactly the reason I'm a loyal customer!

2 Thank ship1
This was such a fantastic review! Thank you for all the great feedback and the 5 Star Review. It is always great to know our staff has gone above and beyond to ensure our guests are taken care of, no matter the situation. We hope to see you again very soon!
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Great rates for after Christmas. This is our second stay at this location. Very convenient for shopping at Stonebriar or Willow Bend. Big comfortable bed and the TV in the rooms is large. One recommendation is to have a cup larger than a paper Dixie cup available by the flavored water pitcher when guests are arriving in the evening. I can't comment on the bar or breakfast but I did like the fact that you could include breakfast into the price of your room if you wanted. We will be back.

1 Thank Lori R
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for such a nice review! The only thing better than having a guest stay with us for their first time is knowing they come back for more. Hopefully you can make it out a third time soon. We hope to see you again!
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we chose SPG hotel, near tollway, and Legacy shopping complex. We only had one experience staying at another Aloft, and it was better than this. We came at 11 and the room was not ready, so we had to come back later in the afternoon. I thought as a Gold SPG member I would get special bonus/upgrade but nothing when checking in - just normal extra points. Instead of trolley, the hotel provides cart like in supermarket. I really like this idea because if you don't carry many luggages, you can walk easier with cart. Oh, there is a pool next to the bar to spend good time.

Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are glad to see you took full advantage of the many amenities aloft Plano has to offer. Whether you are in town for business or just in the area to get away for the weekend, you can always find a great stay at aloft! We hope to see you next time.
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

It is a interesting hotel with a modern look and great services. There is not a good place for breakfast but if you are looking for a great place to sleep, drink, to do an event and all of this for a good cost. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for the great 5 Star review! Next time you stop by make sure you take full advantage of the aloft experience. Stop at the WXYZ bar for a signature cocktail, take a shuttle ride to grab dinner with the Go-Go Shuttle, and break a sweat with our 24/7 in-house gym, Re:Charge!
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had to travel to Plano to train a new hire and stayed in the Aloft. It definitely looks like a loft but it isi very modern and upscale. I was surprised to the over the counter bathroom sinks and the nice 42" plasma. They have a nice bar and pool table. I wish that they offered free breakfast instead the over priced snacks. I will definitely come back to this hotel the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
We appreciate your nice review! It is always great to hear that our guests can find comfort at our hotel while they are away from home. We hope to see you again!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I travelled & stayed here with a group of about 15 co-workers. It was a good location and decent place to stay. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the hip and fun lobby pool table and bar area. The gym was nice. Out of all of us I think I am the only one who ran into trouble with my room. My A/C went stopped working at 4am on the first night. When I went down to the lobby to see if I could get a new room, I was sent back to my room with a box fan. Not much sleep that night. In the morning when I checked with the front desk they offered me a new room and to move my luggage for me while I was at work all day. Sure enough they had me moved to a new room at the end of the day without any issue and the next 2 nights went without issue. The hotel is right next to the highway and without the A/C on you can begin to hear it as 6am approaches.

The room itself is a cool design with Ikea-like furniture - in both style an quality. Very clean. Bed was comfy. Not much closet storage for a stay more than a night or two. The leisure space is only just big enough for a yoga mat. I wouldn't call this a W hotel... it is definitely a more economical version. It was a nice enough place to stay for the night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback. We apologize that we were not completely able to live up to your standards. Hopefully you are able to give us another chance in the future. We promise we will not let you down!