“A very good stay”

Candlewood Suites Plano East
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Plano
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I like Candlewood because their rooms are usually larger than at comparable hotels. Now here we got a two-room suite larger than even the usual Candlewood ones. Neat, clean and comfortable, plus friendly staff at the reception. Add some sandwiches to the selection at your little convenience store, and you will be excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Mbshu ~

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love to hear the feedback from our guest. We are glad you found the hotel be neat, clean and comfortable... I will present your comments with the team and see what we can arragin for the next time your travel needs bring you to the East side of Plano.

Take Care!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This Candlewood property didn't have a lot of the amenities I thought it was going to have (manager's evening reception, breakfast, a pool). Apparently, some of the research I did online gave general information about Candlewood hotels instead of specifics about this property.

The hotel itself was clean (not spotless) and did have that faint, lingering scent of second-hand smoke in some of the hallways and elevators. This property is not smoke-free. My room itself was odor-free, so I was grateful for that.

The hotel itself was a bit noisier than others I've stayed in--you could hear cars coming and going in parking lot, other guests closing doors, phones ringing (muffled through the wall), etc. I stayed in an "accessibility room", which was very spacious; however, the room layout puts the television (small 32" or so) very far away from the chair and bed. I'm a reader, so that didn't matter much to me but for some who like to unwind while watching TV, that could be inconvenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear by_digby,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the hallway condition, amenities and noise during your stay. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January, 2013. After writing an unfavorable review, the hotel management finally made contact with me and apologized. They also made amends and I would consider staying again to give another chance. Since so many Tripadvisor readers use this mode to choose hotels I thought it only fair to report the reconciliatory efforts made by the hotel management.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear CJTraveler55711,

We would like to thank you for your review. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. I am happy you mentioned the efforts of the hotel management to rectify the situation in a timely manner. I appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the services that we offer.

Once again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. This helps in becoming a better hotel.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I was warmly greeted upon check in,and all contact with any staff member was very positive. After reading previous reviews, I knew this brand did not offer breakfast, but I knew I would be getting a full size kitchen, and for lenghthy stays I can cook my own meals. I requested a smoking room and the only available was a suite, which I was upgraded to! The room was nicely appointed, full size kitchen including garbage disposal and dishwasher, with sperate large bedroom, clostes and kitchen, technically a complet one bedroom apartment! The king sized bed was just the perfect firmness, and I woke every morning with no back pain, a big concern for road warriors. The "Cupboard" was always available for forgotten items or a quick snack, just charged to room on honor system, so no cash needed, everything from Ben&Jerrys Chunky Monkey to snacks o toiletries, a mini store in house. The gym had several pieces of equipment, more than the standad treadmill and bike. There is also a laundry room with free washer and dryer, hanging area and large folding table, again a nice little perk. Unfortunately the negatives next. The 2 room suites have no AC in bedroom, just an exhaust fan (very loud) that pulls air from living room. This never gets bedroom to a wanted temp. The laundry room flooded while I was doing laundry, and not a drip, a full inch of water and running out into gym, a big mess. The parking is a bizarre set up. There are many spaces on the curb side of this shared area with a Comfort Suites. All of these spaces have notices that cars will be towed, as it is CS property. Confusing. There is one space next to a back door that had the hotel's van in it at all times, again reducing parking. If you get to this property after dark, be expected to park behind the building near a less than appealing bodega, not really well lit and unsavory characters walking around. There are 3 handicapped and 4 regular spaces near the front of the hotel, the rest are around the back, and most not near a door. The reserved spaces are across from entrance and well lit, but you get towed. Not a good set up. I requested several times not to get a paper, as I don't read the paper, and it was a waste. Every day I got a paper. The bathroom had nice fluffy towes and hand towels, but I couldn't find the face cloths. When questioned, I was told they were on order. It is a major inconvenience to shower with a hand towel, as they are large and get very heavy when wet. Due to interactions with staff being so positive, and the wondderful upgrade, I would like to rate this place higher, but untill the above refrenced issues are resolved, average is the best I can do, although this is one of the nicer hotels I have stayed at in Dallas.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear franklinmilford,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to know that our rooms exceeded your expectations and you find our staff positive and warm. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and we are glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience the laundry and parking may have caused. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

My rating is poor due to what would appear to be managerial issues. The room accommodations were nice, but upon arrival I noticed immediately that the bedspread appeared to have been sat on, the toilet seat was left up (as if a man had used it), there were no coffee supplies in the kitchen and the counter was not wiped. I arrived late at night and thought I could get coffee with the free breakfast in the morning. One problem, no free breakfast with room. I said something to the girl at the desk upon leaving and she offered me some coffee from "The Cupboard," the food supply for guests to purchase items. She offered the coffee free and I thought "Yea, coffee." Unfortunately the coffee machine had some strange mix of water/cream/maybe coffee which did not even smell like coffee. The front desk girl offered anything from the shelves and I took a granola bar. She attempted to make a correction to the $100 charge for the room and ended up charging my card for $20 more dollars. She said the register wouldn't let her make the correction. I left, got breakfast at a local IHOP and attempted to contact the manager a day later. The manager did not return my phone call. Too much cost involved in staying at this hotel. I will continue to attempt to contact the manager, but time is money and if I have to continue to invest into this experience it only makes it worse! Other comparable hotels in the area run $80-100 with coffee in the room and a free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear CarlaJean55711,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I recently stayed here on a quick trip to Plano. This was my first stay at the Candlewood Brand. The room was nice. Well laid out and spacious. Clean and comfortable.

Location was a challenge as the traffic flow is not great, and it seems the traffic is always crazy, making very difficult to go anywhere but west or south. And even those can be a challenge.

Not a lot of perks. No morning breakfast option, unless you fix it in your room. No daily housekeeping, so don't leave the pizza box in the room overnight.

But for all of this you get a great price. If you can forego some of the basic you find in comparably equipped hotels, you'll be very pleased!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DaddyYo
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

DaddyYo ~

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value the feedback from our guest as it gives us direction on improvements.

As far as the breakfast goes..Yes, the Candlewood brand doesn't offer a breakfast but, they do offer a breakfast bag to purchase out of our cupboard.

We look forward in having you as a guest again the next time your travel needs bring you to Plano.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stay in many hotels each year and have stayed in this hotel once a few years ago. I believe it was a year old at that time. The property was nice and clean and the service was excellent. Now time has set in on what should still be a new property as far as age but has not been taken care of. The rooms were not what I would call clean. Details at this property have been over looked for too long. My stay was ok but during this day and age there are plenty of choices. I think that Hilton will get my business in Plano going forward.

Room Tip: Hilton across the street.