Candlewood Suites Plano East
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$157
Homewood
Magnuson Hotel Park Suites(Plano)(Great Value!)
US$91
Hotwire.com
All reviewsfront desk staffvisit familyfull kitchenthe general managerroom was cleanother hotelsconvenient locationkoriamenitiesstovelaundryturnpikekitchenettehousekeepingtreadmillchannels
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel to visit family and to attend a Dallas Cowboys game.
Check in was fast and easy, hotel was clean and welcoming. We loved having kitchen facilities in our room, so that we could have sandwiches and snacks in our room and save money by not having to eat out.
The next morning we got to meet the hotel manager in the lobby. Nice lady. We did not have much interaction with the staff, but the worker's that we did see were friendly.
We have family in Plano, and will stay and recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Karen T ~

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our property. We are glad that you found our hotel to be clean and welcoming. This is something our staff strives for.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to utlize the kitchen in your room.

We also appreciate the kind words about our General Manager. We are lucky to have her and she wants to make sure all of our guest feel like they are part of the the family.

We look forward in seeing you again the next time you are visiting family in Plano.

Take Care!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I like Candlewood because their rooms are usually larger than at comparable hotels. Now here we got a two-room suite larger than even the usual Candlewood ones. Neat, clean and comfortable, plus friendly staff at the reception. Add some sandwiches to the selection at your little convenience store, and you will be excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Mbshu ~

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love to hear the feedback from our guest. We are glad you found the hotel be neat, clean and comfortable... I will present your comments with the team and see what we can arragin for the next time your travel needs bring you to the East side of Plano.

Take Care!
Angie Mago
Regional Director of Sales

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This Candlewood property didn't have a lot of the amenities I thought it was going to have (manager's evening reception, breakfast, a pool). Apparently, some of the research I did online gave general information about Candlewood hotels instead of specifics about this property.

The hotel itself was clean (not spotless) and did have that faint, lingering scent of second-hand smoke in some of the hallways and elevators. This property is not smoke-free. My room itself was odor-free, so I was grateful for that.

The hotel itself was a bit noisier than others I've stayed in--you could hear cars coming and going in parking lot, other guests closing doors, phones ringing (muffled through the wall), etc. I stayed in an "accessibility room", which was very spacious; however, the room layout puts the television (small 32" or so) very far away from the chair and bed. I'm a reader, so that didn't matter much to me but for some who like to unwind while watching TV, that could be inconvenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear by_digby,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the hallway condition, amenities and noise during your stay. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January, 2013. After writing an unfavorable review, the hotel management finally made contact with me and apologized. They also made amends and I would consider staying again to give another chance. Since so many Tripadvisor readers use this mode to choose hotels I thought it only fair to report the reconciliatory efforts made by the hotel management.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear CJTraveler55711,

We would like to thank you for your review. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. I am happy you mentioned the efforts of the hotel management to rectify the situation in a timely manner. I appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the services that we offer.

Once again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. This helps in becoming a better hotel.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I was warmly greeted upon check in,and all contact with any staff member was very positive. After reading previous reviews, I knew this brand did not offer breakfast, but I knew I would be getting a full size kitchen, and for lenghthy stays I can cook my own meals. I requested a smoking room and the only available was a suite, which I was upgraded to! The room was nicely appointed, full size kitchen including garbage disposal and dishwasher, with sperate large bedroom, clostes and kitchen, technically a complet one bedroom apartment! The king sized bed was just the perfect firmness, and I woke every morning with no back pain, a big concern for road warriors. The "Cupboard" was always available for forgotten items or a quick snack, just charged to room on honor system, so no cash needed, everything from Ben&Jerrys Chunky Monkey to snacks o toiletries, a mini store in house. The gym had several pieces of equipment, more than the standad treadmill and bike. There is also a laundry room with free washer and dryer, hanging area and large folding table, again a nice little perk. Unfortunately the negatives next. The 2 room suites have no AC in bedroom, just an exhaust fan (very loud) that pulls air from living room. This never gets bedroom to a wanted temp. The laundry room flooded while I was doing laundry, and not a drip, a full inch of water and running out into gym, a big mess. The parking is a bizarre set up. There are many spaces on the curb side of this shared area with a Comfort Suites. All of these spaces have notices that cars will be towed, as it is CS property. Confusing. There is one space next to a back door that had the hotel's van in it at all times, again reducing parking. If you get to this property after dark, be expected to park behind the building near a less than appealing bodega, not really well lit and unsavory characters walking around. There are 3 handicapped and 4 regular spaces near the front of the hotel, the rest are around the back, and most not near a door. The reserved spaces are across from entrance and well lit, but you get towed. Not a good set up. I requested several times not to get a paper, as I don't read the paper, and it was a waste. Every day I got a paper. The bathroom had nice fluffy towes and hand towels, but I couldn't find the face cloths. When questioned, I was told they were on order. It is a major inconvenience to shower with a hand towel, as they are large and get very heavy when wet. Due to interactions with staff being so positive, and the wondderful upgrade, I would like to rate this place higher, but untill the above refrenced issues are resolved, average is the best I can do, although this is one of the nicer hotels I have stayed at in Dallas.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear franklinmilford,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to know that our rooms exceeded your expectations and you find our staff positive and warm. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and we are glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience the laundry and parking may have caused. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.