“If only the food and service matched the atmosphere.”
Review of Red's Patio Grill - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lorimar
Transit: Dart
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The entrance was very inviting. The interior was well decorated and cozy. When I walked in I stood at the hostess station for a few minutes, went to the restroom, came back to the hostess station and waited for someone to seat me for a couple more minutes. It was 6:35 on a Wednesday and there could not have been more than 20 people in the whole place. I could not understand why it took so long to at least be acknowledged. I chose a booth in the bar area and was seated by the host.
I was seated near the bar and was completely ignored by the bar tender - he was too busy leaning against the bar and talking to pay me any mind even though the waitress had not arrived. Probably 7 minutes later the waitress approached me for my order. She was nice enough but there seemed to be an overall lack of appreciation from everyone that there was a customer in the house even though it was basically a ghost town at what ought to be a busy time.
My wife and I placed our orders. It seemed to take forever for the food to arrive and when it did we were very disappointed. We had ordered burgers thinking they would be quick, tasty (based on the description in the menu) and painless but we were wrong. The food was not even average. Whataburger has tastier stuff.
We have been to Red's several times in the past and been disappointed each time. It had been 18 months since our last visit and thought it may have improved. Boy were we wrong. Needless to say we won't be back. It seems like they try to have a creative menu with unique twists on basic food but they don't pull it off. If they would stick to the basics like good simple fresh food cooked the way you ordered it, an appreciative wait staff and an attentive manager rather than trying to reinvent the wheel and acting like aristocrats it would be a great relaxing place to eat.

There are newer reviews for Red's Patio Grill

Reviewed 27 February 2012

This restaurant is close to our house, and therefore by proximity is a regular haunt. What makes it for us is a mix of the consistent food, and the outside patio overlooking a small pond with ducks, turtles and fish. While we can sit and relax with one of the many top shelf specialty margaritas the kids can enjoy the patio without worrying about annoying other guests. The food is consistently good - deep fried jalapenos a great choice for starters and the Montana Burger with Blue Cheese rocks. If you like spicy - add the grilled jalapenos for an extra treat.

Other items on the menu that always appeal - the fish special has never disappointed; the thai salad and the steak salad well prepared.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

We have been going to Red's for quite a while. LOVE the fried jalapenos, consistently hot and served with ranch. Super tasty appetizer!
I like the burgers & the salads. The pork chop and sides are quite delicious. Drinks are pretty good - the margaritas are a bit overpriced, but not bad. Go with the draft beer. We have always had good service. Try the chocolate pie!

Reviewed 24 June 2011

Good food, some relatively unique. Good outdoor patio.

Reviewed 13 November 2010

Food is good but charging $9.50 for a burger that does not come with Fries or anything. Appetisers are limited. I have been several times and not that good. Service on the patio was good but service in the bar is bad. I paid $15.00 for an appetiser and all fried and not that good. They are proud and not a good value