“Comfortable”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Very nice staff, very clean rooms! I enjoyed my stay very much!

• Stayed April 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I have stayed in over 100 hotels from fancy to fleabag and this one is the all time worst I have ever had the displeasure to come across. From the surly and inattentive staff to the filthy and unkempt room to the dilapidated property and antiquated utilities (no hot water for the better part of a day and television so old you just about had to crank it to get it working). Upon reading my less than stellar review the general manager did offer me a free night's accomodation but you know what...I would rather sleep in the backseat of a trash filled abandoned Volkswagon Beetle. I guarantee it would be way more clean and comfortable and I would not be subjected to mean and unhappy employees.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank Hglewis71

Travellers are raving about these Plano hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I stayed at this place for two weeks in July. I shall never stay there again. I found hairs on the sheets after initial check in- I mean all kinds of hairs. Then I found out that the are not only the sheets, the blanket has even more hairs too, which I found out after one night of stay and some itching and scratching. The pillow also had a weird smell. No wonder they wanted to charge my credit card for entire stay upon arrival/ while I was checking in- their policy is to charge one week in advance. So I got stuck there. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra dollars and avoid this place. The only elevator there was broken for five days- yes- 5 consecutive Days during my stay. The stairs stinks too as there are open trash bins everywhere. The mattress in my room was so soft that I have to sleep on my sides. There are other questionable long term residence there too. The place sometime resembles a low cost geriatrics residential home. There is like only one spoon and fork as far as cooking utensils go. I am okay with not being able to get fresh towels and sheets everyday. Just keep this place clean and get new mattresses!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank johns033
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2010

This hotel offers an array of amenties for the person that needs accomadations for an extended period. They offer cooking facilities, refrigerator (full size), laundry, exercise room, swimming pool. The staff is friendly and attentive. The overall is exceptional.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RVPeddler1
Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Great place to stay during any trip! I have stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe on several occasions and find something new to enjoy during each stay. The hotel is conveniently located right off of North Dallas Tollway near many stores and a large movie theatre. If shopping is what you're after, The Shops at Willow Bend are right up the street. Best of all there is a Saltgrass Steak House right next door!

Pros: Location, comfortable room, affordable price
Cons: No breakfast on weekends, housekeeping only once a week

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
southwest
Reviewed 29 November 2008

We booked our room one month in advance, they did not have the room type we requested available when we arrived. They offered us two rooms with one bed each instead of the one room with two beds we requested. The windows in both rooms were falling out. they were not secured at the top. There was a smashed fly on one of the windows. In one room the smoke detector had been removed. Only an open hole with wires in the ceiling. The elevator had an inspection sticker in it that said next inspection due April 08. It wasn't signed off as of 11/29/08. Toilet ran in one room, TV flickered off and on in one room, No glasses in one room, even though kitchen is provided, towels the size of postage stamps, phones that said you could call room to room by dialing the room # did not work, all you got was a fast busy signal. Also could not dial 9 without getting a fast busy signal.
Property is very nice on the outside but a dump on the inside.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Below average rooms
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Texarkana
Reviewed 19 November 2008

I have stayed at this Extended Stay several times. A group of my friends and I shop in the area once or twice a year. We love the fact that it has two bedrooms and bathrooms but is one room. We also like the mini-kitchen. We are able to bring snacks and it keeps us from having to eat out the whole time we are shopping. Nice area and very quite hotel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — does not have housekeeping dailey
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends