“Very nice hotel in an ideal location”

Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this Marriott property in Plano as part of a conference nearby, and I found the hotel to be great. It's very clean, comfortable and the staff were impeccably nice in any interaction I had with them. My room was also very nice - large and well kept. The location in the Legacy Town Center area is particularly nice - all kinds of restaurants and services just a brief walk away. I'd easily stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Mary L, General Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Valkyrie_Kate,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. Delighted to know you enjoyed our hotel and the Shops at Legacy Town Center. My team were thrilled to know you had a wonderful experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Plano.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Spent four nights at this beautiful hotel during our family reunion, July 10-14, 2014. They offered our family a great group rate and, most of us were located on the 4th floor. Our double-bed room and beds were very comfortable. The noise was a negative for both of us. You could here folks all the way down the hall (not our family - business travelers). Room comes with mini fridge but, if you request, they will have housekeeping bring up a microwave. Bed slept well but, again, the "people" noise wakes you up frequently. Day one, the room was very clean, day two and beyond, the room was very VERY dusty. Maybe from shaking out the linens while making up the beds. If I could see all that dust EVERYWHERE, surely housekeeping could as well!

The pool, exercise room, lobby, business center were all immaculate and user friendly. Staff member even brought us some bottled water while we were just chilling by the pool. Very thoughtful. Big hotel with not enough elevators. If your room is not located near the central elevators, you have a LONG walk to get to them. If walking is an issue, you should request a room relatively close to the (3) elevators. Complimentary WIFI is available only in the lobby. It's $12.95 per day for in-room access. Ate in the restaurant for lunch. Standard fare. Nothing to write home about. Went to Walmart 2 miles away and bought provisions for breakfast and snacks. Absolutely must get out and walk the neighborhood. Great area with boutiques, restaurants and bars (live bands). Beautiful park right across the street. Parking in their covered parking lot, behind the hotel, is $15 per night Mon. - Fri. but, free parking is all around the hotel (even closer than the lot). Best aspect of our stay was the A+ customer service. Least was the noise (and mini fridge "knocking" all night) and VERY dusty room. A/C was great (and quiet), considering it was over 100 degrees outside. Housekeeping must step up their game.

Room Tip: If a lot of walking is an issue, request a room relatively close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shareea

Dear Shareea,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your family reunion. It’s always exciting to see families spending time together. Delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel amenities and pool. Our goal is to always provide excellent service and my team will be delighted to know you and your family had great service during your stay.
Please accept my deepest apologies for the areas that we fell short on. I have addressed with or team leaders responsible for housekeeping and restaurant. We recently added new mini refrigerators to all our rooms. I will ask our engineering department to double check them for external noise.
I so appreciate and value your feedback and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times as have many in my company. From before you walk in the front door, the staff greets you and makes you feel welcome. I walk in now and its like coming home (to a clean, beautiful house!). The bed is so comfortable and they always leave extra pillows. The room and bathroom are clean and housekeeping stays on top of everything.
When you stay make sure to go visit Leslie and Guy at Chaddicks (the lounge/bar). I can't say enough about how wonderful they are!!!! They take of our group every time and I now consider them friends.
The location of the hotel is great. There are lots of restaurants and shops at Legacy Place in walking distance but it's tucked back just a bit so you don't have all the noise of the bar scene at night.
I highly recommend staying here on you next visit

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kate H
Mary L, General Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Kate H,
Thank you to you and your company for choosing our hotel. My team will be so happy to hear you feel right at home here and I will recognize Leslie and Guy for providing excellence service. Glad you enjoy the Shop at Legacy it does have some many venues with-in walking distance and today we are enjoying unseasonably cooler weather and it makes the strolling around the lake and the shops so much more fun. Look forward to welcoming your back in the future and again thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and brand.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend. It has a great location at a walking distance from many restaurants and coffee places, including Starbucks. Our room faced the front entrance of the hotel. They gave us a room on the third floor which it was a really far walk from the elevator ( I did not like that). The room was nice and clean, a little on the small side. The bed was just ok, and the King size was small. Nice pillows. Not something we expected on a pricey hotel.
The bathroom was small but clean, towels were old and we had to call to request more since they only provided us with two bath towels. They were delivered promptly. The front desk staff were friendly and courteous. I am a light sleeper so I could hear people walking and talking in the hallways.
There is a daily charge for internet service of $12.50, and $18 fee for parking. We did not use the actual parking, we used the valet service. It is really convenient since we call from our room before leaving and they had our car ready at the front of the hotel. The team of valet people were really nice and friendly.

There was one thing that it was kind of unusual. On our second day we tried to use the stairs that were close to our room to avoid the long walk to the elevator and to our surprise, when we reached the first floor, there was a sign on the door that said that this exit was only a fire escape door and the alarm was going to sound if we used it. The stairs and the entrance looked like had not been cleaned in a long time, it was kind of spooky. To our disappointment we had to go back up one floor and walk to the elevators (not something that I wanted to do on heels). I thought that was weird and maybe unsafe??
Although we had a few inconveniences, it is a nice hotel. The lobby is elegant and the best part of it, is the location. Plano is a nice city, about 30 min away from the airport and from downtown Dallas.

Room Tip: I can only speak about the third floor experience. If you get a room there, make sure that you are s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Mary L, General Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear quexi,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and delighted you enjoyed your weekend in Plano. The location provides great venues to enjoy. The Shops at Legacy provides entertainment, shops and restaurants that are within easy walking distance from our hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback and I will share with my team in the morning. Please accept my apologies regarding o the stairwell and the condition of your towels and I will follow up immediately.
In addition to our valet parking we do have a parking garage on the west side of the hotel that has complimentary self-parking on the weekends that is available as well.
I certainly hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and please let me know in advance and and we will take excellent care of you. Again, thank you so very much for choosing.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Once again this hotel lived up to (and exceeded) our expectations. The staff service levels are of the highest we have encountered, the location is just perfect (restaurants, shops and entertainment to suit all tastes and pockets within easy walking distance as well as a lake and park immediately outside the front door), the property is well maintained and always beautifully clean and the food superb – just try eating in the restaurant or bar rather than venturing out – the Executive Chef is a perfectionist and a true artist. The team at this hotel really do care about the comfort and happiness of their guests – nothing is too trivial for them. For business or pleasure you really should try this hotel – my wife and I now fly from the UK every year just to stay here – probably among the best hotel experiences in the world. Don’t just accept our view read the other reviews as well.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake at the front have a lovely view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Englishlaw
Mary L, General Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Englishlaw,
Thank you for choosing our hotel. My team will be so delighted to know they exceeded your expectations during your annual trip to Plano, Texas. Texas and Plano has so much to offer from great weather to great shopping and food. Our Chef is very creative and loves trying new recipes. He really enjoys making people feel right at home even in his kitchen. The Shops of Legacy offers such a great variety of venues. I do hope you and your wife had a wonderful shopping experience with so much to choose from locally and around Dallas area.
So appreciate your loyality and I look forward to personally welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our second to stay at this location and it does not disappoint.
This time they comp us to the 6th floor which included a free concierge lounge which include hot breakfast buffer, and some decent views. The lounge also had private computer and printer for printing boarding passes, etc. At check in and that evening, Chris of the front desk staff was very personable and professional and remembered our names throughout the stay.
As noted, the location is great as there are many nice and trendy resturants within walking distance, since it is location in the shops at legacy. (we ate at Jaspers - recommended for great food, but not cheap). there is a center court yard pond, and nice areas surrounding for walking or jogging short distances.
Room include in room coffee, good size flat screen, mini frig, iron/ironing board. I did not use it, but it appeared they charged for internet.
Would stay again, and would recommend the property to anyone. The staff and location make it great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mary L, General Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear EricAustin,

Delighted you choose to stay with us again and we make your stay memorable and enjoyable. Chris was so happy to hear you enjoyed your time and the team is so thrilled you enjoyed the amenities the hotel has to offer. The proximity to the The Shops of Legacy makes it so easy to access a variety of venues.
Look forward to welcoming you back in the future and hope you had a great 4th of July celebration.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here to celebrate our anniversary. It's within easy walking distance of numerous shops and restaurants and we didn't have to drive back home. Our room overlooked the pool but it wasn't at all noisy. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mary L, General Manager at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Barbara E3,
Happy Anniversay to you and thank you so much for choosing our hotel to celebrate your anniversary. Delighted you enjoyed our hotel and the location of your room. The Shop of Legacy has so many venues to offer and it's wonderful when you can park your car and enjoy an evening out without having to worry about driving.

Kindest regards,