“Disappointed frequent Hampton Guest”

Hampton Inn Plano/North Dallas
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Plano
portland or
“Disappointed frequent Hampton Guest”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I may have to stop trusting Tripadvisor ratings. This Hampton was very low quality, old fixtures, loud in room heater, stained carpet in lobby and hallways, broken elevator, broken juice machine, horrible breakfast compared to others. Needs a revamp asap.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matthew E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Plano/North Dallas, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear: Embr

I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your most resent visit to Hampton Inn. I know it is frustrating to have 1 of our 2 elevators down for service. We have ordered the part and the Elevator should be fixed within the week. I have also scheduled our carpets to be cleaned. We hope that during your next trip to Plano that you will give us another shot. If I can be of any assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay with me in person you can reach me at the hotel directly. 972-519-1000.

Matthew Slater

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. I stayed at the hotel for a week. The check-in and check-out was fast and friendly. The temperature dropped into the 20's but the Hampton made it a warm environment with their 24-hour coffee, tea, and hot chocolate bar. My room was very clean and comfortable. They even offered free internet service and complimentary hot and cold breakfast, which was very convenient and a huge savings! Would recommend without reservation, especially for business travel (very convenient to highways and cities).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Amy O
Southern Maryland
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Bad Internet connectivity is the norm rather than the exception while staying at a Hilton property. This hotel now can be added to my list of bad internet experiences. It's like deja-vous every week when I travel. Remember the movie Ground Hog Day, then you can relate to what I am experiencing. I am not streaming video. Is it really too much for a guest to ask for them to be able to check email, Facebook, or shop online without having these issues constantly. Please add some more bandwidth. I am not one to complain about ANYTHING and this is the first review I have written. Tonight, I've just gotten to my limit of patience.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Starbuckie
Matthew E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Plano/North Dallas, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear: Starbuckie

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn in Plano TX. I am sorry that you experienced internet issues during your stay with us. This is something we are actively working on to provide a faster experience for our guest. If we can be of any assistance in the future please feel free to contact us.

East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was our second stay here. We were visiting family nearby. This Hilton is a nice, clean, and well-located property that fit our needs. Breakfast was included and was quite adequate. The staff was friendly and accommodating. It was definitely a great value for our week-end stay!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Had a wonderful experience with my 10 day stay. Room was comfortable and well maintained. Breakfast was extensive and frequently replenished by helpful staff. Computers available in a quite central spot. Fitness centre was perfect and had a nice variety of equipment. Pool was terrific, just wish I could have used it more. No negatives. Stay was wonderful from start to finsh.
Great value for your dollar!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandragrey2014
Dear: Sandragrey 2014

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn in Plano TX. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Hampton Inn in Plano over you 10 day stay. From the team at Hampton Inn in Plano TX we appreciate your business and cant wait to see you again. If you need us feel free to call us.

west fargo, United States
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Very Impressive. Staff is top notch, rooms are excellant, good breakfast, awesome lobby, not too expensive. Unfortaneatly-pool was outdoors- so couldn't use it in winter, but this place was worth it even without the pool.

2 Thank Aaron H
Northern Illinois, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had family living within a mile of this Hampton Inn. We were only planning to stay 1 night but extended our stay to 2. The facility was very clean and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. There is plenty of seating for the hot breakfast. We won't hesitate to stay here again.

1 Thank Nancy J
Dear: Nancy J

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn in Plano TX. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Hampton Inn in Plano and we cant wait to see you again. Hopefully your visit with family went well. If we can be of any assistance in the future please feel free to contact us.