“Great food, service, value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Allen Wickers Pub - CLOSED

The Allen Wickers Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Open since last November.
Anna, TX
“Great food, service, value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Today we opted for the lunch menu in spite of very good choices on the Saturday and Sunday brunch offerings. I liked not only the food and service but the energy I felt there as well. The tempura battered cod was simply great. My wife had a club sandwich that looked great and tasted even better she said. I saw some huge hamburgers pass by the table that made my mouth water. Oh, be sure to opt for the sweet potato fries. This was only our second time there but we will certainly be back.

• Visited March 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Fun place to go for Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I've been here a few times for lunch or happy hour, and am always happy with the food and drinks. The fried pickles and shepherd's pie are two favorites. Service is usually pretty good, although some of the female servers aren't thrilled when it's a table of just women. The guys are always great, though. Atmosphere is nice -- traditional pub, sports-themed, with some European influence. I would definitely go again.

• Visited February 2014
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,217 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the cheese sticks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We went here as a group of 7 one friday evening. It was fairly quiet when we arrived but within an hour it was busy and tables were starting to fill up.
Service was fairly prompt and friendly. Although when a full glass of alcohol was knocked over by accident, they did charge for another one. I know in some places, they have provided a replacement for free.
We also had a few appetizers between us. Fries and nachos were fairly standard. However the cheesesticks were excellent. I would definitely order them again!
If you are looking for a place to have a drink and nibbles, then this is a good choice. I am not sure if I would visit just for a meal, as the atmosphere is more like a bar.

Visited January 2014
Dallas, TX
“Food is very good, menu is confusing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The best fried pickles I've ever had. I wound up with a dinner portion of fish and chips when I thought I was ordering lunch. I've had salads here before and they are great, too.

Visited August 2013
Euless, Texas
“Maybe they were having a bad day?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We met a few friends from an ex-pat group there for Sunday brunch. Service was atrocious. Friendly as all get-out, but awful. We sat down with our friends and the waitress was right there getting our drink order. Good start, right? Though we hadn't even seen the menu yet so we just asked for some water to get started. 15 minutes later she was back with some drinks for others at the table. I had to remind her of our waters. She came back with the water and I ordered a drink. Another 15 minutes later I had to remind her of my drink order. We all ordered food. Nearly 30 minutes later, and after at least one of us asking what the delay was (since others sitting at other tables who got there after us were eating), we finally got our food. Sort of.... The waitress mixed us up. So I finally got my scotch egg and pancakes. One of the eggs was missing a yolk. Seriously? How do you misplace a yolk? There was no syrup for the pancakes. One of our friends needed mustard. Another ordered fish and chips and there was no malt vinegar...and her chips were barely warm. A side note, how is a tempura batter on that fried fish English? Funny, I thought this place was trying to be English. Two rounds later of the waitress checking on us we were still reminding her to bring the syrup and mustard. My husband, who also ordered the scotch eggs never got them because they ran out of hard boiled eggs. He said he didn't mind waiting the *promised* 15 more minutes. Meanwhile... my scotch eggs tasted fine but were quite overdone and dry. I also told the waitress I didn't want to pay the full price for the meal since I was missing an egg. The pancakes had probably been cooked on the same surface as burgers or something else because there was an odd fried meat flavor. Oh, finally! Here comes the syrup and mustard. Never mind I was now 3/4 done with my pancakes. The syrup was very thin and for a second I was thrilled that they might have real maple syrup.... nope...just watered down Aunt Jemima. No flavor whatsoever.
Still no food for my husband. After 40 minutes he got up to find someone to cancel the order. Five minutes after that the waitress showed up with his food.... that he still really didn't want any more. She said she thought he'd change his mind. Or it was a pathetic attempt to guilt him into eating it?
We all were ready to leave this place. I didn't dare order another drink because it may take until dinner to get it. The check came and I was charged full price for the eggs. Not worth my time to deal with it.
Definitely NOT any place I'll return to.

• Visited August 2013