“Typical Chinese food and really spicy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Hsinchu, Taiwan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Typical Chinese food and really spicy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Generally this kind of restaurant does not provide too many service, and so does this one. The food here is really spicy, just like the food in Sicuan, China. I have to say that if you really like spicy foods, then just come here to have a meal.

• Visited July 2013

Dallas, TX
“Simple dining, but good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

my husband and I went to this place last night by recommendation. From the outside it looked empty and dull. We decided to go in anyway and the place was crowded. The inside is very simple and there was no hostess to seat us. The menu was extensive and the prices were very reasonable. The waitress was hard to hear and walked away when talking. We ordered the Egg Drop soup which was $5 and was AWESOME. It was enough to serve 4 people, looks like it is a family size order and it states so in the menu. It took a long time for us to get our soup though, I think the waitress said they had to make more but she was whispering so I was not sure.
We both ordered "safe" menu items. My husband got the sesame chicken and loved it. Portion size was good and the chicken had a lot of white white. I ordered the shrimp lo mein and the taste was good, portion size fine. The shrimp was tiny and looked like the kind out of a can. I am not saying it was bad, but I think I would order something else next time. As we dined, the people kept coming and the place was packed. All the patrons were leaving with tons of left overs and I can see why. The place must be a BYOB because people were bringing in their own wine. The staff was not overly friendly but if that doesn't bother you, no big deal.
If you like simple dining with no frills but good priced food, this is your place. We will go back again.

• Visited February 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Average food. Attentive service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

We love spicey food so wife and I ordered the Sichuan Boiled Fish and Sichuan Chicken. When the Fish was served, we were taken a back by the amount of oil in the bowl. We have had this dish many times at other restaurants and they were never this oily. I took a few minutres trying to skim the oil off the top but it seemed the oil kept coming up. Then we decided to dive in. Fish was tender, broth was very spicy, just the way we like it. The Sichuan chicken was OK, the meat was deep-fried before stired-fried with cabbage, so yea, more grease. We also tried the steamed pork dumplings and regreted we ordered it.

The rice was dried and half way down we found some red chili oil in the rice. I guess we were served the left-over rice from the previous customer who might have used the food spoon for the rice?

Servers were nice and attentive. But I doubt we will be coming back.

• Visited January 2013
USA
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

This is our first time visiting this restaurant, and we are not impressed with their dishes which tasted rather normal or below our expectation.

• Visited October 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Real Szechuan in Plano!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

My wife picked this beauty out of a non-descript strip mall and what a winner it was!!:) After really being disappointed with a similarly advertised restaurant in San Diego we were a little leery as we really like what we came to learn in Hong Kong to be AUTHENTIC szechuan style chinese food. We ordered a platter of their wonderful szechuan green beans along with shoestring-like stir-fried potatoes. What a treat to have the Real Deal in Plano! The rest of our meal was equally delicious as we enjoyed hot and sour/won ton soups and helped ourselves to an appetizer bar. With ice water to drink we were out the door for under
$20 and absolutely stuffed! So glad we found this spot as it is definitely an authentic experience worth having if you are at all adventuresome in eating.

• Visited October 2011