“The bomb.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed with 4 kids, beautiful 2 room suite. Clean, up to date, great staff. Delicious (but not gourmet) breakfast and dinner. Free beer and wine during dinner (5:30-7:30). It is the absolute excrement.

Caveat Emptor - This review may have been written after happy hour.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Many thanks for the review, and we’re so glad we turned out to be “the bomb” during your visit! Traveling with the family can sometimes be hectic, and I’m glad to hear you found our accommodations to be clean, beautiful and up-to-date – we all work very hard to keep them that way! And our evening reception – with complimentary beer and wine – is always a hit after a long day.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

A second visit at this magnificent hotel proved to be a great decision, yet again! When booking our room online, the 2-bedroom suite that we wanted was unavailable. Though, upon arrival, we were asked if we still desired the larger room and were accommodated accordingly...they made it a point to read the notes we included with our online reservation and PERSONALIZED the service...very impressive! From check-in to check-out all staff at this hotel were particularly pleasant and attentive! CLEAN, beautiful, comfortable rooms...great pool/hot tub and sport court/exercise facility...great breakfast...cannot comment on the evening reception since we visited Friday to Monday (A.M.). The location is GREAT...away from the hustle-and-bustle of Dallas, but close enough to get to all area attractions. I can completely understand why this is an "award-winning" hotel. This will be our 'go to' hotel when visiting the area...VERY accommodating, and wonderful all the way around!! THANK YOU FOR IMPECCABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, and my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your second stay with us! We work hard to provide a great experience for all of our guests, and we so appreciate hearing when we’ve hit the mark. While your preferred accommodations were not available online, I am glad to hear my team was able to find a satisfactory alternative at check-in. It sounds like you and your family were able to enjoy many of our hotel’s amenities, including the pool/spa and outdoor sport court. Perhaps during your next visit, you can enjoy our evening reception!

Many thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed here Memorial Weekend. We traveled with 5 boys to visit a trampoline dodgeball facility in the area. Our reservation was for 2 rooms, 1 with 2 double beds, and the other a 2-room suite, with a king bed and a room with 2 double beds - reserved through Hilton Honors program. When we arrived, we didn't get the rooms reserved (even after calling the day before to confirm). However, the front desk was great, Giving us 3 rooms (even offering to give us 4). There were some other minor issues (no shampoo in 2 rooms, only 1 towel hook) but very minor and the staff was great with every request. The rooms were beautiful suites, beds VERY comfortable and the free breakfast was GREAT! The boys loved the basketball court, swimming pool and hot tub. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Thanks very much for the review, and I’m so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us over the holiday weekend. I can imagine that traveling with five boys can be a handful, and I’m glad that my team was able to meet your needs. I do apologize for the mix-up with your rooms, but it sounds like overall you were pleased with your accommodations. I’m especially glad to hear that the boys enjoyed our outdoor sport court, pool and spa – with the onset of another hot Texas summer, the pool area will become a popular place for our guests.

Thanks again for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed in a king room for 2 nights on the 4th floor for a business trip. The suite was surprisingly large and the bed was as comfortable as a hotel bed could be. There were 2 flat screen TVs one in both the bedroom and living area, too bad I didn't have time to even turn them on. The bathroom in the king room was large, although the shower was just your standard shower, I was happy that there was decent water pressure and lots of hot water. The hotel offered free wine and beer during the evening and free breakfast downstairs which had more options then most. It was a great place to stay and conventient for work.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Thanks for the great review, and my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of much of what our hotel has to offer, including the complimentary full hot breakfast buffet and evening reception. Hopefully next time you’ll have a little more time to explore our hotel – and to take in our expanded cable selection on our LCD HD TVs!

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

We visited family in the Dallas area for Thanksgiving 2011. After reading the reviews on here, I decided this was the place we needed to stay. We were not disappointed.

The hotel was spotless. It is difficult to find somewhere big enough for the whole family without everyone being piled on top of one another; but our suite was just what we hoped it would be. The kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed (except for a bottle opener, but we bought one of those).

The pool was gorgeous and made me wish we were visiting during the summer.

Complimentary breakfast is served daily and dinner Monday through Thursday. The meals were good. Our extended family would always try to get us to go to one of their homes for the evening meals, but we politely said no thank you and headed back to the hotel. We really hated to leave and will definitely stay here again the next time we visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thanks very much for the great review, and my staff and I are so glad you chose our hotel during your visit last November. I’ve forwarded your comments to my team, as they will all enjoy reading your feedback.

I’ve made sure that our front desk has several bottle openers on hand should any of our guests need one. If there is anything you need during a future stay, please just let us know. We will always do our best to accommodate you.

I do hope you and your family will be back during the warmer weather to enjoy our pool, and our outdoor Sport Court is available year-round for a pick-up game of basketball.

Thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I can't comment on the cost because the company paid for the room and I have no idea of the cost. The room was great. I had a king size bed (with 5 pillows) in a separate room from the living area and kitchen. There were flat screen TVs in the bedroom and the living room, but the cable selection was limited,. It did have a internet connection in the room with no cost plue a business room with 2 computers and printers at no cost. The kitchen appeared to be fully furnished but I only used the glasses and stored some ice teas in the frig. The housekeeping staff was excellent, in fact everyone I dealt with was excellent. The only problem that I ran into is that the shuttle took three of us golfing on a Saturday and did not tell us that latter that day there would not be a shuttle to pick us up, $24 dollars for a cab for a 4 mile ride. The price of the room included a breakfast and dinner. The breakfast was more that a continental breakfast and it was a buffet style and dinner was the same. There was only one entree for dinner. The food was good and if you went hungry it was your fault.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thanks very much for the thorough review – we’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I’ve passed on your comments to my entire team, as I know they will appreciate the feedback. We all work very hard to provide a great experience, and always enjoy hearing from our guests.

I do apologize for the miscommunication with the shuttle pick-up; I have reviewed this with my staff to ensure we are always clearly communicating shuttle availability to our guests. Should you need to arrange shuttle pick-up before leaving the hotel, please feel free to let the front desk know. We will always do our best to accommodate you whenever possible.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have traveled to the Plano area for the last 8 years. This is one of the best managed properties I have stayed at in my business career. Clean rooms, excellent staff and food that is exceptional for this chain of hotels. Very low turnover of staff and staff that has been well trained. The rooms are spacious and quiet. In my 8 years of staying at this hotel i have never had a request that the staff could not fill.I see a lot of repeat customers on every trip. When my wife travels with me she will not stay anywhere else. If we are going to Dallas for a function we still stay at this hotel. It is 20 minutes to downtown Dallas. We have stayed at numerous Homewood suites around the country but this is at the top of our list. Over 200 nights at this hotel and never dissapointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Wow! Thank you very much for such a complimentary review! On behalf of my team, I am so glad you’ve chosen to call our hotel home whenever you’re in the Plano area. It is always nice to hear from our guests, and we so appreciate such positive feedback from a longtime, loyal guest such as yourself. I have forwarded your review to the rest of the staff, as they too will enjoy reading your comments. We all work hard to provide the best guest experience possible, and it’s nice to hear when we’ve hit the mark.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
10 mi away
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park
9 mi away
Hyatt Place Dallas/Plano
Homewood Suites by Hilton North Dallas-Plano
Staybridge Suites Plano - Richardson Area

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson? Share your experiences!