“Worst Experience in a Hilton”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am very concerned about my stay. Worst experience in Hilton ever. 1) No Shower head in shower area after i complained that there is no shower head it was replaced after one day 2) I called hotel staff around 10:30 AM CST to get my room cleaned up, but it was not cleaned WORST experience

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, and on behalf of my team, I am sorry that your experience was not a memorable one. We pride ourselves on providing an award-winning experience for all of our guests, and rely on feedback and reviews to let us know how we're doing.

I've spoken to my engineer and front desk regarding the shower head, and understand that our engineer had already left for the evening at the time of your request. Their best alternative was to offer to move you to a different room since we couldn't fix the shower head until the next morning. However, there is no excuse for the shower head to be missing, and I apologize for this misstep.

I've also followed up with my housekeeping team who indicated that the 'Do Not Disturb' sign was posted outside your suite's door. In that situation, we do not enter the suite unless we have the guest's permission; our front desk called the suite but were unable to reach you.

We understand you have a choice of hotels in the area, and appreciate you choosing our hotel. I sincerely hope that should your travels bring you back to Plano, you will again be our guest. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Love it, love it, love it! The suites are awesome and the staff is super friendly! Great pool, hot tub and breakfast. I really like the fact that they have a nice grill outside by the pool for all to use I addition to a stove top and full size frig in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

What a great review! We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate you choosing our hotel. I'm especially pleased you liked our outdoor gas grill - we want guests to feel free to enjoy a BBQ meal during their stay with us, just like they would in their own backyards at home. It helps make for a more 'homey' stay vs. a typical hotel experience.

We truly appreciate the great feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My room at the Homewood Suites was very nice and clean and I loved the price for a suite very reasonable! Great complimentary breakfast! It was nice to have the kitchen which was stocked with basic items you need for a short stay. My experience staying here was very positive, will be sure and stay again!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

My team and I so enjoyed reading your review, and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. I'm glad to see that our accommodations and amenities met your needs, and especially that you plan to stay with us again when in the area!

It's our pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very nice... breakfast was exceptional... only there on weekend so did not have evening meal... laundry facilities reasonable, dryers worked well... do not expect a king size bed, extra queen width of 56 inches, not a king size width

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Many thanks for the great review, and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm pleased our accommodations and amenities met your needs, and especially that you enjoyed our daily breakfast buffet. Next time, I hope you're able to enjoy our complimentary weeknight dinner, also very good!

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I stay here somewhat frequently as one of my out of town offices is nearby. My last stay collided with a gaggle of pre-teen cheerleaders. While checking in, Alicia made note of the young guests. She offered to put me away from the action. She made a great restaurant recommendation and then volunteered to make the reservation. She even provided a $25 discount card. Unfortunately, I forgot to present the discount card at the Silver Fox restaurant which we enjoyed. The next day, Alicia greeted me by name as I was passing through the lobby. Kudos to Alicia and the management team.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I so enjoyed reading your review, and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! Many thanks for the kind words, and I'm especially pleased that Alicia's service helped to make this stay a memorable one. I've forwarded your comments to the rest of my team (including Alicia), as guest feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you very much again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel during a cheer camp week. The hotel was 1st class in every way. The staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel was very clean. We definitely would stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Many thanks for the great review, and we're delighted to see that you found our hotel to be "1st class in every way!" My team and I hope your daughter enjoyed her cheer camp, and I'm pleased that you were comfortable throughout your stay with us.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel was 100% of what we were expecting based on other reviews. Staff great. Rooms great. Bed a bit uncomfortable but ok for a night or two. Hot breakfast great. Pool and spa great. All in all it suited our needs 100%

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: check rates on other sites first. Hilton will match lowest rate for the same room advertised. Migh...