“Where is my Appetizer?”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 6 March 2013

It has an upscale feel. The waiters hover over you for every imagined request. Cloth tableclothes and napkins add to the ambience. They took our order, which included an appetizer. We were brought a family style salad serving, delicious bread, but NO APPETIZER! Our food arrived, but NO APPETIZER! I asked about it. The waiter informed me that it had been brought to the wrong table. He said he could cancel it or bring it? I felt that since MY APPETIZER was eaten by someone else that they should have given it to us with no charge. Well that didn't happen! The food was excellent and everything else was perfect (even our appetizer). This is the perfect place to take a special someone on important dates.

1  Thank Karen B

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I treated 2 guests and myself to a birthday celebration. We ordered 3 meals, 2 desserts, and 2 bottles of wine. I told the hostess I had a Groupon. It was worth a mere $30. She said to give to wait er at end of meal. When I did, as I was told, the manager had to approve it. He said we wouldn't have been given a wine special if he had known we had a groupon. Since alcohol is not included on groupon, what is the problem? We only followed instructions and were made to feel bad . It ruined the evening, and I will not return. We were there on a rainy Tuesday and the place was empty, not a busy time. I have used Groupons before at other places and been treated well. The waiter was so talkative, we couldn't talk to each other. The whole experience was strange. Beware. There are many other places that are better.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I dined at Comparis over the years and I always enjoyed the Cioppino. The food is always fresh. Their service is good. I recommend this place for business or family dining.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

My very favorite Italian restaurant in Plano. Lovely ambience, good food, and personal attention by the manager make it a special place to eat.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

This Italian place has wonderful atmosphere and great food. Fun for all family members. ALWAYS smells heavenly!