“First and Last Visit”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2011

My husband and I ventured out to try a new seafood restaurant in Plano that looked interesting. Maybe we hit the wrong night, but we had the worst dining experience we've had in Plano. The interior had some absolutely beautiful features but didn't have a feeling of intimacy. Because of two large dinner parties, the place was loud with people yelling at children. The service was very slow. The drinks were weak, but the food was o.k. Our experience may have been better in the large, outdoor area. Given all the choices in the Dallas area, we won't return.

There are newer reviews for Ocean Seafood Grill

Reviewed 28 October 2010

I found this place during a business trip by searching Tripadvisor. I had a hard time finding the place since they have moved and not all map software/websites are updated to the new location.
The restaurant is in a strip mall and the interior is spacious and feels large. There's a lot of open space in there. However, it's clean and the decor and lighting is comfortable. There were specials listed on a board at the entrance. The place is BYOB, so you may want to stop off somewhere for beer or wine if that's what you want. Being my first BYOB experience, it felt strange walking into a restaurant with a couple of beers in a plastic bag. Once seated the server brought over a glass.
The menu lists a good selection of fried seafood as well as pasta and grilled/broiled dishes. There are just enough items to cover many tastes without over doing it with a huge menu. I had the fried oysters which came out hot and fresh with some god fries and homemade slaw. The food quality was great.
It has the feel of a local hangout, which is welcome if you travel a lot and just want a good meal and some time to rest.
Overall, I'll be going back the next time I'm in Plano.

1  Thank mnveil
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I have been going to Ocean's for over 5 years, this is a long overdue review for a grreat seafood restaurant. We normally go for lunch, our favorite is the Grilled Salmon, always cooked nicely and we get our healthy Omega's!!. Mary and her husband are the owners and hosts. Service is warm and friendly. Often we get fresh oysters on the half shell as an appetizer. Prices are moderate. You can bring your own wine, there is no charge for serving it. It is located in West Plano in a small shopping area on the NE corner of Coit and Spring Creek.

1  Thank RichDar
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 15 December 2007

If you are ever anywhere near this place you must go! Good seafood & pasta... SLURP. Family owned

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 30 April 2007

**note** As of April 30, 2007 - this restaurant is getting ready to move to Spring Creak and Coit in a few weeks - call before you go***

My husband and I have visited this restaurant for the 12 years they have been in business at their Parker location.

This is a locally owned restaurant serving up reasonable seafood dishes. I have typically gotten grilled Snapper or BlueFish with pan fried potatoes and onions. My dish runs about 8.99. My husband gets salmon, shrimp scampi on pasta, pan friend potatoes and onions. I don't remember how much the salmon plate costs - 10.99? The filets are pretty good size - I am thoroughly full afterwards. I just love the pan fried potatoes and onions - that's my favorite dish there ;)

We have also gotten the escargot appetizer. For those who like escargot - you will pleasantly surprised at the number you get - not the typical 6 snails. This dish also has a ton of mushrooms and comes with a little bit of garlic bread. You will probably have mushrooms left over for your meal.

We typically bring our own wine. I can't remember if there is a corkage fee or not.

I haven not had their desserts.

On Mondays and Wednesdays they have specials. Monday is 8 jumbo fried shrimp with fries - I think @ 6.99. On Wednesday they have fried catfish with fries - @ 5.99 or so. The plates look pretty big - I have not tried them.

I have no idea if they prices and menu will remain the same after they move or not. I've been with them for years - and we will definitely visit them when they move.

The restaurant is very "casual" - nothing fancy.

3  Thank agvball