“excellent experience”

Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway at Preston Road
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and I recently stayed at this location on June 27, 2014. The front desk agent Mrs. Lizzie made our stay worth while. When we arrived in Plano, we didn't have a hotel. We stopped to another hotel and the front desk worker was not friendly at all. So we decided to keep on looking. When we arrived here, Mrs. Lizzie was so nice to us. Her personality just made us feel very welcome. The rooms were very nice and clean. The ac worked very well and the curtains blocked out all of the sunlight. The bathroom was very clean. The lobby/restaurant worker was also nice to us. I asked for a couple of items before we hit the road to return home and he gave them to us. The bed was comfortable, along with the location and the price. I would stay here again. If you are looking for a place with a great hotel staff, good price, and great location, then this is the place to be. Thanks for making our stay pleasant. From: The Louisiana Saints Crew (The Babineaux Family)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Missy A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway at Preston Road, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2014

Thank you for the amazing comments Babineaux Family! You have made my Team’s day with your glowing review, especially Elizabeth! We strive for each of our guests to experience a unique stay with a clean room, restful night, and outstanding service. We appreciate you and your family and look forward to your future trips to Plano!

Missy

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The management was good to work with and the price was low. There was nothing fancy here, but the place was clean and a good simple place to stay a night. We appreciated the Spartan, but clean set up with no frills at a good price.

Room Tip: A good basic, clean room. Breakfast was not free, but then the room charge was lower.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great hotel stay for our group as we were in the area for business. Courtyards are so comfy and clean. Great staff as well. I do wish that the breakfast would be available before 7. We had to be up bright and early and could not even get coffee, other than in our rooms. The swimming area was very nice and we'll kept.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Missy A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway at Preston Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2014

So happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your group and create a great atmosphere for them! I apologize that we could not meet your needs concerning breakfast times. Please note that we do serve our Starbuck coffee 24 hours a day, even when our Bistro is closed. We look forward to your next trip with your group so we can wine and dine you all again!

Missy

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The front desk agent confused the heck out of me when we first arrived at this location. Having been up nearly 28 hours with a 6 hour drive we did not need all the room confusion at check in. The beds were amazingly comfortable and after checking in at roughly 4 pm the bed and I became one. The overnight staff at the front desk was rude and unhelpful when I had a simple question for him. Some of the outside doors would not open with the key cards and we had to walk around the building to find a door that worked. My husband dropped me off at the front door at 2 in the morning to purchase something from their market and there was no one at the front desk that could open the door as he had the only key. All other staff especially housekeeping was extremely friendly and helpful. Fix the doors and work on the attitude of your overnight staff and this hotel would be perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We chose this property due to the location being convenient to family in the area. We were very pleasantly surprised. We were promptly and warmly greeted, the room was clean and well appointed, and the location of the hotel was perfect for our needs. It was more than I expected. Everything in the room worked well. The bed was very comfortable with a good mattress and nice sheets. And I liked the layout of the room. My brother joined me for this trip and stayed in his own room. He was pleased with the hotel as well. The lobby is small, but nice. There is computer access for any business needs you might have. When we need to head to Dallas next time for family purposes, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

If your destination is the JCPenney HQ or HP Campus this hotel is a great alternative (they have a courtesy shuttle that will take you to these offices). I was fortunate to make a last minute reservation here last week for an overnight business trip. I checked in fairly late, but there were two employees at the front desk who were both very alert and courteous. They also have a bar/kitchen on the main floor that allowed me to grab a quick burger. The food is all pre-frozen I believe, but was still a better alternative than fast-food and permitted me to avoid looking for a dine-in restaurant late at night.

I stayed on the third floor and I found the room clean and comfortable. I'm finding a loss for words as there was really nothing wrong with the room. I worked in my room for a few hours and they had a large desk and strong wifi connection, which are my main priorities when traveling on business.

I do want to call out an experience I had at checkout the next morning. There was a customer in line ahead of me complaining because he was being asked to pay for his room. He kept complaining that he was a new hire at some company and the company informed him that they would pay for his room. The lady working the front desk indicated several times that no one had paid for the room, but she was extremely patient, professional and even offered to speak with his employer if he were to provide a contact number. I felt she went out of her way to address his concerns, even though his employer probably told him that they would "reimburse" him.

Good stay. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor facing a parking lot. It had some outside construction noise in the morn...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Amazing doesn't even begin to express how good an experience this has been. I traveled to the Dallas/Plano area extensively this winter and spring. I stayed at the Plano Parkway Courtyard on each trip. And I'm very glad that I did. The facility is the standard Marriot Courtyard, nothing special or different there. The staff was what made the trip so special. After my first 2 or 3 trips, the staff knew me by name, knew my preferences and went out of their way to satisfy them. Everyone from the GM to the housekeeping staff was effiicent and friendly. They made some very long stays feel much more like home than any other hotel I have ever used.

I would highly reccommend this hotel for either business or vacation travel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Courtyard side are a bit quieter but cell reception can be a bit sketchy on the first f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business