“always nice rooms and staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Texarkana, Arkansas
“always nice rooms and staff”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

we stay here every year when visiting the model railroad show at theplano convention center. the staff is nice, and the rooms are always comfortable. any issues are dealt with quickly and professionally.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank blueangelofmercy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A property that is a fair value, but standard has absolutely slipped! I can't even vouch for cleanliness, nor would I recommend this place to family, friends, or strangers! HI needs to pull their straps up here....

Room Tip: I would guess the room away from traffic and interior noise from machines-vending etc and elevators...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Linnea B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Linnea B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It is unfortunate to learn that our property has fallen short of your expectations. We take such comments from our valuable guests into serious consideration for this will help us target these specific concerns. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our hotel management for us to make necessary steps to improve our service.

Once again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope we get the chance to hosting you again in the future.

Faith R
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great desk staff, good room, and there it pretty much ended. Linens & pillows not your usual standard, spa out of order, computers in business center not functional, reported "club room" not in service. OK hotel appears to be getting "long in the tooth" and not in an especially good area.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Let then know about the loud and somewhat functional HVAC
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MikeStefHalJoJ
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear MikeStefHalJoJ,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We are pleased you found our rooms and hotel staff great and I thank you for your kind words.

We're very sorry that you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel amenities during your stay. As we strive to give 100% satisfaction to our valued guests, we will forward these concerns to the right departments for necessary actions.

We hope to have another chance in hosting you when you return to Plano.

Tracy V.
Decatur, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, we had experienced a personal problem with our card, and were unable to check-in right away. Kimmy, at the front desk, gave us directions to the nearest bank to have it resolved. We had requested a view, and she made sure we were on a nice side of the hotel, and we could see our vehicle, which my husband likes to keep an eye on. The day had been hard, several set-backs on getting us to the location had made us weary, but thanks to Kimmy (which also supplied us with an abnormally late check-out so that we could get some rest having arrived so late), it was a most pleasant stay. The hotel itself is old, but VERY clean! Thank you, Kimmy! As an employee in the hospitality industry myself, it is so refreshing to see customer service presented so beautifully and so far beyond what is expected as the "norm".

Room Tip: Elevator beeps are very loud, request a room away for a good night's sleep
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha C
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed at this property for 2 nights over the weekend.There is a lot we liked about it, and unfortunately a lot of bad also. First the good. Fridg. and microwave in the room. Plenty of room and big bathroom. All the fixtures, lamps and such worked fine. The elevators are fast. Plenty of room out at the pool area. Great lobby and very nice and clean bathrooms. Had to run in there when we first walked in the door after a long drive. LOL. Free breakfast. Free parking. Free internet. Very friendly staff. Now the bad. The vent in the bathroom didn't work. The t.v. was very small. The channel selection was prolly the worst I have ever seen. Nothing to watch. Had HBO, but no one watches that anymore. A dirty washcloth in the bathroom when we arrived. The soda machine didn't work on our floor. We really wanted to use the hot tub as it was 80 degrees out, and it didn't work and was dirty.The pool was cold. The food at breakfast was a very low quality, but we did get full. And lastly, both mornings we went to breakfast, The older lady working just stood at a trash can and stared at all of us eating. The whole time. A little awkward and annoying. But the hotel is in a great location. It wouldn't take much to get this property up to a great place, but it needs to be done prolly before I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mur018
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Mur018,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your review.

Orlando A.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I'm not one to write reviews, but I felt that I owed it to others to worn them against this hotel. Unfortunately, this hotel has ruined the Holiday Inn name for me, and I refuse to stay at another one again.

Problems:
1) 1ST FLOOR, TRANSPARENT CURTAINS - I could see the deserted parking lot from my window through the transparent curtains. The windows are close to the ground, and I would have been visible to any passer by - day or night. (The night staff did accommodate me and move me to another room!)

2) RUDE STAFF - After waiting three minutes for the front desk staff to finish his gossip session with the manager, he reluctantly came to the desk to see what I needed and said, "What do you want?"

2) HORRIBLE WI-FI - After asking the hotel staff for help, they just shrugged. The front desk finally suggested I call the help line in my room. After going back and forth with the help line for 45 minutes, he said "Well I'll just manually connect you to the wi-fi" (WHY DIDN'T WE TRY THIS 45 MINUTES AGO???)

3) STAFF, AGAIN - I called to the front desk to ask for a tooth brush, and the gentleman responded, "Oh, honey, we are NOT a full service hotel. If you want a tooth brush you can come down here and get it yourself!" (It was more the attitude than anything).

3) THE MANAGER - I called hotels.com to cancel my reservation (they were so helpful, and efficient). During this call with hotels.com the manager of the Holiday Inn calls my room. Being as I was on the phone trying to re-book a new hotel, I didn't answer. They called, again. Again, I didn't answer. They called three more times (in a row), so I finally I asked hotels.com to hold. The manager proceeded to ask why I would ever say the room was gross, and the hotel staff was rude.

4) DIRTY ROOMS - The rooms themselves were sub-par. The sheets were so worn the were pilling, and coming apart. The floor felt grimy and smelt of old smoke.

5) OLD, CRUSTY BREAKFAST - Lastly, just stay away from the breakfast. The eggs were crusty and obviously reheated... Again, and again. The only good part was the coffee and juice...

Good luck to any patrons who choose to stay here... Hopefully, your stay is better than mine.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tatum C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Kate M,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Great property at a very reasonable rate. The room was clean, quite and very comfortable. It had all the amenities you would expect including flat screen TV, free internet and a large fridge. The hotel staff was friendly and informative. Complimentary breakfast had a variety of options and was well stocked. I read past reviews and expected a much older property, but was very pleasantly surprised. My family and I would will definitely consider staying here again the next time were are in Plano.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family