“You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Dallas - Plano

Motel 6 Dallas - Plano
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Plano
Oxford
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Considering we paid $45 for this room, we weren't expecting much. Pulling up outside in the daylight, we were on edge. There were sketchy people loitering all the way around the hotel.

The lady at the desk was friendly and helpful, no complaints there.

The room smelled like a combination of wet dog and cigarette smoke, even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room.

The hotel was supposedly remodeled in 2012, it's obvious they used bottom of the line materials throughout. The mattress was very uncomfortable, as were the pillows. It wasn't what I consider 'clean' but it was cleaner than I expected, honestly, given the exterior of the property.

We were on the back side of the hotel, so there was no road noise, nor did we have noisy neighbors.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KansasKountry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Well I been coming to this hotel since I moved back from Pennslyvania before I left to go back to PA, I would come here always on my days off from work, I work as a personal assistant and nanny and need to get away on my time off. I met this wonderful worker here named Kevitta sadly she does not work here anymore and that's a shame she is the reason I liked this Motel.

Anyways, Motel 6 knows my circumstances so they always check me in whenever I get here because they know the value of someones days off, I do not have a car so I have a lot of stuff I bring with me on my days off. My boss always drops me off she can't have all day to find time to bring me here, THEY KNEW THIS since I been coming here.

I have spent probably thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars here just to be treated bad? It's horrible. I reserved a room with a fridge 2 days in advance and I come and NO ROOM with fridge is available at the time. I had 2 pints of Milk, and ice cream, I had to throw the milk away because I had no fridge. The thing is I can NOT always afford to pay for 3 nights with me just bringing my stuff the night before and leaving it there until the next morning, I can not always do that like I did a time before.

On top of that, the first night I was here I was woken up at 2:30 AM because of a MAN AND WOMAN screaming loudly outside, NO ONE did nothing and they went on like that for at least 20 minutes. I find that horrible.

I used to love this place now I see they do not care about their customers, I am taking a BREAK from this motel maybe they do not want LOYAL customers anymore I don't know. But its sad that I spent a lot of money before I moved back to PA and then when I came back to Texas, I guess they just don't seem to care about their customers.

I can not always afford to pay for a night when I am not at the hotel just so I can get a FRIDGE . Maybe they have money like that every week but I do not. They know my circumstances also, I can not ride a bus and lug ALL my belongings on my day off, and my boss can only drop me off at CERTAIN times.

I am done, but VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED IN Motel 6 . I used to LOVE this place now right now I just am not very happy at all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here because it was hard to find a hotel with open rooms. The rooms were nice and somewhat upgrade but there were stains on the sheets and beds, bathtub didn't drain all that well, beds were very uncomfortable, and roaches crawling from behind the dresser. I will never stay here again and do not recommend anyone to.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 71redgirl13
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

they tried to put me to two non-smoking rooms that smelled like smoke. rooms 245 and 249.
i ended up in room 245. sink was missing pieces and wouldn't drain. good indicator that housekeeping isn't doing anything because you would think one would notice broken sink if cleaning the room.

was in bed 5 min, noticed rash on skin. turned over pillows to find live ticks. left immediately.

hard to believe they are actually clearning the rooms between guests.

Room Tip: room 245, 249 smell like smoke. room 248 bed is infested with insects
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Memphian T
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

clean, quiet, comfortable room with comfortable bed... good wifi, needs fridge and microwave to enhance stay... no breakfast offered. did not note any sketchy folks hanging around like many motels of this type

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Elmendorf, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was very surprised this was a Motel 6 almost went outside to make sure. I had to stay here since I couldn't get a hotel downtown Dallas. These rooms were nice with the hardwood looking floors and flat screen TV the bathroom sink was real nice too. I think is a real big step for a Motel 6. I normal don't stay in Motel 6 but this was pretty good the outside of the building was nice It was close the light rail system "Dart" just about 2 blocks from motel. All the other motel 6 was just very bare rooms but this was not. these rooms are clean and served the purpose. would stay here again if I can't stay in my normal hotel.

Room Tip: hotel rooms in the back of hotel so you don't hear highway noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

It's not safe here because they let any and everybody rent a room.It's noisy and there's illegal activities. Such as drugs & prostitution. the police and staff are in on it.It's not worth the price because there's no refrigerator, nor is there a microwave.

• Stayed April 2013