Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“DISGUSTING!!”

Red Roof Inn Port Aransas
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Do not risk staying at this hotel!! It is disgusting!! Needs a complete refurbishment. EVERYTHING is wearing out, dirty and dated. It's the worst motel I've ever stayed in. They had the nerve to charge $99 per night for 2 adults and was worth $45, if that.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kirbyscott
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Port Aransas

Reviewed 29 May 2012

this hotel falling apart cracked walls worn in pillows broken fence. They had this one child working there I thought she was some sort of indentured servent and they didn't even have waffles for breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank corazonespinado_b
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Was charged an additional $10 per night per adult past 2 when I was not informed of this when i booked the room. Wrote a complaint to the company and received a snarky phone call from a lady who told me it's not their fault. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms very not clean. Continental Breakfast was a joke
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

We moved out because of roaches ,after trying another room,with the same result

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Lou1807
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Room was priced right, offseason, but the rooms are in bad need of remodeling, especially the bathroom. Staff was quite courteous and friendly. Good spot to lay your head after a long day of fishing.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Bowtiefan
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was in Port A on Labor Day w/kids all over the place. All motels/hotels/cottages were upping their prices. I checked into The Travelodge at a VERY decent rate..got a king bed on the first floor and had not one complaint (and I am picky, picky about hotel rooms!!)

If you are ever in Port A, check out this motel. It's a stones throw from the beach and there is also a continental breakfast, pool, microwave, fridge, you name it!! Awesome Staff!! Kudo's to Samantha at the front desk!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank gococoabeach
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Needed a room last min. We looked around & found this one. It was priced WAY too high for 2 adults & 1 child for less than a 12 hr stay.
We walked in the room, & the smell was overwhelmingly horrible, put our stuff down- my daughter went to use the rest room & freaked cause she saw so it was infested with so many little BUGS. At the same time I examined the bed, I was so disgusted to find how many little BUGS I found under the pillows, on the sheets, under the sheets & threw out the bed! We couldnt get out of there fast enough! I went to inform the office we will be leaving because of the room is infested with bugs. When I complained to the front office about all the bugs, she gave a look like she already knew & really didnt care. That lady gave me such a attitude when I told her I want a refund because we are leaving. To make it worse, she tried to tell me she couldnt refund all of our money. After I argued with her, I diid get all of our money refunded. For my records, I asked for a copy of all the reciepts. She then told me they dont give reciepts because its "Traveloges-Policy"! What the H£LL are they trying to pull here? Needless to say, I WILL NEVER VISIT A TRAVELOGE EVER AGAIN! I did a quick look up on bed bugs because I have never seen them & found that our room @ Traveloge WAS INFESTED with BED BUGS... Thats just beyond nasty & for them to rent out rooms knowing there is a bug problem is beyond wrong & down right pathetic! Im sure Im not the first person to complain about this to them & there is no way they can not say they didnt know about the big infestation when all those BUGS acted as if they owned the place.
We did however find a really awesome hotel right down the street for my family WITH NO BUGS OR BED BUG INFESTATIONS!

Room Tip: Dont even bother! Waist of time & money!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family