“Wow the best hotel In Port Aransas”

Island Hotel Port Aransas
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were impressed the moment we called the hotel requesting an early check in. The agent said normally we are sold out the night before but I do have a one room available le. I thought this was very kind as we came into town earlier than expected. Once we arrived we immediately were treated like family. I had a special request needing to keep a few things safe while I was away from the room and the staff stepped into action. The general manager was even involved and made my request happen with out any hesitation. After the beach and dinner I felt a little crispy it was late around 11 pm and went to the desk to see where I could purchase some aloe cream. She was able to find some the hotel had in stock and just gave it to me. This may not be the 4 seasons but the level of service defiantly surpasses every expectation. I have travels a lot over the years and it is the small touches this hotel does that makes all the difference. I will be back and will be booking my Memorial Day trip upon check out

Room Tip: Room 120 was perfect. Very quiet. Only thing I would request is the ability to rent movies in the ro...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew J

Reviewed 18 March 2014

All 3 girls I met in office were SO sweet and helpful. Besides the clean rooms, there is a heated pool with cute bar area. Breakfast is included. Even a room with pool table and ping pong that I forgot to use! I always stay ON the beach when in Port Aransas - but this was great - it's changing my mind on paying so much more. It was close and easy to beach access by car. Rooms were simple - I did choose the least expensive option. Many people probably choose this hotel for option of pet (at extra charge per visit - not stay). It was great - not just for the price, either. Thanks again to the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Just ask what options for price differences.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2014

First time to Port A, so we were not sure where to stay. This place is close to the road & a loud bar is across the street. Walls are thin so it's definitely noisy here. It's been updated nicely & clean. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is only cold items & waffles. The hotel is a mile from the beach. There is a fridge & microwave in the room along with pergo floors which is nice at the beach.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs since it's loud at least you don't have people walking above you.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie E
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This place is clean, well appointed, roomy enough and is good value. The beds are very comfortable. The location is fine and the staff are welcoming and helpful. The breakfast is nothing special, though and would be our only negative.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David F
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Staffs were so nice, offering help and follow up even w/o asking. Heated pool is a big plus in cold days when we were there. Free breakfast was fun. The only thing I would recommend is having some kind of hook/rack for clothes in the pool restroom would be nice. We were lucky traveling there when there was low price (guess because it was off season), feel so good that we would return there mex time in town.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dannamphan
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Came upon this hotel by pure chance...their "Dog Friendly" sign attracted our attention. Very reasonable one time per stay pet fee was a bonus as well as their heated pool...when I say heated, I mean almost bathtub warm which was great for the kind of weather the south has experienced this winter.

VERY friendly staff...and free breakfast. Good location with easy access to everything.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms a quieter, I would think. Book ahead, this place fills up quickly on weekends and hol...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francis A
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Clean room, comfortable bed. Staff friendly and helpful! Good waffles too! Changed our room to ground floor so we wouldn't have to carry luggage up stairs since we are in our later 60's. Also helped with printing up our boarding passes for our flight home!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Days Inn Port Aransas TX
#4 of 20 in Port Aransas
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass/Corpus Chris

Been to Island Hotel Port Aransas? Share your experiences!