We chose the Island Hotel based on the combination of rating and price--it seemed to have decent ratings, nothing terrible really, and the price was right. Thought the rooms looked kind of cute in the pictures, too. It was fine, really. We had a king room (handicap accessible). The room was just big enough--bed, dresser holding the TV, small table with two chairs, fridge,microwave, and one-cup coffeemaker. The bed was comfy--nice and firm with a pillowtop, and had four pillows that were adequate. The AC worked plenty good and kept the room comfortable. Because it was a handicap accessible room, the shower was walk-in, no tub. That was fine. The water pressure in the shower was good, and plenty of hot water. Other reviews complained of noise--we had no issues with noise. Never heard the road noise, the bar across the road, or people upstairs. The breakfast was a nice plus, but it truly is all carbs--no protein. Waffles, rolls, muffins, bagels, toast, cereal, and apples. Also, orange juice and (mediocre) coffee. Honestly, though, the price is a lot more reasonable than many of the other hotels, it's an easy drive to the beach, and although it's "out of town," that means it's about a mile or two from everything. Not a big deal. For those reasons, we'd probably stay here again. The only issue was we noticed they did not wipe up the counter or the sink when they cleaned. There were coffee drips still in the sink and lime juice on the counter right next to the sink (not by where our stuff was).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just one mile from the soft sand and warm surf of Port Aransas Beach, Island Hotel Port Aransas—formerly Mariner Inn & Suites—offers affordable, newly updated accommodations and a variety of amenities perfect for family vacations, weekend getaways, and winter months when you just want to soak up some sun. During your stay at our hotel in Port Aransas, lounge by our outdoor pool, have a picnic by our barbecue grills, let the kids play in the game room, or take the short, 1 mile drive to the beach for swimming, sunning and sandcastle building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Hotel Port Aransas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariner Hotel Port Aransas
- Mariner Inn And Suites
- Island Hotel Port Aransas Texas