This was our second stay at the Port Royal; the first was in a gulf front 3-bedroom and this time our family had two 2-bedroom gulf view condos and a 1-bedroom unit. The condos were very clean, very well equipped and recently updated. Our unit in particular (6304) was very nice and spacious, renovated very nicely. Housekeeping always asked if we need more of anything. (They graciously supply coffee, clothes detergent, dish & dishwasher detergent, paper towels, linens, pool towels, etc.)
The swimming pool is wonderful for the 6 children we had with us. It could have been kept much cleaner and there is significant aging of the surface around the pool, several areas had constant standing water, which had developed a very slippery algae, where my 4-year old fell. The new water slides are incredibly fun, but my 4-year-old (an outstanding swimmer) was not allowed to use them because he wasn't tall enough (48").
The mosquitos were horrible. Unloading the car, riding in the elevator, taking the stairs, walking to the beach, walking by the pool - all resulted in lots of stings. As long as you constantly wear repellant you are okay. I hate the smell of repellant, but it was a very necessary evil. We did not have a problem with mosquitoes at the beach, there was a nice breeze. There were lots of mosquitos at the pool.
First rate service, we chose Port Royal because we didn't need to bring anything but our clothes and some food - condos where you have to bring linens and housekeeping supplies are just too much work! The basic daily maid service is nice as well.
We will be back - with lots of mosquito spray!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AN ISLAND VILLAGE... with all the amenities of modern civilization, we are the premier Texas resort for family fun and group events on the Gulf of Mexico. Come visit Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center, nestled among the dunes of Mustang Island in Port Aransas, Texas.We think the sea, sun and fun should be part of every memorable business meeting and vacation getaway. Miles of uncrowded beaches, tropical elegance, mild temperatures and majestic wildlife make it possible to beachcomb, frolic and enjoy the Royal Treatment year 'round at Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center.You won't find a more luxurious, full-service resort anywhere else on the Texas Gulf Coast...where the sun rises from the sea each morning to greet you with a Royal Welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Port Royal Ocean Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Royal Ocean Resort And Conference Center
- Port Royal Ocean Hotel Port Aransas
- Port Royal Condos Port Aransas
- Port Royal Ocean Resort & Conference Center Port Aransas, Texas