“GREAT DECK”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Mustang Island Beach Club
Smithville, Texas
“GREAT DECK”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

20 years of going to the coast; this is the best/large deck, had shade by 11 am. spent a lot of time on the deck watching the waves. The master suite had room darkening shades, so you sleep as long as you like. Parking was excellent, beach access was very good and private. The pool and hot tub was very clean. There was even a portable fan for the deck if you had no breeze. It was a great seven days and will return, hopefully.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side are more shaded
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

4 Thank danny h

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Harker Heights, Texas
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights and we could have stayed the fourth night for free (that was the plan) but the weather was hot and humid, the mosquitos unbelievable and the condo was dirty. The staff was very nice, the parking was great but if you can't handle dirt, don't stay there. The first thing my husband found when putting his clothes in the dresser, was a pair of dirty men's underwear that the "cleaning crew" had overlooked! Gross!!! The light fixtures, AC vents, and everything else above eye level has a thick layer of dust, the appliances were so dirty, that I didn't even want to use some of them. There was an empty coke bottle on the balcony, trash in one of the living room trash cans, etc. The sheets in the master bedroom had stains (and a hole)on them, the mattress was so lumpy it felt like it was stuffed with straw. Do I need to continue? I know it wasn't a very expensive place, but it should have been a lot cleaner. We had 2 big dogs with us and didn't want to go through the trouble of finding another place to stay (plus the staff was very nice), but I would NEVER stay there again. It is ok if you don't mind dirt, but we do.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Anja H
Bolivar
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I searched for several weeks before deciding on this condo. My search was well worth the time.
I would not of changed a thing!
Clean, neat, and tidy. Well stocked. Perfect view.
Loved the sleeping arrangements.
Loved the small sitting room off to it self.
Your parking space could not of been better. Very much enjoyed the pool and hot tub.
Grills are very well appointed.
Very short walk to boardwalk that opened up at beach.
You are able to drive along the beach!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Leona-and-Greg
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Great place. When I first pulled up I wasn't so sure. Outside is a lil outdated but when I went in the room I was very pleased. The staff was very helpful. They were doing some work outside our condo and it wasnt a big deal, but they called me while we were at the beach and said they were gonna give us 1 night free because of the notice. First class service there. I didn't even call them but they called me. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Oak2429
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is our third visit. Staff is friendly and very accommodating. Our condo was wonderful!!! Made me want to relocate. It rained every day but we didn't mind.., so much to do, we will be back.everything in condo was perfect. Walking to beach was a quick trip. Listening to frogs in nearby pond from our deck. It was just perfect!!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Suzanne B
Shiner, Texas
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Cannot beat the location and price of this place..as long as you do your research and stay in a newly updated unit. We stayed in 207 and it was perfect !! Great view on the balcony !! Had everything we needed in the kitchen, nice PLUSH towels, great beds ( mattresses) in both rooms. The sheets on the queen bed were not the best in terms of comfort but for two nights they were fine. Very comfortable living room arrangement and furniture. Decor was perfect for the beach !! I visit Port A. regularly and plan to return to Mustang Island Beach Club !!

Room Tip: Research on the company website !!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank psr2565
MIBC, General Manager at Mustang Island Beach Club, responded to this review, 2 June 2016
Thank you for your positive review. I am happy to know that you had a great time.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had a nice, relaxing weekend with family! We stayed in Unit 203 and it was nice, spacious, and great value for the cost. This place was free of loud guests at night and any party crowds. Generally, we stay away from the town area of Port A so this place was perfect. I'd definitely recommend this place and I plan on coming back! Thank you to the very friendly staff as well.

Room Tip: Condos with unit numbers 1xx are probably easier to cool than 2xx room numbers. 1xx room numbers rea...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family