Island Retreat
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Beach Lodge(Port Aransas)
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)
Kingfish Courts(Port Aransas)
  • Pool
Port Aransas Inn(Port Aransas)
Beachcomber(Port Aransas)
  • Pool
All reviewstennis courtsliving roomcondo complexshort walkfirst floorfull kitchenwasher dryereasy beach accesslove this placeboardwalkunitbalconypoolsportdunesmarkerpenthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The furniture in the condo was dirty as were the floors. There wasn't a wine opener, salt and pepper or the right shape/size coffee filters. I asked for more than 2 towels per bathroom (we had a 3 bedroom condo with 8 people) and was told no. Now I don't mind using the same towel over and over myself, but I don't want to share towels. The place is excellent for walking to the beach tho and for the money it was what I would expect. I will stay there again and bring more towels, salt and pepper, coffee filters and tissues (we were also told we couldn't have more tissues! Lol!)

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank MindiMarks
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed in VRBO #33. It was very clean and nice. It was right in front of the pool and close to the beach although we found ourselves driving there than walking cause all of our stuff!!! Its pet friendly so we could bring our pet which is why we chose this place. The only 2 negatives that will PREVENT me from staying at this condo is you can hear everyone walking upstairs, you could hear them moving furniture even when they drop something. It really was bad. 2nd reason is bed is hard as a rock

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank tonyarn73
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Four generations of my family spent a week at Island Retreat and a good time was had by all. We spent a lot of time at the pool. The location is excellent and convenient to town and other activities. It's a good home base location for sightseeing in the whole area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank MSG991
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My family has been staying at Island Retreat ever summer for several years. The rates are good for condo stays so close to the beach. This establishment is for any family who have kids or people who just want an average, safe, great location to the beach. They offer on site security - no crazy parties, full size pool. Each unit is a little different so be sure to go to the virtual site to check out the rooms. Good rates during off season and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Check out the virtual tour to select the best room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ironman09
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Cant remember the room number but it was on the ground floor facing the gulf. The pool was right across the parking lot...no complaints... had a great time...only thing is the cost of the room I guess...I just wish it was a little less so I could stay longer and come back more often!

• Stayed: August 2012