Tarpon Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sea Breeze Suites(Port Aransas)
View Hotel
Alister Square Inn(Port Aransas)
View Hotel
The Place Hotel(Port Aransas)
View Hotel
Tropic Island Resort(Port Aransas)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Shark Reef Resort(Port Aransas)
  • Breakfast included
Beachcomber(Port Aransas)
  • Pool
All reviewsrocking chairsfdr suitecloset spacerestaurant calledgreat bedoffice closeshot showerlocation is greatget awayflat screen tvseveral yearslove this placeporchtelephonefrankiescandyport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2011

The young man at the front desk was courteous and helpful. The stairs to second floor were very narrow and it was difficult to get our luggage up the stairs and even more of a challenge to bring them down. The rockers on the porch were very comfortable. My husband played his guitar for an hour and sang "A Ghost In This House." We stayed in the FDR suite, which was spacious. We were glad to have the kitchenette and we enjoyed drinking our coffee in the morning. We had a great view of the courtyard. Our room had alot of windows and the shutters and blinds didn't block out much light so it took me a while to fall asleep. Also, the sun woke us up early. The king sized bed was very comfortable, though. We awoke the second morning to a high-pitched sound. The hotel grounds were extremely quiet. I tried to locate the sound by opening the balcony door only to find nothing. I opened the closet and didn't hear anything there. The noise seemed to be coming from inside the room, yet it sounded faint and far away. The office was below us, but it wasn't open for business yet. My husband woke up and said he heard it, too. I told him it sounded like a woman moaning and he said it sounded mechanical to him. Perhaps it was a cat outside on the front porch, but it was long and continuous. It wasn't until we got home that he admitted it sounded like a lady moaning. We'll never know.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank twofromtexas42
Reviewed 8 September 2010

They allow pets... is that good? Pets mark/urinate randomly. Expect the room to stink from prior pet "visits". Disgusting.

There's peeling paint everywhere you look. Ceiling looked like it would fall down any minute. Some doorjambs are unpainted altogether. Floors are worn/unvarnished.... consequently harder to clean pet "accidents" I'm sure. For the price- it really must be maintained better.

Why DO people stay here? Must be the location. And the porch. The A/C was modern window unit and worked well. Bathroom was clean, but too small (shower).

This is an OK fishing/hunting lodge for the guys & dogs - but DON'T take your girlfriend/wife until they clean this place up.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ItzaSekret
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Outside of the location and the sleep quality of the bed, this hotel does not offer a value for the price one pays for a room. My wife and I stayed there to attend a wedding and this was truly a disappointment. The price was very high, the room was old and would have been okay but it was dirty, ripped linen, light bulbs outs baseboards that needed cleaning and probably painting would be more appropriately stated. I could not see us staying there again as I checked several other hotels in the immediate area that are much nicer and priced at a better value. Sorry for the negative comments, but the turth is the truth. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My husband and I stayed one night at the Tarpon Inn in Port Aransas Texas. The historic hotel is very charming with antique styled rooms and rocking chairs along the porches. We loved having a cocktail on the porch and socializing with the other guests while watching the town come out for the evening. The rooms are small and the bathroom while updated was not what you'd call modern. The extra tall bed was comfortable and it was great to walk to our favorite Port Aransas restaurant. We would go back again for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My wife, 15yr old neice, 5yr old, 1.5yr old, and I stayed during the 4th of July and loved everything about it. There was no TV which did not bother my 5yr old as much as I thought it would. The pool is small but there is a Huge palm tree right next to it and the alternating multi colored light is a nice touch. It was very quiet and at night we would lay in the pool and look up at the stars. The courtyard is beautiful at night. The restaurant was not open when we stayed and I am sure it will be an even better stay when it is. The beds in room 16 are VERY comfortable and we slept like babys. The bar across the street was not that loud, neither was the busy street in front. We took the boat ride across the street to see the porpuses and it was Awesome.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family