“A great weekend getaway!”
Review of Tarpon Inn

Tarpon Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Port Aransas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very small and quaint....a bed and breakfast feel. We loved that there were no phones or televisions in the room...a little weekend getaway from technology was great! Enjoyed reading the history and about Roosevelt's stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Tarpon Inn

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Initial impression was ok. The first 2 nights ( wed and thurs) we're relatively quiet, but it got worse!!
Biggest problem is there is NO insulation between the room wallscould wiling. I could here every movement from above, even the cell phone vibrating!!
Groups of young individuals there for nothing but a party.
Do not go there if you are looking for peace and quiet, or even a cup of coffee before 8.am
Also only one outlet available, no hangers and poor lighting.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank 494humps
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I've been staying at the Tarpon Inn for over 27 years. It's been one of those traditions for Birthday celebrations and mini-vacations. It reminds my family of the East Coast with it's long porches and many rocking chairs. It's a relaxing place to unwind and relax that is a little bit different than the other places to stay in Port A. But, this last trip, I am re-thinking the tradition. The Tarpon has gone up in price to be now charging more than I think they are worth. The rooms are very small. The bathrooms are nothing great. Most don't come with a tub for soaking in. The cleaning crew isn't as thorough and while there is still charm to the place, for the price, I think I want modern conveniences of the Best Western from here on out. At least you get breakfast and a jacuzzi included with the rate at Best Western and a more modern experience. And that's something I thought I'd never say. For 70-80 bucks, the Tarpon's been a good choice, okay, but for $150 with a pet and tax, I'm sad to say that I'm going somewhere else with more amenities for the price next time.

Room Tip: Look at the photos on the Web. I always like the ones upstairs. They are quieter. The floors are woo...
2  Thank TallyHoHoHo
Reviewed 29 March 2013

It's Friday morning and we were ready to head down to Port A for a quick trip of R&R at our favorite little hotel. Very disappointed to learn that as of the last 30 days or so, the Tarpon Inn will no longer rent on weekends for one night. Yes, it has always been a 2 night minimum - but, we have found that if we "take our chances" and wait until Friday or Saturday (day of check-in), if they have availability, they will rent the room to us. I was informed this morning that they no longer do this. It is a sad day....

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

When looking for a place to spend our anniversary, The Tarpon Inn seemed like a natural choice for my husband and I (in our early 60's). It is VERY quaint. The staff, esp. Wendy and Deborah, we so warm and helpful, kind and accommodating! These 2 ladies couldn't have been nicer. Lots of recommendations and suggestions.

We stayed in room 30, the first room on the first floor nearest the office. Why? We wanted two beds and there are two double beds in that room. The room is smallish but certainly adequate; the bathroom was large, roomy even, and we had no problems with it.

Love the rocking chair and ceiling fans on the long front porch! Even appreciated the glass door knob on our room door.

There are no TVs in rooms or phones, but there is a TV in the gift shop off the lobby. Free coffee but no continental breakfast. I do wish for the price that something was available, even a muffin would have been good.

Frankie's Kitchen in super close by, across the street. Better and less expensive, for breakfast (lunch and dinner too!) is Cancun on the highway leading into town from the south. We drove in from Corpus Christi. Lots of locals were at Cancun and it is now way up on our list for places to return to! We had eggs, bacon and pancakes and it was such a great value. Thanks to Marisela, our waitress!!

Room Tip: We really like room 30.
1  Thank GilandKathyR
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The only thing good was the Roosevelt and it was excellent. The rooms were way too small, the heater didn't work well, no tissues in the room....really? It stunk, too much traffic, not a a suitable chair in the room, bad lighting, no toliet brush, no coffee maker and the office didnt open early, had to go to store down the road, walls way toooo thin,. Listened to two women having sex and then talking until 5 am! I'll stop there. Don't go!

3  Thank Peggy462
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend here at the recommendation of a friend very familiar with this area. The rooms were small but full of character and personality. I of course only saw our own room but was told all the rooms were a little bit different in terms of decor and layout. There was no TV, no phone, no other modern amenities to speak of and that was perfectly fine! We weren't in Port Aransas to sit and watch TV anyway, we were there to enjoy the beach and the local food and drink. The bed was comfortable and the AC/heater worked. The water in the shower never did get very hot, and the noise of people walking by and talking is easy to hear, but otherwise no complaints. The location to the bars and restaurants in town was great, and the beach was a short drive. Everything we wanted to do was in very close walking distance. We would recommend The Tarpon Inn to a friend and would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: I'd probably choose an upstairs room in the future, or at least one away from the staircases to...